Moonlight Magic registration dates

JaxFLBear

I find it odd that they say the member who registered must attend. Previously I could register under my login but there was a place to put the name of someone else on the same membership to be the pickup person. Can anyone who registered for the DHS date in May tell me how they handled this?
The registration process will list all owners and you select the one that will be checking in for the group.

pdude81

You don't "log in". The first thing you enter during the registration process is your DVC Membership Number.
It's been a while since I did this, though regularly I register for runDisney races that also use queue it. They make us log in for that. Thanks for the clarification

pdude81

Ended up with mostly terrible numbers. The one I had is the 3000's only moved up by a few hundred, while the one I had in the 8000s dropped by about 3000. Then the message shows up that the queue is closed. Very confusing. I'd assume they would have to let at least 2-3000 parties register before shutting this down, but who knows. Perhaps it's just another system issue without it going down.

Update: took a while but got in

Last edited:

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
We got in as well. As a hotel guest (Fort Wilderness) not on a DVC reservation we did not have any problem. Process was not at all different. I'm now a data point. Yay!

Regarding number in party, "member and up to the number of guests..." did not surprise me BUT "or up to 5 people including the member" did surprise me. I didn't realize we could have a 5th who is not on the room reservation. Was it like this before this year?

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
We got in as well. As a hotel guest (Fort Wilderness) not on a DVC reservation we did not have any problem. Process was not at all different. I'm now a data point. Yay!

Regarding number in party, "member and up to the number of guests..." did not surprise me BUT "or up to 5 people including the member" did surprise me. I didn't realize we could have a 5th who is not on the room reservation. Was it like this before this year?
Yes, that was also the case before. The member could take 4 guests who need not be staying with them. You can only take more than that if they are in your room. And I think (but not certain) that if you have another room booked using your points you could take them too).

JaxFLBear

Do you know if the same applies if you booked a second room at POP, for example?
They don't cover that specific situation on the MM web page.

From the "Know Before You Register" Section:
Members With Multiple Resort Reservations
If Members have multiple Resort reservations, additional party size guidelines apply depending on how the reservation was booked:
  • When staying using Vacation Points or Reservation Points, Members can register themselves and up to the number of individuals on their Resort reservation(s).
  • When staying on your Interval International® Membership using cash or points, Members can register themselves and up to the number of individuals staying in the same room as the Member, per Membership.
  • When staying on your RCI® Membership using cash or points, Members can register themselves and up to the number of individuals staying in the same room as the Member, per Membership.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Last year we had a second room booked on a second member ID that does not have direct benefits. We were unable to book those guests as part of our party. Before registration MS told us that we could book the second room as part of one larger party but we were unable during registration and then MS said after registration that our second room was not eligible. I was pretty livid because I went through steps to confirm with MS before registration and before hyping it up to the second room.

That situation might be slightly different and maybe a second room that is also booked with eligible points would be eligible.

pdude81

Took a while but got in.
Last year we had a second room booked on a second member ID that does not have direct benefits. We were unable to book those guests as part of our party. Before registration MS told us that we could book the second room as part of one larger party but we were unable during registration and then MS said after registration that our second room was not eligible. I was pretty livid because I went through steps to confirm with MS before registration and before hyping it up to the second room.

That situation might be slightly different and maybe a second room that is also booked with eligible points would be eligible.
In the past they would say it didn't have to be blue card points, but in practice you wouldn't make the list if the reservation wasn't on blue card.

But for you last year, were you or another member on your DVC-Y number listed as a guest on that second reservation? That may be where the issue comes up when checking bookings.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
In the past they would say it didn't have to be blue card points, but in practice you wouldn't make the list if the reservation wasn't on blue card.
Still seems to be this way, and that's okay, but...

But for you last year, were you or another member on your DVC-Y number listed as a guest on that second reservation? That may be where the issue comes up when checking bookings.
Last year I was skeptical going in and that's exactly why I called MS before registration. We did not have anyone on DVC-Y in the second room and I asked if I should put someone in the there. I was told it'd be unnecessary because the system should see that I had two reservations. It didn't work. After registration attempts I called MS and explained that I specifically asked about putting a DVC-Y person in the room but they let me know that that wouldn't have worked anyway because each member ID would only be allowed one MM reservation and this would have been seen as an attempt for two reservations under the same ID.

The language is ambiguous and that's exactly why I called. If MS had told me on the first call that there was nothing I could do then I would have accepted that and not thought anything of it. My frustration was less how it was enforced and more that I took the time to seek answers and was given wrong answers that gave me false security and embarrassed me when I had told family "I want sure about if it'd work but I called and was told we're good to go. "

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Do they still release additional tickets next week for non-on-site DVCers? We will be in the area and could certain find ourselves the time for a DVC party at Animal Kingdom! Don't think we've ever done one when we were not on site.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
Do they still release additional tickets next week for non-on-site DVCers? We will be in the area and could certain find ourselves the time for a DVC party at Animal Kingdom! Don't think we've ever done one when we were not on site.
They do, but I have no idea how many they hold back. Good luck though. 🤞🤞🤞

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
Open registration for the Typhoon Lagoon event on August 23rd opens on Wednesday 9th. Anyone eligible for membership extras can register.

This should be the link, ignore the current message which refers to the early registration.

Remember to join before 11am and ignore any messages that the event is full. Stay on the page, don’t refresh. Even if the system freezes.

Edit: @JaxFLBear has posted a more likely link.

Or go to the DVC moonlight magic page here and it will direct you to the VQ:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom