Moonlight Magic registration dates

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
DVC have published the registration dates for all the MM events.

Disney's Hollywood Studios
  • Event Dates: May 11, 2023 and September 13, 2023
  • Early registration opens April 4th
  • Open registration opens May 3rd & Aug 31st
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
  • Event Dates: July 11, 2023 and August 2, 2023
  • Early registration opens June 14th
  • Open registration opens June 21st & July 19th
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
  • Event Dates: May 23, 2023 and August 23, 2023
  • Early registration opens April 26th
  • Open registration opens May 11th & Aug 9th

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
Bumping this.

Registration for DHS opens tomorrow, emails are going out to those who already have a qualifying reservation for the dates in question, namely May 11th & September 13th.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
So it works for cash stays at nonDVC resorts?
Apparently.

By which I mean theoretically. But there have been glitches before whereby “blue card” members booked on resale points couldn’t register. So I hope they have all these problems sorted.

Anyone planning to register - make sure you are on before 11am. You’ll be randomly allocated a place in a VQ. Anyone joining later will be added to the end of the queue.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
By which I mean theoretically. But there have been glitches before whereby “blue card” members booked on resale points couldn’t register. So I hope they have all these problems sorted.

This squarely hits my question. I've complained here before about issues with "which" membership I am booked on, my direct or resale. I had a lengthy elevated call with MS calmly laying into the policies at the time, so hopefully it has indeed improved.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I understand that a member needs to be on-site. Can the room be a regular hotel room at the All Stars, Port Orleans, etc booked through disneyworld.com, or must it be booked through DVC?

If it doesn't need to be booked through DVC, how is eligibility verified? Are they pulling through what's linked in MDE?

I'm asking because I have a choice. I can either book a cheap cash room or use points at Saratoga. I'd rather not use points at Saratoga but am curious if I book cash if we'll still be eligible.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
I understand that a member needs to be on-site. Can the room be a regular hotel room at the All Stars, Port Orleans, etc booked through disneyworld.com, or must it be booked through DVC?

If it doesn't need to be booked through DVC, how is eligibility verified? Are they pulling through what's linked in MDE?

I'm asking because I have a choice. I can either book a cheap cash room or use points at Saratoga. I'd rather not use points at Saratoga but am curious if I book cash if we'll still be eligible.
I’m fairly sure it can be any onsite reservation at a Disney owned and operated resort. It doesn’t include SoG or the Swolphin resorts. That’s just for the early registration.

I haven’t ever tried to book, but I assume as long as the reservation is linked in MDE it’ll find it. I’ll try and see if I can find any reports for you.

However if you have a cash stay booked you won’t get the email about early registration, so you need to set a reminder for the date and make sure you visit the website and bookmark the page ahead of time. And sign in beforehand (plus have a note of your membership number too, in case it’s needed).

This is the general DVC info page:

Last edited:

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I’m fairly sure it can be any onsite reservation at a Disney owned and operated resort. It doesn’t include SoG or the Swolphin resorts. That’s just for the early registration.

I haven’t ever tried to book, but I assume as long as the reservation is linked in MDE it’ll find it. I’ll try and see if I can find any reports for you.

However if you have a cash stay booked you won’t get the email about early registration, so you need to set a reminder for the date and make sure you visit the website and bookmark the page ahead of time. And sign in beforehand (plus have a note of your membership number too, in case it’s needed).

This is the general DVC info page:

I had to call to bank some transferred points so I used the time to ask about hotels and MS said I should be good to go with the hotel reservation in my wife's name with the rest of us linked and that either of us should be able to make the moonlight magic reservation on Wednesday. I'm reasonably confident but we'll see what happens.

pdude81

I'm pretty sure I didn't get an email about this even though we've had a stay linked for months. Hopefully it's all good tomorrow.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
Registration for the DAK MM events is not until Wednesday (6/14). Emails should go out tomorrow (6/13) to eligible members with an onsite reservation.
And any changes need to be made by tonight eg adding a guest.

You don’t need the email to register. The link will be on the website, same page as before. I’ll see if I can find it.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Registration for the DAK MM events is not until Wednesday (6/14). Emails should go out tomorrow (6/13) to eligible members with an onsite reservation.
My wife said some of her friends received emails today. I have no idea the content.

pdude81

And any changes need to be made by tonight eg adding a guest.

You don’t need the email to register. The link will be on the website, same page as before. I’ll see if I can find it.
Thanks. Still no email, but everything is linked properly so I'll assume no issues.

pdude81

I find it odd that they say the member who registered must attend. Previously I could register under my login but there was a place to put the name of someone else on the same membership to be the pickup person. Can anyone who registered for the DHS date in May tell me how they handled this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom