MontyMon's August Adventure to WDW - 8/27 - 9/1

Day one – travel and MGM [27 August]

We left Ottawa at 7AM, flew to Toronto, cleared U. S. Customs and headed for MCO. We were delayed leaving Toronto and thus were a bit late arriving in Orlando, but still managed to get to Pop Century in reasonable time. I had pre-arranged a meet with Sillyspook13, we coordinated by text message and met in the PC lobby [she had no trouble finding my in my WDWMagic golf shirt :D]. On arrival at MGM we got FPs for RnRC and then rode stand-by. We made it to the merge area and the ride went 101, we ended up waiting an extra 15 minutes or so, but the ride was great. Then we wandered over to GMR and rode that. By the time we finished, it was time for her to leave, so we all headed toward the exits, DS12 took this picture as evidence that we actually did meet:

100_0817.JPG

DS and I said our goodbyes after we had made arrangements with her for “VIP treatment” at FOTLK for Wednesday [more on that later…].

DS and I then headed over to the Indiana Jones show, stopping for ice cream on the way [they had no spoons, so we went with waffle cones instead of cups]. We rode Star Tours and then headed back to RnRC for our FPs. After that we had dinner at Hollywood & Vine before heading to Fantasmic! We arrived 45 minutes before show time and they were already announcing that the show was Standing-Room ONLY! In fact, we got reasonably good seats in the furthest-left section.

Then we headed back to Pop Century to finally get into our room. We stopped at the food court to get our re-usable mugs and a brownie snack before crashing for the night. DME had our luggage in the room when we got there.

slacker

Awesome report!! I had to say that my brother wore the exact same canada mickey pin on his shirt our whole trip! We missed you by about 5 days, it would've been so neat to run into you!

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
On a more personal note, my DS (25 this month!) was born with no left hand and a much smaller right hand with very small webbed fingers. Due to this he has never been able to use the biometric scan, especially because it was two fingers at the time... they had a way of overriding it for him but I really never new what they did. I just bought him a pass again for this year, the first one he will have had in several years, so I'll be interested to see what they do for him this time now that they have changed to the single index finger scanners.

Monty my son was able to do the finger scan Thursday! This was the first time he has ever been able to use the scanner like everyone else, so he was very pleased :cool:

I just had to share :D

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Awesome report!! I had to say that my brother wore the exact same canada mickey pin on his shirt our whole trip! We missed you by about 5 days, it would've been so neat to run into you!
I was thinking the same... Maybe we'll have to try coordinating our trips next time! :D

DS and I are going again Feb 2-10... :lookaroun

:D

DisneyGigi

Great trip report and pictures Monty! We just missed each other, we are going again in February too but not sure of the dates yet.
Anyway, I enjoyed reading, looks like you guys had a great time too. :wave:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Great trip report and pictures Monty! We just missed each other, we are going again in February too but not sure of the dates yet.
Anyway, I enjoyed reading, looks like you guys had a great time too. :wave:
It was wonderful [hot, but wonderful]! We'll be there 2-10, if you overlap, let me know and we'll work out at least a "hello"!

DisneyGigi

It was wonderful [hot, but wonderful]! We'll be there 2-10, if you overlap, let me know and we'll work out at least a "hello"!

I know it was hot! My poor nose suffered, I looked like Rudolph! (Not as bad as I thought it would be though.) I am hammering out the details for our trip and would love to say hi if we are there at the same time, will let you know when I have the dates set. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom