Monstors Inc: LF - better suited in Innoventions or Future World Pavillion

KevinPage

Original Poster
Was able to see this over the weekend and while not as bad as people lead me to believe going in, I don't see this attraction having any type of longevity at all.

The attraction needs some pomp & circumstance. There's nothing to get excited about, they play it way too low key. I'm not going to even comment on the jokes or animation - how Disney can plunk millions of dollars into this and find it acceptable (as a major atraction), is beyond my comprehension.

BUT this attraction would be alot better suited as a low level attraction inside a pavillion over at Epcot as some "filler" complemented by other attractions inside that same pavillion. It would work well if your expectations were alot lower and on the scale and scope of a Turtle Talk. My feelings are: if you don't have people in vehicles moving through set pieces, no one is going to re-ride this thing. For a "sit down" show you need something "whiz bang" & "special" to get repeat viewers. Monsters Inc. has neither of these. Low grade animation, middle of the road jokes(I'm being kind) and nothing that screams "see me".

Stitch just improved a few notches :D :D :D

JikoMarie

I'm actually looking forward to MILF. (I know they call it MLF now but I like MILF better.) But I agree about its placement in Tomorrowland. I'm still wondering if they are trying to justify it in some way by tying it in with the Tomorrowland theme or are that not even bothering.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Tie in with Tomorrowland? Nope. Tie in with Fantasyland East? Yes. Tie in with Pixarland? Yes.

The Studios would have loved it. Big mistake. It`s just another nail in an almost perfect Tomorrowlands coffin.

If they really wanted to make a monsters inc attraction they should have done it 4 years ago, not after everyone has forgotten about the movie.

and what do monsters have anything to do with tomorrow land?

DigitalDisney

It would have been perfect in the old Superstar Television / Doug Live theater. That location is just begging for filler of some sort. By it, I mean the show's theme and location, and not the quality of the show. I'm pretty sure the show itself can never be perfect.

That being said, I really wish that location and Sounds Dangerous would be gutted and the Monsters Inc ride from DCA was put in that location instead.

tirian

MILF supposed to be a twist on the concept of parallel universes.

About a year and a half ago, I was really looking forward to this attraction. All the information I received during MILF's planning stages seemed promising.

MILF just opened, and it is already facing several problems:

1) The jokes aren't funny.

2) The animation is cheap.

3) The parallel universe concept didn't fit into TL as well as everyone thought it would. MILF should have been built in a different park.

Here's an idea: does anyone think that MILF could have worked in the new, family-friendly PI?

darthjohnny

I'm actually looking forward to MILF. (I know they call it MLF now but I like MILF better.) But I agree about its placement in Tomorrowland. I'm still wondering if they are trying to justify it in some way by tying it in with the Tomorrowland theme or are that not even bothering.

Technically, the attraction does not take place in Tomorrowland.

Though you enter Tomorrowland (possibly because the Monster's wanted to attract a lot of humans :)), the line does take you through one of the magic Monster doors into the world on Monstropolis.

I actually did enjoy The Laugh Floor, and am definately looking foward to seeing it again soon.

doop

I was able to see it the first week of April, and when into it with too high of expectations despite the reviews. I agree with KevinPage in that it lacks a really attractive component that is going to make people want to see it again. The show is alright, but that's it, just alright, I think a LOT of improvements are in order to make it a big attraction.

JikoMarie

Technically, the attraction does not take place in Tomorrowland.

Though you enter Tomorrowland (possibly because the Monster's wanted to attract a lot of humans :)), the line does take you through one of the magic Monster doors into the world on Monstropolis.

I actually did enjoy The Laugh Floor, and am definately looking foward to seeing it again soon.

Thanks for the explanation. This makes a little more sense to me now.

I also look forward to seeing it.

darthjohnny

OK, then I guess everyone will just have to change their objection from "Laugh Floor doesn't belong in Tomorrowland," to "A magic door leading to Monstropolis doesn't belong in Tomorrowland."

It's great that we now have to justify theming decisions based on technicalities, though.

Whatever. :lookaroun :rolleyes:

Whether you want be sarcastic or not, that is what theming is supposed to be. Take it for what it is.

DisneyChik17

Whatever. :lookaroun :rolleyes:

Whether you want be sarcastic or not, that is what theming is supposed to be. Take it for what it is.

And you are quite correct. Mike says it in the pre-show. It was his brilliant idea to bring humans into the monster world to save the trouble of going one by one into the human world.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Surely it all depends on what one thinks tommorow land represents, a vision of the future or 1950s kiche.

Either way I cant see how this is any better or worse than smelly noisy rail guided cars. :shrug:

ilovepluto23

My mom and I were actually talking about this two days ago. We decided since MGM has the Monsters Inc. character meet and greet, they should have gotten the MLF. MGM needs more rides desperately anyways.

Although, I do agree with you that Epcot's Futureworld would probably have been better than Tomorrowland at MK.

Oh well, what's done is done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom