Monsters Inc coaster greenlit and Spain coming to world showcase?!?

Studios Fan

Im pretty excited to hear about a monsters inc roller coaster, that sounds like fun! I wanna hear more about it.

I took the ‘Blue Sky’ Survey that Universal put out. There were tons of questions about lord of the rings. I was just think omg I hope they dont start in on that. I cant stand that movie/book. too boring for me. haha

How recently was this survey?

janoimagine

Actually no I'm not a kid, I thought I'd just let it be but since I have some downtime while fighting the war on terror here in a undisclosed location (it's 102 degrees @ 1am) Now that all I got to say about that!!! And your welcome for my service. :brick:

I appreciate all the work our Armed Forces have done for this country, both my father and grandfather served in the Air Force, I have done many editorial photoshoots with the Navy in San Diego, Norfolk and Lemoore and every soldier I have met is very humble and polite and never seek's the praise or recognition of others for keeping our country protected.

That being said thank you for your service.

However I still think you may have your signals crossed on Edward, I have looked over your posts and Edwards responses (where applicable) to yours, unless you have been posting under a different user, I fail to see your attack on Edward warranted. :shrug:

_Scar

Actually no I'm not a kid, I thought I'd just let it be but since I have some downtime while fighting the war on terror here in a undisclosed location (it's 102 degrees @ 1am) I guess maybe you guys should be the ones doing some research and see our history. Like I've said about the aformetioned poster in "my opinion" he has shot down many posters in the past. I totally get you think he's a good guy & I'm not saying he isn't. Just his last post set me off. How would he know if the book was old, has he read every book on Disney? It's ignorance like his and yours that bring me to "my opinions". Many people on here have good knowledge and just because their posts aren't in the thousands doesn't mean their Disney knowledge is inferior to yours or his. You two are like Statler & Waldorf, you sit back and bash peoples posts because you got nothing better to do. Now that all I got to say about that!!! And your welcome for my service. :brick:

Fighting in the war doesn't correspond with the argument :lol: so why mention it?

It's like you're using it as an excuse for your behavior? :shrug:

OK, first, please do not flame me, I am just going to tell you what a Cast Member told me.

I was at DHS and went walking near TSM there was a cast member out front telling guests that the ride is closed for refurb.

I went up to her and asked her what they are doing to it, she told me that there were just doing some maintenance and safety checks.

I then said, "So where is the Monsters Inc coaster going?"

She said, right next door, and that it is going to be a ride through the door warehouse (we all know this). She also said that the ride system is going to be more like Soarin than a roller coaster.

I then said are the going to expand Pixar Place, and she said yes, all the way down to the back lot tour.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
OK, first, please do not flame me, I am just going to tell you what a Cast Member told me.

I was at DHS and went walking near TSM there was a cast member out front telling guests that the ride is closed for refurb.

I went up to her and asked her what they are doing to it, she told me that there were just doing some maintenance and safety checks.

She said, right next door, and that it is going to be a ride through the door warehouse (we all know this). She also said that the ride system is going to be more like Soarin than a roller coaster.

I then said are the going to expand Pixar Place, and she said yes, all the way down to the back lot tour.

No flames; that actually correlates with what we have heard about the MI2 coaster project before.....:)

_Scar

Pretty much corresponds with what we already know.

Interesting about the Soarin' concept.... Could work! :lookaroun

Tom

Beta Return

The Soarin concept is new to me (for this ride) but could definitely work, for a number of reasons:

1) Kuka arm concept is out the door since they're in bed with Universal

2) The building that everyone swears the MI ride will go in - Soundstage 1 - isn't big enough to accommodate a coaster of any significance. Maybe a dark ride. And they can't expand it too much without encroaching on driveways and other critical buildings (i.e. wardrobe).

3) Hanging from individual "doors" would be a really cool, and appropriate, experience. Perhaps a Soarin concept in 3D, since it'll be animated. They'll be much smaller rooms, because the Soarin building is gigantic, but maybe a handful of "doors" in 3-4 rooms with a cycling pre-show room (ala stitch).

While a ride would be nice, something like this could also be very cool as well.

SeaCastle

2) The building that everyone swears the MI ride will go in - Soundstage 1 - isn't big enough to accommodate a coaster of any significance. Maybe a dark ride. And they can't expand it too much without encroaching on driveways and other critical buildings (i.e. wardrobe).

Those buildings would be re-located as part of the plans; a new showbuilding would be built behind Soundstage 1.

Now what would be cool is if they moved the Laugh Floor from Tomorrowland and somehow made it the pre-show to the Coaster. Now that would be cool.

IWant2GoNow

those buildings would be re-located as part of the plans; a new showbuilding would be built behind soundstage 1.

now what would be cool is if they moved the laugh floor from tomorrowland and somehow made it the pre-show to the coaster. Now that would be cool.

yes! This!

JustInTime

Those buildings would be re-located as part of the plans; a new showbuilding would be built behind Soundstage 1.

Now what would be cool is if they moved the Laugh Floor from Tomorrowland and somehow made it the pre-show to the Coaster. Now that would be cool.

YES! My thoughts too! The way it would work is, fill the theater and pull row by row to get on the coaster. As one row leaves, another groups simply fills the empty seats and wait their turn. Would be freaking awesome. :king:

janoimagine

The Soarin concept is new to me (for this ride) but could definitely work, for a number of reasons:

1) Kuka arm concept is out the door since they're in bed with Universal

3) Hanging from individual "doors" would be a really cool, and appropriate, experience. Perhaps a Soarin concept in 3D, since it'll be animated. They'll be much smaller rooms, because the Soarin building is gigantic, but maybe a handful of "doors" in 3-4 rooms with a cycling pre-show room (ala stitch).

While a ride would be nice, something like this could also be very cool as well.

Really well thought idea. It could make for a great ride.

Maybe she meant not a coaster like BTMRR, RnRC, or Space Mountain but a coaster using Soarin' like vehicles. :shrug:

That would be an inverted coaster which has already been rumored. Please & Thank you! :) I don't want another Soarin' at WDW.

Tom

Beta Return

So, if they really do need a larger Soundstage 1 for whatever new attraction goes in there, it's a long way off because they'd have to first build new facilities for the people in the Wardrobe/Office building, move them, then tear down those facilities before expanding Soundstage 1.

We're looking at no less than a year and a half from every day that passes before work could start on/in SS1.

SeaCastle

So, if they really do need a larger Soundstage 1 for whatever new attraction goes in there, it's a long way off because they'd have to first build new facilities for the people in the Wardrobe/Office building, move them, then tear down those facilities before expanding Soundstage 1.

We're looking at no less than a year and a half from every day that passes before work could start on/in SS1.

Exactly. Apparently the project isn't even greenlit yet, and even if it was greenlit, let's say, tomorrow, you still have to move all of the NextGen people out of SS1 (after they spent all of that money on building repairs), as well as all of the people in the offices they would demolish. The coaster seems to be a long ways away.

muteki

Here, have a "best idea of the day" sticker, you deserve it :)

jabay

New Country @ EPCOT?

If you look at the satellite photo of EPCOT there is hardly room for 7-8 new countries without some kind of buffer in between countries. However, there is certainly a large plot big enough for a new country between China and Germany behind where the current Australia mini-country is. EPCOT has always been my favorite park and I would love to see WDW finally expand on the World Showcase other than restaurants, all though I do like the new dining options too. As far as this article stating that an inside source claims that a new country will be added between France and Morocco, I would think that it is more likely that they would use the plot between Germany and China seeing as it twice the size of the plot next to France. I think that Greece would be a good option too and I hate the Russians, but they do have a rich history that could make a good Showcase as well. I could see a mini Red Square with The Kremlin and an interactive Lenin's Tomb, call it Commie Talk with Vladimir. Just kidding. Anyway I hope this come to fruition. If you look at the Google Satellite view of EPCOT this all makes a lot more sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom