Monsters Inc Coaster and Radiator Springs confirmation?!

CaptainMichael

TSM, in my opinion, is a D-Ticket. All I can hope for is that Monsters Inc is nothing like Barnstormer! Any well done addition to WDW at this point is welcome in my book.

It's a solid D in my opinion...a D+ if you will.

I wonder if Radiator Springs Racers in DHS would spell the end for TT...especially with GM not doing so well.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
It's a solid D in my opinion...a D+ if you will.

I wonder if Radiator Springs Racers in DHS would spell the end for TT...especially with GM not doing so well.
Though I may get uber-flamed for this, I've never been a big fan of TT. I live on top of a mountain in North Carolina and half the stuff they do, I can/do around my town! I don't need to wait in line to ride it. If I can reasonably fastpass it, I do - If not, no biggie! To me, TT is a D-Ticket as well. Though I think it's nice for Epcot (RIP WoM), I can see how DHS could use something of that calibur.

I find myself more and more hoping that DHS will get a fighting chance to start becoming people's favorite park. Don't quite know why, but I feel it's really underrated. :shrug:

CaptainMichael

Though I may get uber-flamed for this, I've never been a big fan of TT. I live on top of a mountain in North Carolina and half the stuff they do, I can/do around my town! I don't need to wait in line to ride it. If I can reasonably fastpass it, I do - If not, no biggie! To me, TT is a D-Ticket as well.

I don't care for it either:wave:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I don't care for it either:wave:
:D

I believe they've changed the preshow, but they used to have a Chevy Blazer doing all the test in the video. Well, my first car when I learned to drive these mountain roads was a Blazer of that same body style! Seriously, getting on the ride knowing what my car was capable of made TT (except for the actual BANKED curve) somewhat laughable to me. :eek:

CaptainMichael

I believe they've changed the preshow, but they used to have a Chevy Blazer doing all the test in the video. Well, my first car when I learned to drive these mountain roads was a Blazer of that same body style! Seriously, getting on the ride knowing what my car was capable of made TT (except for the actual BANKED curve) somewhat laughable to me. :eek:

I actually think it's still the Blazer unless they've changed it since May. Gotta love the ancient Blazer (which is no longer in production) on equally ancient television screens in "Future" World.

JCtheparrothead

Original Poster
The individual said that the Radiator springs ride was located near LMA and the CARS LMA may empty into it as a special entrance.:shrug:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I actually think it's still the Blazer unless they've changed it since May. Gotta love the ancient Blazer (which is no longer in production) on equally ancient television screens in "Future" World.
I *thought* when I rode in January that it had changed to a Malibu/Cavalier type sedan in the preshow video. If it's still the Blazer like mine (which I lovingly named Joe Dirt), those cars are total beasts! It's too bad the ride vehicles couldn't be Blazer-esque.

Long live Future World technology... :eek:

hpyhnt 1000

I believe they've changed the preshow, but they used to have a Chevy Blazer doing all the test in the video.

Sorry, its still the same pre-show as of December 6th. On the plus side, new flat panel TVs have made their way into the queue area, and with some of those new TVs have come new footage. I know I definitely saw a Saturn Aura in one of those vids. Not all the videos have been updated, but a couple have. :)

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Sorry, its still the same pre-show as of December 6th. On the plus side, new flat panel TVs have made their way into the queue area, and with some of those new TVs have come new footage. I know I definitely saw a Saturn Aura in one of those vids. Not all the videos have been updated, but a couple have. :)
Hey, the same preshow from the time I got my license in 1999 just shows something bad on WDW's part... ;) :p

Thanks for the official update from a few days ago, though! Hopefully you enjoyed your trip. :D

hpyhnt 1000

Hey, the same preshow from the time I got my license in 1999 just shows something bad on WDW's part... ;) :p

Thanks for the official update from a few days ago, though! Hopefully you enjoyed your trip. :D

No prob. :wave: And it was great trip. Always great to get back up to The World. :D

hpyhnt 1000

Mostly Epcot with a bit of DHS. :) Next trip we'll be trying for DHS in the morning (to ride TSMM) and then to the MK, possibly heading to Epcot in the evening for dinner, though all that is subject to change from now til when we arrive in about 7-9 weeks. ;)

RSoxNo1

I concluded on my recent trip (ended yesterday), that Epcot is my least favorite park. It has two of my favorite things (Soarin' and Holiday Illuminations), but I'm not a big fan of World Showcase, and most of the other attractions in the park are a once per trip type thing for me.

Toy Story Mania was a fantastic addition to DHS. Even though I'm horrible at it, it helps make that park a full day park for me (or at least a 9-5 park if there's nothing there at night).

I don't think a flat out overlay of LMA would work, but we'll see if it comes to fruition. I read the Jim Hill article on the Monster's Inc coaster, and was captivated. I'd love to see DHS have more defined areas: Pixar Place, LucasFilm, Sunset, etc.

wvdisneyfamily

I would love to see a Monsters coaster. I hope Buddy Boil is in it (although I doubt he will be since he's not really important to the movie). I love Buddy Boil! :D

the-reason14

Does "family" mean like BTMR with a different theme? That would work for me.

If it means like barnstormer, then we may have an issue...

Shoot, I hope when they say "family" they mean something like Rockin coaster(without the noise) and or E:E, hopefully more thrilling than that. But I HIGHLY doubt it would be anything like that.

epcotWSC

I concluded on my recent trip (ended yesterday), that Epcot is my least favorite park. It has two of my favorite things (Soarin' and Holiday Illuminations), but I'm not a big fan of World Showcase, and most of the other attractions in the park are a once per trip type thing for me.

See, I love Epcot, but FutureWorld doesn't do much for me. I love World Showcase. It's my favorite part of WDW. It's such a fun experience, alcohol or not (of course the alcohol makes it more fun). Just to experience so many different types of people and cultures in one area like that is such a great thing that you can't find anywhere else. Sure I could go to NYC and find every culture in the world, but the way it's done in the showcase is like no other.

I do think that DHS is underrated. The problem is that there isn't a whole lot to do there. The majority of the time spent at the park is planning around which shows to hit and at which time.

The Great Movie Ride
Star Tours
Toy Story Mania
RnR
ToT

I think those are the only 'rides' in the whole park. At least that I can think of. That's part of the reason why people aren't as crazy about it. The rest of the attractions are shows of some sort. Hollywood Blvd. & Sunset Blvd. are still some of my favorite spots in all of WDW because of that 1950s America type of theme. However, there are too many shops and not enough attractions. I'd love to see some more old hollywood-type attractions along that strip. TGMR is the only one that is themed like that, but when everything else along that strip has that theme, you'd expect to see more of that.

Jorodi25

I like everything mentioned except the Cars redo of Lights Motors Action. I know I'm probably in the minority, by I like the show the way it is.

I like Lights, Motors, Action the way it is, too. It's one of my favorite things that's opened in the recent past along with Expedition Everest. I hope it won't be redone with a Cars overlay.

I don't like the current trend of attractions that are based on or include animated characters, especially when they don't fit within existing themes. Hopefully, all future Pixar attractions will be placed in the Pixar area at DHS.

MousDad

Our last trip, every member of my family enjoyed Epcot much more than all the other parks combined.

jhastings74

"haha...Barnstormer is a sad tribute to my favorite of the Fab 5. The Flying Unicorn knocks Barnstormer out of the water...sadly..."

Ouch! that's harsh! LOL...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom