Monster Inc

NowInc

Original Poster
Well...I saw it....o yeah....I'm special!!

It totally rocked!! And not just because im an animator...the story was great!!! I HIGHLY recommend everyone scrounge up some cash and see this masterpeice of cartoon film.

(P.S. Before the movie there is a short film called "For the Birds"...I am one of MANY people who interned at pixar when that was made...i worked on the object collision code (the stuff that makes the birds bulge when they push against each other)...

A Sutle effect....that took 4 months of my life to HELP create :)

:hammer:

Enjoy!!!

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by NowInc
Well...I saw it....o yeah....I'm special!!

It totally rocked!! And not just because im an animator...the story was great!!! I HIGHLY recommend everyone scrounge up some cash and see this masterpeice of cartoon film.

(P.S. Before the movie there is a short film called "For the Birds"...I am one of MANY people who interned at pixar when that was made...i worked on the object collision code (the stuff that makes the birds bulge when they push against each other)...

A Sutle effect....that took 4 months of my life to HELP create :)

:hammer:

Enjoy!!!

Anybody know how much the movie made last night??

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Monsters INC was a wonderful movie!! It gives me faith that Disney magic still exists. Don't miss it. The short For the Birds is worth the price of admission alone!! It's the funniest thing I've seen in a long long time.:D

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Eeyore
Monsters INC was a wonderful movie!! It gives me faith that Disney magic still exists. Don't miss it. The short For the Birds is worth the price of admission alone!! It's the funniest thing I've seen in a long long time.:D

As soon as I get done with haaving the flu! I'll be there watching it as well! Glad you loved it! So who did you go with last night?:D ;)

markymark

Originally posted by wdwmagic

With me silly! Who else! ;) :D

I didn't even need to ask :animwink:

When does it open over here?

Also, was there a trailer for Star Wars, Episode 2 when you guys watched monsters? If so, how'd it look?

Eeyore

Premium Member
Originally posted by markymark

Also, was there a trailer for Star Wars, Episode 2 when you guys watched monsters? If so, how'd it look?

yeah there was, and to be honest I was a bit underwhelmed by the trailer. But the movie itself looks like a good progression from Phantom menace to the classic films. I'd go see it.

Camelot

Monsters, Inc.

I got to see an advance screening of this movie on Tuesday night....I thought it was wonderful. Shucks...we didn't get the SW trailer at the screening. Oh well I got to see a great movie for free... :) :)

Herbie53

Premium Member
It was a great movie! The short was hysterical too, and the animation was amazing all around.

BTW, I was the one at the movies with Eeyore. No lovin' for Steve this time. It was strictly a family affair. :p

NowInc

Original Poster
The Episode 2 Teaser was the biggest pile of pig poop I have had the misfortune of seeing. I am a HUGE Star Wars fan and felt completly cheated by the little (and trust me..it was VERY little...55 seconds) that I saw.

The ET trailer tho makes up for it...so don't be too bumbed :)

markymark

Originally posted by NowInc
The Episode 2 Teaser was the biggest pile of pig poop I have had the misfortune of seeing. I am a HUGE Star Wars fan and felt completly cheated by the little (and trust me..it was VERY little...55 seconds) that I saw.

The ET trailer tho makes up for it...so don't be too bumbed :)

Thats a shame about the trailer :(

BTW - - ET Trailer ?

Tink

ET is being rereleased for its 20th anniversary in February 2002 (I think). I was on the brink of tears after the trailer, as a first generation ET kid. I can't wait to see it again on the big screen.

The Episode II trailer was rather lame - no sound but the Darth Vader breathing sound in the background (which is cool and all but...). I still am looking forward to seeing it though (May 2002?).

I saw it yesterday too, NowInc. It is such a good movie! The theater was packed and the audience really seemed to have a good time during the movie - lots of laughs and lots of details to pick out. Like a good consumer, I had to run out to the Disney Store today and buy some merchandise! I bought a "Little Mikey". All of the stuffed animal type toys have little ID cards like they use in the movie. Too cute! BTW, the Disney Store is giving away a child's Monsters, Inc. t-shirt when you spend $25. Anyway, I am taking my neice to see it today. It really is a lot of fun to watch. :p

Eeyore

Premium Member
Originally posted by Tink
Like a good consumer, I had to run out to the Disney Store today and buy some merchandise! I bought a "Little Mikey". All of the stuffed animal type toys have little ID cards like they use in the movie. Too cute!

I went and bought myself a talking Mike Wazowski today. He's going to live in my car since he bears such a strong resemblance to it.:)
I can't even express how much I liked this movie!!!!

Tink

Originally posted by Eeyore

I went and bought myself a talking Mike Wazowski today. He's going to live in my car since he bears such a strong resemblance to it.:)
I can't even express how much I liked this movie!!!!

I wanted one of those too, Eeyore. I didn't want to go crazy buying stuff, being an adult and all, but I know I'll be going back for a Mike and a Sully (he's so soft and cuddly!). The Boo doll is really cute too - too bad my neice is a tom boy or I'd buy her one! Well, I've got a cool t-shirt for her anyway. One more time - everyone should go and see this movie. You won't regret it. :)

NowInc

Original Poster
My desk at work is a shrine to pixar (basically)...at the moment I have Sully and Mike on the left...Woody and Buzz on the right...Hymlick and Flick in the center.....and of course...the grand daddy of them all.....Zurg on top :) I am definataly going out to buy a Boo this weekend (she totally kicked butt)...and if i can afford it...a Monsters Inc Movie Poster (7 feet tall).

mickeyfan

Originally posted by JAY-ROD

As soon as I get done with haaving the flu! I'll be there watching it as well! Glad you loved it! So who did you go with last night?:D ;)

Jay Sweetie, I'm sorry to hear you have the flu!! Hope you are feeling better soon.:)

I went to see Monster, Inc. last night and loved it!! I will see it again before it leaves the theaters. I am a Disney addict. I saw The Lion King six times at the theaters!! One of my all time favorites from Disney.

For those who have not seen it yet, I LOVE the ending!!

NowInc. -- I loved the "Birds" at the beginning, you did a great job!!

Way to go Disney and Pixar!!:king: :sohappy:

mickeyfan

Originally posted by wdwmagic

Feb 2002 for the UK release :(

Marky, sorry you have to wait so long before you see such a great movie in the UK!! If you want to see it sooner, fly to my house and I will take you!!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom