News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

James Alucobond

The biggest issue I have with it is quite simply that The Simpsons isn't a visually compelling property in the slightest. I wouldn't mind quite so much if they put something related to it inside and sequestered away, but following their current trajectory of constructing themed lands, it's just not a property I find conducive to a themed environment. IMO, the land at Universal looks awful despite more or less representing the extent of what could be done.

Schmidt

No more irrelevant than Aerosmith or Twilight Zone. I have no issue with the Simpsons in MK. The parks don't have a theme anymore. Put the top characters in the top park. Add in a Duff brewery and it's perfect.
I guess it depends on your preference. I hope they don’t. It seems like a dead IP and it’s never been my thing.

Aerosmith and TZ are already there and have been for decades . I think each park still has its very own feeling and identity to it. I don’t subscribe to the thought that each park has lost its theme but to each there own.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

The biggest issue I have with it is quite simply that The Simpsons isn't a visually compelling property in the slightest. I wouldn't mind quite so much if they put something related to it inside and sequestered away, but following their current trajectory of constructing themed lands, it's just not a property I find conducive to a themed environment. IMO, the land at Universal looks awful despite more or less representing the extent of what could be done.

Exactly.

I have other issues with the Simpsons (mainly that I don't think they will be popular enough to be a theme park draw 10 years from now -- I don't think they even function as a draw for Universal right now), but the biggest is that I don't see how they can make an interesting land out of it.

It's a major problem with the IP mandate in general, especially as they've pivoted to lands themed around a single IP -- there just aren't that many IPs that are both popular enough to merit their own land, and visually interesting enough to work. It's the reason Avengers Campus is such a dud (there are certainly visually interesting locations in the MCU, but they tend to be tied more closely to one or a small handful of specific characters instead of being fair game for anyone to appear).

Last edited:

DisneyHead123

I really enjoy The Simpsons, but I can’t say Springfield is a place I ever dreamed of being transported to. I think the whole point is that The Simpsons is a sardonic, caricatured look at life - not an idealized escape from the daily grind. That works great as a tv show, not as a travel destination.

Figments Friend

Animation Courtyard will be a good fit for the ‘Monsters Inc.’ area.
Opens up some opportunities, for now and the future.

Still a little tinge of sadness will be about me when they bulldoze those buildings.
Some real animation history happened there a few decades ago…

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom