Monorails

jorgetheviking

Original Poster
I'm going to ask to ride in the front of the monorail on Wednesday, but I haven't been up there since I was really little. So my question is, Do they still give out the co-pilot license? I'd love to have one. I'm also a monorail fanatic so you can imagine the kind of conversation I'm going to try and start. Are there any Monorail pilots on this site? If so what color do you tend to drive? I'll try and get on one of those.. :animwink: Am I bit too excited? :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: I can't wait to go.

happymom52003

Yes, they gave my son a co-pilots license this past January.

Also, you probably already know this....but just in case, I'll mention it. It is much easier to ride up front on the Epcot line. There is usually a shorter wait than trying to ride up front on the resort monorail. Make sure to do it during a non-peak time (in other words, don't try to do it right after park closing time when the masses are trying to get on the monorail).

Have fun! We make sure to do that on every trip.

lilo091701

I'm going to ask to ride in the front of the monorail on Wednesday, but I haven't been up there since I was really little. So my question is, Do they still give out the co-pilot license? I'd love to have one. I'm also a monorail fanatic so you can imagine the kind of conversation I'm going to try and start. Are there any Monorail pilots on this site? If so what color do you tend to drive? I'll try and get on one of those.. :animwink: Am I bit too excited? :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: I can't wait to go.

If you get a really cool pilot they will even let you drive it:p My brother-in-law did this a few years ago when we took him to Disney!! The pilot explained how it works and all the ins and outs of the Monorails!!

Good luck and have fun!!!!

elizs77

My son got a copilot license in May on the Resort Line. He rode a few more times up front on the trip, and he got a trading card of the monorail three times, but not an another license.

DisneyGigi

We got to ride in the nose twice last trip (Septmber 07) and they gave the whole family co-pilot license both times. We loved it great view.
Have fun! :wave:
(We rode from MK to Epcot the first time and from Epcot to MK the next day.)

Mr.EPCOT

Not only do they have co-pilot licenses but they have stickers of the Monorail Pilot wings, plus a set of Walt Disney World Transportation collector's cards, eighteen of them, one each for the twelve Monorails trains, each of the three different types of Watercraft in the Magic Kingdom area, and (I have no idea why anyone would want to collect these) the three types of buses. They don't hand them all out at once, just one at a time. Ask around for them, but keep in mind that they don't always have everything, we'd even run out of the co-pilot licenses every once in a while. And of course you'd have to ride the boats and buses for their cards. Also, Pilots don't typically drive the same Monorail on a regular basis, it's just whatever train happens to be assigned to the station they're working at.

It is much easier to ride up front on the Epcot line. There is usually a shorter wait than trying to ride up front on the resort monorail. Make sure to do it during a non-peak time (in other words, don't try to do it right after park closing time when the masses are trying to get on the monorail).

This is good advice. Board at Transportation and Ticket Center, and you get the longest stretch between stations and the ride through Future World.

If you get a really cool pilot they will even let you drive it:p My brother-in-law did this a few years ago when we took him to Disney!! The pilot explained how it works and all the ins and outs of the Monorails!!

Good luck and have fun!!!!

I'm glad they had fun, but this person was extremely lucky. The Pilot did that at the risk of termination. Under no circumstances are any Pilots allowed to let a Guest drive, so don't expect that this is going to happen. Every so often, if a manager is riding in the Front Cab, they will let a Guest drive as a Magical Moment, but that is rare. And somewhat ironic, too, as some of them are rather incompetent and do not know how to actually drive.

jorgetheviking

Original Poster
^ Thanks for the great advice! :) I never knew about these trading cars, or pilot wings stickers. They must be new since my last visit. (2003) It was great to learn how the pilots get assigned to a monorail for the day.

jorgetheviking

Original Poster
I got my license and had a very enjoyable ride in the front of Monorail Blue from TTC to Epcot. A good window wash wouldn't hurt though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom