Monorail's

tj229er

Original Poster
When waiting in line to get on the monorail's ask any of the cm's if you can sit in the cockpit and the'll let you. It is one of the coolest things you can do.

firefighterjosi

I did this once!!! It is unbelieveable! I would reccomend sitting in the cockpit on the EPCOT loop. Not only is the view great, but just ask the monorail driver anything about EPCOT, and I bet he'll know the answer.:D

Invero

Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
Monorail Pilots are odd...:lookaroun

Most are nice... but yes, there have been a few that I've known who are a bit on the um... odd... side.

s25843

Originally posted by Invero
Most are nice... but yes, there have been a few that I've known who are a bit on the um... odd... side.

LOL I had one on my last trip who whenever he saw a Bus or Boat he would toot at em, and then proceeded to get mad if they didnt honk back, It was quite funny

Originally posted by s25843
LOL I had one on my last trip who whenever he saw a Bus or Boat he would toot at em, and then proceeded to get mad if they didnt honk back, It was quite funny

My Problem is none of the monorail pilots honk back...

Invero

I used to honk... but nowadays, they can get in trouble for it. Especially if they blow that 120db airhorn right above the bus breaker tent.

Woody13

Originally posted by tj229er
When waiting in line to get on the monorail's ask any of the cm's if you can sit in the cockpit and the'll let you. It is one of the coolest things you can do.

Just watch your head. The cockpit seats are not made for average humans.

josh_e_washie

I sat in the front of the monorail from the TTC to Epcot at night right after epcot closed. The park was empty and all the lights were on. It was literally one of the MOST BEAUTIFUL things I have ever experienced. Just the fact that the park was empty allowed me to really enjoy the architecture, lighting and tranquility. It is a very tranquil park. It was an experience I will never forget!:D

CPStaceyQ

That's b/c *technically* they aren't supposed to except in emergency, and *some* people do their job and don't play around...

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by CPStaceyQ
That's b/c *technically* they aren't supposed to except in emergency, and *some* people do their job and don't play around...

eh... I like playing around...

like when we held backstage pargo rallies in AK... those were fun...

really fun...

or when we'd do walking character sets in MGM, not taking pics or doing autographs... those were REAAAAAAALLY fun

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by Dean[AU]
Yeh rob i saw one of them

yup...

or playing checkers with a character... always fun, guests all love it..

but management hates it cause it lowers your counts. Y'know what greeters? Fudge em then... Disney may be getting better... but it's still the pennycounting organization it was 2 years ago

Originally posted by CPStaceyQ

Geeze...live a little...go your entire life by the book and see how enjoyable it is...the managers in both departments know...

Invero

Geeze...live a little...go your entire life by the book and see how enjoyable it is...the managers in both departments know...

When I was in 'rails, and someone would honk thier horn, a manager would get on the radio immedietly and make it clear they weren't supposed to be doing that. They may not have said it verbatim... but the point got across.

for example..

Monorail Blue: *beep beep*
Monorail Duty Mgr: Monorail Blue, Duty
Monorail Blue: Blue bye
Monorail Duty Mgr: Are you having problems with your horn?
Monorail Blue: Negative... sorry...
Monorail Duty Mgr: 10-4, thank you.

mkt

Premium Member

yup yup... I broke every rule in the book and didn't get as much as a discussion...

but the day I do everything according to proper SOG and follow correct protocol... "Rob, we're terminating you."

Gotta love how Disney's rules can change to suit its momentary needs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom