Monorails Pink & Purple Removed from TTC

degunter

Original Poster
Confusion

I was at Disney two weeks ago and saw Monorail Coral and could have sworn it was pink... it was at the TTC and in the shade... my friends all thought it was pink too... but once it pulled out into the sun, it was obvious. But my friends were convinced it was pink. So I came home and made this comparison photo for them...

picture.php

board57796

Even Monorail CMs can get confused as they see Pink/Coral from a distance. Obviously, the dead give away is the white "deltas" in the middle of the cars, but from the front it can be tough to tell sometimes in certain lights.

Slipknot

Even Monorail CMs can get confused as they see Pink/Coral from a distance. Obviously, the dead give away is the white "deltas" in the middle of the cars, but from the front it can be tough to tell sometimes in certain lights.

Heck, Orange and Coral look alike sometimes, at least to me... Hopefully I'm not the only one.

Cruiser237

Sorry I was wrong .. It was coral after all. I figured this out after I read about the delta's in the paint. I thought it was a little fast for pink to be back out already. Sorry for the confusion

hardcard

pink and purple are definately not back in service.. they remain in the shop.. i believe on beams 7 and 8 in the shop, respectfully..

i don't know what their repair status is, or if repair has even begun.. the barn doors remain closed during the day , for obvious reasons..

What Does that mean? Who knows...The only thing I had hEARd was that the fiberglasS composite 'shell' on the Cabs had been remOved on both trains... thats all I know . and I don't know for sure if that is true..anyone know anything else, or have comMents?

--------------
know the code

s8film40

Why does Coral have the white "breaks" in the stripe?
So you can tell the difference between it and pink, Lime has them for the same reason however it is much harder to see the difference from a distance than it used to be when they were purple.

EPCOT Explorer

pink and purple are definately not back in service.. they remain in the shop.. i believe on beams 7 and 8 in the shop, respectfully..

i don't know what their repair status is, or if repair has even begun.. the barn doors remain closed during the day , for obvious reasons..

What Does that mean? Who knows...The only thing I had hEARd was that the fiberglasS composite 'shell' on the Cabs had been remOved on both trains... thats all I know . and I don't know for sure if that is true..anyone know anything else, or have comMents?

--------------
know the code
WDW EARS COM?:lookaroun

Cruiser237

So is there a final word on definitely whether or not they were driven back to the monorail barn or picked up by crane? If they were picked up by crane then they would have had to have been either driven out or pushed out from under the TTC

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
So is there a final word on definitely whether or not they were driven back to the monorail barn or picked up by crane? If they were picked up by crane then they would have had to have been either driven out or pushed out from under the TTC
They were towed back by the towing thing in the early morning hours. They locked all the transportation CMs who were done with work in the basement and wouldn't let them leave till the monorails were out of sight....or so I've heard

Cruiser237

Any idea how long the other monorail pilots had to wait on the beams before they were picked up that night? How did they get them down?

board57796

Any idea how long the other monorail pilots had to wait on the beams before they were picked up that night? How did they get them down?

Coral was behind Purple on the Epcot beam, and was the only train that was unable to go back to shop as normal. I don't know exactly how long the pilot was up there, but he was just over the Epcot parking lot heading back to TTC when power to the entire Epcot beam was killed. They got the pilot out with a cherry-picker and left Coral there overnight.

Monorail_Orange

I guess, it was more conveinent/shorter/SAFER for them to get him with a cherry picker as opposed to the pilot climbing out onto the roof, walking the length of the train, shimmy-ing down the Cab 6 windshield with the rope and walking the beam back to EPCOT. For some reason, I was assuming he would have walked back as above...glad you've gotten me thinking right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom