Monorail Yellow Evacuation - Bus entrance to MK closed...detouring now (somewhere)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
it doesn't make sense why the windows were removed. They should just open the doors to exit guests. Also it wouldn't make sense to remove the windows on the side that faces the resort beam.

I'm wondering if the monorail was waiting to be towed and guests opened the emergency escape windows. Then couldn't be towed because of the missing windows and turned into an evacuation.
I doubt that missing windows would prevent the monorail from being moved.

unkadug

I'm not saying it would physically prevent it from moving. I'm saying that Disney's procedure most likely does not allow for them to move a train with a window or door open or missing.
Ah...possibly, but that would most likely pertain to an operating train.

Breakdown procedures are different.

How else can you justify people opening the escape hatch and climbing down onto the rail as was the procedure in the past. I'm sure the lawyers put an end to that and probably are what has prevented Disney from building an evacuation walkway next to the track like other systems.

peter11435

Based on pictures I'm seeing it appears to be almost all of the center windows. So I'm really not sure. Seems really odd to remove the windows on the side between the two beams

peter11435

Ah...possibly, but that would most likely pertain to an operating train.

Breakdown procedures are different.

How else can you justify people opening the escape hatch and climbing down onto the rail as was the procedure in the past. I'm sure the lawyers put an end to that and probably are what has prevented Disney from building an evacuation walkway next to the track like other systems.

operating or being towed its still a train in motion. If they feel it's unsafe to move a train with an open window it wouldn't matter how it was being moved. The procedure of opening an escape hatch and climbing down would not be done on a moving train.

photomatt

I can confirm traffic from the Poly all the way around the back of the MK is gridlock. People with ADR's are not happy. I had to cancel a request because I could not guarantee that I could take someone from the GF to the Contemporary in time to make their reservation. It's a mess.

unkadug

operating or being towed its still a train in motion. If they feel it's unsafe to move a train with an open window it wouldn't matter how it was being moved. The procedure of opening an escape hatch and climbing down would not be done on a moving train.
We are both speculating here and until we get written confirmation of procedures for train in motion under its own power and train in motion by external means, it's anyone's guess as to why it's being handled this way.

I do agree with you that it seems the easiest and safest method to evacuate the train would seem to be to open the doors and let them walk onto the scissor lift, instead of having to crawl through a window and possibly fall onto the scissor lift bed.

peter11435

We are both speculating here and until we get written confirmation of procedures for train in motion under its own power and train in motion by external means, it's anyone's guess as to why it's being handled this way.

I do agree with you that it seems the easiest and safest method to evacuate the train would seem to be to open the doors and let them walk onto the scissor lift, instead of having to crawl through a window and possibly fall onto the scissor lift bed.
Obviously this is all speculation. But I highly doubt they would deferentiate between methods of motion for a procedure like that. If it's unsafe it's unsafe no matter how the train is moving.

unkadug

Exactly. Which is why it doesn't make sense that the windows were removed on the inside of the track. Which is why I hypothesized that guests on the train did it themselves.
GOTCHA!

There was one picture, because of the angle it was taken, that threw me off as I could not tell which track the train was on.

peter11435

Rescue methods are not SOP written in stone.

At disney rescue procedures are most definitely planned and written. Obviously they may need to be altered in some events but there are rules, policies, and procedures for rescues.

Towing a train is not a rescue mission. Towing a train is a standard, planned for, and rehearsed procedure with very specific rules and guidelines. Even the evacuation of a train like is happening is something that is planned and rehearsed by all parties involved.

unkadug

At disney rescue procedures are most definitely planned and written. Obviously they may need to be altered in some events but there are rules, policies, and procedures for rescues.

Towing a train is not a rescue mission. Towing a train is a standard, planned for, and rehearsed procedure with very specific rules and guidelines. Even the evacuation of a train like is happening is something that is planned and rehearsed by all parties involved.
You are right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom