Monorail Yellow Evacuation - Bus entrance to MK closed...detouring now (somewhere)

matt9112

Absolutely, that's why I mentioned the DL monorail comparison for their schedule of overhauls. Granted, I understand DL's monorail is "attraction" grade and WDW's are "commuter" grade, but I think for purposes of maintenance and rebuilds, the comparison is apt, along with looking at railroads and yes, even airlines. I also think WDW should consider adding an additional train or two to allow for frame-up rebuilds of the existing 12 (yes, even teal and peach) and once rebuilt, to allow proper maintenance of the entire fleet without sacrificing capacity. But, I won't hold my breath.

This, asking for the world is unrealistic but asking for some improvements in maintaining is another thing. And I agree another train or two won't hurt.

Rasvar

Have we heard anything substantial on the root cause? I understand that it may have been a brake lock situation. I am curious if any of the new automation systems played a role. I know there has been a lot of talk of maintenance when I wonder if some software for the systems may have been the problem. I'm not sure how far any of that is along or if any of the coding is currently in the systems. Since this monorail may have just come out of being worked on, it may have received some software upgrades for its systems. From an IT standpoint, I always think software for problems that occur post upgrades.

Prog

Have we heard anything substantial on the root cause? I understand that it may have been a brake lock situation. I am curious if any of the new automation systems played a role. I know there has been a lot of talk of maintenance when I wonder if some software for the systems may have been the problem. I'm not sure how far any of that is along or if any of the coding is currently in the systems. Since this monorail may have just come out of being worked on, it may have received some software upgrades for its systems. From an IT standpoint, I always think software for problems that occur post upgrades.
Wouldn't there be a means for initializing software though? Like rebooting to get rid of the soft lock on the brakes?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm sure some manager somewhere is saying something like "so how do we keep this from happening again" and then the answer involves $ not budgeted and then the next day it's like nothing ever happened and all is well...oh except for the park guests who get stuck on the next one

Figment2005

Yellow does not have the automation system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom