Monorail Yellow Evacuation - Bus entrance to MK closed...detouring now (somewhere)

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Original Poster
on a bus to the MK and we are detouring..not sure where yet we just passed the grand Floridian entrance now and going behind on a road I've never been on. Road going towards contemporary and under water bridge is blocked off with security. Any ideas what is going on?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Looks like we might be going all the way around the MK on the left side and back around to the bus entrance the back way?? Not sure. This is odd lol

photomatt

World Drive is blocked at Seven Seas Drive. All traffic is being routed to Seven Seas Drive. MK monorails are down. Epcot monorail is working. I tried to take a guest from the GF to the Contemporary and couldn't. I had to go back to the TTC so they could take bus or ferry.

Also, there is a fire truck and ambulance at the TTC. I don't know if this is related.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Circled all the way around. Here now but still not sure why road is blocked. Just thought I'd pass that along. Anyone heading to the MK with dining of FP plans leave earlier than expected if taking the bus

NowInc

Heard it may have been an accident? No confirmation on this..just one source who has little details.

*EDIT* to clarify..I have ZERO information supporting this...and judging by the pics I am seeing, I doubt its as severe as an accident.

asianway

Heard it may have been an accident? No confirmation on this..just one source who has little details.

*EDIT* to clarify..I have ZERO information supporting this...and judging by the pics I am seeing, I doubt its as severe as an accident.
Must be more serious than a normal breakdown - the tow unit is there. Towing to TTC would seem preferred to the scissor lift evac happening

peter11435

it doesn't make sense why the windows were removed. They should just open the doors to exit guests. Also it wouldn't make sense to remove the windows on the side that faces the resort beam.

I'm wondering if the monorail was waiting to be towed and guests opened the emergency escape windows. Then couldn't be towed because of the missing windows and turned into an evacuation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom