Monorail Trouble?

PhotoDave219

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Our teeny tiny little Hamlet too refers to things as incidents also, welcome to Northern IL. Often a concept that can't be grasped by those who have only lived in large urban areas. While Chicago isn't all that far everything that happens there has to be labeled and categorized. A different lifestyle.

bfox1183

Our teeny tiny little Hamlet too refers to things as incidents also, welcome to Northern IL. Often a concept that can't be grasped by those who have only lived in large urban areas. While Chicago isn't all that far everything that happens there has to be labeled and categorized. A different lifestyle.
Not as much as you would think, considering all the departments in IL have the Public Information Officer(PIO) trained similarly
Trust me, I know your world well. I know PIO speak intimately. Have our paths crossed?

Plus the private emails Ive gotten of photos followed by "DO NOT DISTRIBUTE OR PUBLISH"....
I doubt it as I am not the one they want pushing out the press releases... But I do get those emails constantly...

Victor Kelly

Forget getting people to walk down a beamway. Forget getting them to walk up it as in going to the Contemporary. While I am generally fearless, that is a big hell no. With today's technology there is no reason to not have a fire suppression system onboard the monorails. Rope, CM, calm evacuation off of a vehicle 40 to 75 feet in the air, and slide down the nose to the beamway and walk without losing one's balance and fall to a death? Yeah, let me kno how that works out for real.

The Ferry is a different question. Start throwing people off in the event of a fire. I am sure they have enough PFD's which I can forego, and help others that need the help.

schwartziel

Funny it was the yellow train - my friend and I saw it broken down between the TTC and the Contemporary on July 29th. All the traffic was directed to the ferry and resort line. We didn't see any rescue crews but with the way they were redirecting things it wouldn't surprise me if they eventually showed up.

Mad Stitch

Do you think the crowd now a days can scoot down the windshield and walk along the beam????? No way. Not sure I would want to walk along that beam 30 feet in the air, I would rather use a rope to climb down to the ground.

Forget getting people to walk down a beamway. Forget getting them to walk up it as in going to the Contemporary. While I am generally fearless, that is a big hell no. Rope, CM, calm evacuation off of a vehicle 40 to 75 feet in the air, and slide down the nose to the beamway and walk without losing one's balance and fall to a death? Yeah, let me kno how that works out for real.

That's what I have always thought. And all that is after they pull themselves up through the escape hatch in the ceiling of the cabin. How are the elderly, disabled, children, physically unfit, going to make it up there?

Victor Kelly

That's what I have always thought. And all that is after they pull themselves up through the escape hatch in the ceiling of the cabin. How are the elderly, disabled, children, physically unfit, going to make it up there?

Those people won't make it out, it will become a Darwinian process where only the strongest will survive. Children can be lifted up, but can they be counted on, not to freeze up or fall?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom