Monorail Teal in Testing (Photos&Video)

Kadruk

Original Poster
While not painted yet (the white portions of the train were FUNKY, prolly no washing since the crash) the 'stripe' on the train was covered with some sort of 'masking' material... perhaps so that the white portion of the train could be painted, and the masking removed to paint the striping....

Anyway, it was out, and in motion on the Central Shops line spur this afternoon.. Motion looked good.. Got a crappy video posted to youtube, but the angle is wrong.. I'll try to get it rotated, meanwhile, I have these pics as well:

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dh8gN2vvl0

4017107437_b6657d3f04_b.jpg

4017106993_8d5336c9f5_b.jpg

Not sure what the green mark is on the door.. maybe spare parts for green were used as well or something?

Anyway.... Enjoy!

EPCOTPluto

Monorail Clear??? :lookaroun:lol:

It's interesting how rapid the progress has occurred. Makes me wonder when Teal will be out to the public?

Kadruk

Original Poster
I was looking more closely at my own photos, and I believe the 'covering' is simply to conceal the 'mix-matched' stripe underneath, and to be a little 'subtle' about the train, and it's recent history... The masking is not even or consistent down the body of the train, and is 'sloppy' at best... so I think thats why it's there... when we pulled through the first time, it was traveling down the beam towards MK spur, when we came back to get the video/pics it was sitting still, and when we were taking the pics and video, it was moving back towards the shop...

I think we caught a rare glimpse of it changing stalls in the shop... perhaps it was going into one where it could be painted... or onto one of the stalls with a drop out beam...

Dunno

brkgnews

Nice find. I'd imagine it's not even a matter of hiding the mis-match... but rather keeping the "z0mgs killer monorail is on the tracks!" idiots at bay.

brkgnews

PS... Having seen this, isn't it amazing how much a difference the color stripe makes to the overall look of the monos?

EPCOTPluto

Nice find. I'd imagine it's not even a matter of hiding the mis-match... but rather keeping the "z0mgs killer monorail is on the tracks!" idiots at bay.
"Killer" as in "Killer Awesome!!1!1!!" or the actual accident? :lookaroun

PS... Having seen this, isn't it amazing how much a difference the color stripe makes to the overall look of the monos?
It reminds me that they need to seriously clean the exterior! :mad::lol:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.

Thats funny... because thats exactly what I am going to refer to it as. That or FrankenMonorail :lol::lookaroun

PalisadesPkteer

Just goes to show that the Monorails nead Color!

If Mr EPCOT is around how do you and your fellow Monorail pilots feel about the former pink and purple Monorails being put together to get the new Teal?

How is everyone doing in the Monorail family by the way?

WDWFigment

Good thing there is no monorail white (or even off white). I don't think they could keep the monorail clean enough to make that work (or is it just this monorail that's dirty?). I'm not complaining, as I've never noticed that they're dirty.

Ravenscroft

Good thing there is no monorail white (or even off white). I don't think they could keep the monorail clean enough to make that work (or is it just this monorail that's dirty?). I'm not complaining, as I've never noticed that they're dirty.

I think the entire fleet needs a new coat, they seem to be a little darkened. Of course I am biased towards Disneylands new Mark VII monorails, Man they are pretty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom