Monorail system to operate on new timetable to accommodate automation work

Figment2005

It is primarily for the MK loop. Under normal circumstances the people doing the after hours work are getting maybe 2 hours to work on the beam. With the set schedule the workers will get more time. Under the current schedule the workers don't get to start with the lockout procedures until after 1 and can only work until 4. That is on a night where the park is only open until 11. Epcot is the furthest along because it's hours are the most forgiving. All I'm saying is have a little tolerance for the monorail department and the cast that run it. They are all involved in the inconvenience just like the guests.

cw1982

Not anymore, since the Welcome Show is starting at 8:40 am and rope drop follows immediately after the countdown. My guess is the new later timing is intentional to lessen the Anna & Elsa/7DMT crowds pushing their way through the train tunnels and down Main Street. The YouTube videos do not lie...people are CRAZY...I was caught up in the madness last week AFTER the new policy of CMs leading everyone down Main Street behind a rope, and it was still scary. If someone, especially a small child, gets trampled in the morning rush it would be tragic. Disney needed to do something to lessen the crowd size at rope drop.

I agree they needed to do something about the rope drop crowd, but it seems a little backhanded to make it more difficult for people to use EMH by limiting the availability of the best option for transportation during that time. EMH is supposed to be a big perk for staying on site, and a big draw for staying at a monorail resort is being able to take the monorail to certain parks. I think I'd be a bit upset about this if I was staying at a monorail resort and heading to Epcot soon.

disney4life2008

Not anymore, since the Welcome Show is starting at 8:40 am and rope drop follows immediately after the countdown. My guess is the new later timing is intentional to lessen the Anna & Elsa/7DMT crowds pushing their way through the train tunnels and down Main Street. The YouTube videos do not lie...people are CRAZY...I was caught up in the madness last week AFTER the new policy of CMs leading everyone down Main Street behind a rope, and it was still scary. If someone, especially a small child, gets trampled in the morning rush it would be tragic. Disney needed to do something to lessen the crowd size at rope drop.

I just watched some videos of the rope drop and wow it really is crazy at MK. I must be in the minority but I am not interested in meeting Frozen and I am under the suspicion I can ride Mine Train once and call it a day. So hopefully all those people will stay ar Frozen and Mine Train so I can ride Splash, Space, BTMR with no wait :)

cw1982

I just watched some videos of the rope drop and wow it really is crazy at MK. I must be in the minority but I am not interested in meeting Frozen and I am under the suspicion I can ride Mine Train once and call it a day. So hopefully all those people will stay ar Frozen and Mine Train so I can ride Splash, Space, BTMR with no wait :)

Mine Train was fun, and it was super cute, but I definitely will not be waiting in line for an hour to ride it more than once. I was willing to do it last week, but ended up not having to lol... (long story; it's in my trip report if you want the details). But yeah, now that I've been on it once, I'd only ride it again if the wait was manageable.

disney4life2008

Mine Train was fun, and it was super cute, but I definitely will not be waiting in line for an hour to ride it more than once. I was willing to do it last week, but ended up not having to lol... (long story; it's in my trip report if you want the details). But yeah, now that I've been on it once, I'd only ride it again if the wait was manageable.

Do you know how long the waits are during morning or evening extra magic hours? I have a fp+ reserved for the first day of my trip but I have problems waiting in line for anything more than 20 minutes.

BigTxEars

Now don't you go disrespecting the Mine Train! :)

cw1982

Do you know how long the waits are during morning or evening extra magic hours? I have a fp+ reserved for the first day of my trip but I have problems waiting in line for anything more than 20 minutes.

Yeah, 7DMT and Anna and Elsa are pretty much the only attractions that never had less than an hour wait while I was there... it's possible that the line may have gone down during the wee hours of the evening EMH, but dh and I didn't last that long to find out lol. Most of the rides are pretty much walk-on at MK during the last 30 minutes or so of normal park hours, but 7DMT was still 60+ minutes at park closing every night. I don't see rope drop being much better, but morning EMH may be another story. We didn't do any morning EMH's lol ;)

With a FP you shouldn't wait more than 20 minutes for 7DMT. I ended up with a "time lost" pass from guest relations that worked like a FP, and we went through the FP queue and rode the ride within about 15 minutes, and that's with requesting to sit in the back row (which meant we had to wait for them to load the lines for the rest of the train first).

cw1982

Now don't you go disrespecting the Mine Train! :)

Hah! Who is disrespecting it?!? Did you get to look at my day 5 and 6 yet to see what I went through to even get on that thing? ;)

I was just being completely honest. It's worth the wait to do it once... I wouldn't plan my trip around riding it over and over again though.

disney4life2008

Yeah, 7DMT and Anna and Elsa are pretty much the only attractions that never had less than an hour wait while I was there... it's possible that the line may have gone down during the wee hours of the evening EMH, but dh and I didn't last that long to find out lol. Most of the rides are pretty much walk-on at MK during the last 30 minutes or so of normal park hours, but 7DMT was still 60+ minutes at park closing every night. I don't see rope drop being much better, but morning EMH may be another story. We didn't do any morning EMH's lol ;)

With a FP you shouldn't wait more than 20 minutes for 7DMT. I ended up with a "time lost" pass from guest relations that worked like a FP, and we went through the FP queue and rode the ride within about 15 minutes, and that's with requesting to sit in the back row (which meant we had to wait for them to load the lines for the rest of the train first).

thanks. what is a time loss pass?

cw1982

thanks. what is a time loss pass?

That's what they gave me when I went to Guest Relations and explained that I was disappointed because I had sacrificed my last 30 minutes of park time on Thursday night for a ride that went down while we were waiting (we were in line for 7DMT at park closing and got kicked out of line because it went down. By then, it was too late to ride anything else, so the rest of the night was shot). That was GR's way of giving us back that time. We had to go back to GR when we got to the MK the next day to pick up the pass, but once we did that we were free to use that pass like any other FP for a ride in the MK. Thanks to that, we ended up getting to ride 7DMT with a FP, and it allowed us to have time to ride Splash, BTMRR, and Space (twice) in our last hour and a half of park time because we didn't have to wait in line again for the mine train lol.

Last edited:

Dwarful

The two mornings we did EMH's at MK Mine Train was NOT operational at rope drop with the morning EMHs. They DID NOT let anyone know about this before hand. We used our FPs both days and didn't do the stand by line because of this. I hope by 4th of July they have the kinks worked out because the time we were there it experienced many down times.

articos

Maybe it's like proof of concept to Bombardier that the automation process works, so they could go ahead and build them with the system built in.
Thales and Bom have worked together on multiple urban rail projects. The software is proven, it's just a matter of adapting it for WDW use. It's a given the next generation of trains will have automation designed in from the start.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom