Monorail Silver

jorgetheviking

^ yeah I knew it was wierd that he was going so slow. lol The entire video is actually about a minute and a half long. I cut it down to the part where he passes. The D is also missing on Monorail Black. :(

hpyhnt 1000

^ yeah I knew it was wierd that he was going so slow. lol The entire video is actually about a minute and a half long. I cut it down to the part where he passes. The D is also missing on Monorail Black. :(

Wait, when did that happen? Did they repaint black too, or are they just taking the "D"s off all the trains? :confused:

hpyhnt 1000

^ Which reminds me, wasn't there supposed to be a new YOMD design going on the monorails at some point? Is that still a go, or has it been scrapped?

EPCOT Explorer

I certainly hope it's been scrapped!

I love the nice sleek look of the Monorails...If anything the YOAMD was ok because it only took up a little bit of space.

s8film40

Wait, when did that happen? Did they repaint black too, or are they just taking the "D"s off all the trains? :confused:
They have been repainting the trains for several years now. About half of the trains that have been repainted have several mistakes and omissions. The first train that was repainted was Coral if you look closely the white sections of the stripe in the center of each car is a different shape and size throughout the train. This is when the D's were left off the back of black and when the blue part of the lime stripe was left off. Also the stripe on purple gets significantly narrower in some areas.

hpyhnt 1000

^Really?! You do realize I'm going to be analyzing every monorail that I see now, right? :lol:

If you're right, I think its time Disney got a new monorail painter.

s8film40

2659963600_6185f25b2c_b.jpg

LAPVLB

They have been repainting the trains for several years now. About half of the trains that have been repainted have several mistakes and omissions. The first train that was repainted was Coral if you look closely the white sections of the stripe in the center of each car is a different shape and size throughout the train. This is when the D's were left off the back of black and when the blue part of the lime stripe was left off. Also the stripe on purple gets significantly narrower in some areas.

I don't think that the blue delta on Lime was left off or forgotten. Wasn't it just switched to white because it looked better? That's at least what my monorail friends have told me. :shrug:

s8film40

I don't think that the blue delta on Lime was left off or forgotten. Wasn't it just switched to white because it looked better? That's at least what my monorail friends have told me. :shrug:

The blue delta went away when lime went in to be painted. Sometime during the painting process someone made a decision that it would be easier or more consistent just to not paint the blue part in. It does save a step (and time) in the painting process.

I'm pretty sure that leaving the D's off of black was a mistake.

Also if you look at the D at the back of coral some of the globe part is accidentally filled in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom