• Monorail Black

Votes: 19 15.0%
  • Monorail Coral

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Monorail Lime

Votes: 18 14.2%

• Total voters

mellie882

Gotta go with gold and silver (or the metalloids for those who know me :wave: ). They glimmer. They shimmer. They are just extra magical.

Pixie Duster

Original Poster
I always thought the entire monorail being the color would look cheesy and kinda like an eyesore. The white with a stripe keeps them uniform with that touch on individuality. I wish the magical gathering icon on their windows were the color of the line.

Pixie Duster

Original Poster
It's funny how people are picking the two most popular colors for cars, red and blue. I read somewhere that people who are drawn to the primary colors prefer things simple and people who are drawn to different colors, such as secondary and so forth are more intricate and complicated. Also there is no hope for people who like black ;) ;) just kidding.

Invero

As a Pilot, my favorites were Purple, and the original Lime color. Red was a good train too... fastest, and most comfy seat. Nice horn, too.

Lime had a lumpy seat... but I liked the color combo.

Purple had a comfy seat, and a good horn, and is my favorite actual color.

Invero

Originally posted by Pixie Duster
So what was the original lime, as how was different than now?

The original Lime was a tribute to the original Monorail Pilot's costume. It was a lime stripe, with dark blue deltas that were contrasting, yet complimentary.

The new Lime is the lime stripe with white deltas. A disgrace.

MonorailGreen

Monorail Green, of course, the old lime looked much better than the new one!! The deltas are the trapezoids in the middle of each car on Monorail Lime.

Tom

Beta Return
Black and Gold - the colors of both my alma maters, high school and then Purdue University! Also the logo colors of the company I work for.

Nansafan

Purple People Eater of course! In another thread I mentioned that on one trip, 2002, my 2 nephew, 2 nieces and son started naming the monorails while we waited at the Poly and Contemporary stations.

Pink Panther
Orange Crush
Silver Streak
Golden Retriever
Purple People Eater

I think green was called Lime Jello and yellow was Lemon Meringue Pie.

Love the monorails. We award Disney Dollars to each other for different reasons, first to see the character of the day, first to see Mickey on a trip etc. Guessing the monorail color is another way to win a Disney Dollar. Oh yeah, and we all bet each other for the best score on Buzz. Sorry, my mind wondered a bit.

DarkImage4

A very difficult choice...monorails are just one of those Disney "things" for me. Red and Blue are classics, black and purple are my favorite colors and coral and lime are unique with the deltas (white or otherwise).

Right now, I'll say blue due to a vivid memory from my honeymoon.

We stayed at the Contemporary and we got into this little act that I'd say something like, "Hey, look it's Monorail Red!". Then my wife would say, "Hi Red!"

Last day there, we're sitting in the Concourse Steakhouse, and I say Hey look, there's Monorail Blue...", my wife, with tears in her eyes says, "Bye Blue!" :cry: I couldn't stop crying for a while....

SewIn2Disney

Originally posted by Nansafan

Love the monorails. We award Disney Dollars to each other for different reasons, first to see the character of the day, first to see Mickey on a trip etc. Guessing the monorail color is another way to win a Disney Dollar. Oh yeah, and we all bet each other for the best score on Buzz. Sorry, my mind wondered a bit.

Awwww...that's such a cute idea!

SewIn2Disney

Originally posted by Invero
As a Pilot, my favorites were Purple, and the original Lime color. Red was a good train too... fastest, and most comfy seat. Nice horn, too.

Lime had a lumpy seat... but I liked the color combo.

Purple had a comfy seat, and a good horn, and is my favorite actual color.

Now that's an interesting take on things.:lol:

but I like it!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom