Monorail line repairs at EPCOT today

rucifee

Various days over 3 weeks. A Wednesday morning at 8am for a character breakfast, no monorail had to use ferry. A couple of times at around 3pm arrival on a Saturday and I think a Tuesday, again ferry only option. Finally this Tuesday at 8:40am, directed to the ferry boat. The resort monorail was running that day but the cm insisted we use the ferry as we weren't getting off at a hotel.

You don't want to slow down or overcrowd the resort Monorail for the guests spending more money than you are, now do you? It doesn't matter if the CM insists you don't take the resort monorail, you can still take it.

The Ferry is probably be faster if you're on a schedule to get to an ADR. The ferry is also a much better experience, well it was until they took one of the ferries away for dessert parties. They have a problem getting people in and out of Magic Kingdom, the solution? Reduce transportation capacity even more!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
First they must get people used to them not working by keeping them out of order most of time.

Hmmmm.....

Exactly inquiring minds go Hmmmm at the recent reduction of nighttime hours, Resort loop being unavailable for "maintenance" during peak hours during peak season, trashed cabins and the general frequent 101's of the monorail.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You don't want to slow down or overcrowd the resort Monorail for the guests spending more money than you are, now do you? It doesn't matter if the CM insists you don't take the resort monorail, you can still take it.

The Ferry is probably be faster if you're on a schedule to get to an ADR. The ferry is also a much better experience, well it was until they took one of the ferries away for dessert parties. They have a problem getting people in and out of Magic Kingdom, the solution? Reduce transportation capacity even more!

I dont't hate WDW it's been my favorite places to vacation for 30 years or so (since i was a kid) but I really HATE how it's being run the past 5 years or so. Transportation has been a nightmare and getting worse daily and this is as transportation tech is improving I've never understood why there could not be a CM with a radio or a CCTV at the bus stops and the dispatcher allocating buses to resorts that have lines. Instead you see buses pulling away with few riders while other resorts have multiple buses worth of people in the queue. (in this case I'm talking about deluxe and moderate resorts) the Values seem to have the best bus service as you see empty buses pulling up as soon as a full one leaves.

Heck I used to ride the Monorail for the sheer joy of riding the monorail I have my 'Monorail Pilot' cards from both coasts but I don't get on the monorails these days as they are too crowded and unreliable.

rucifee

I dont't hate WDW it's been my favorite places to vacation for 30 years or so (since i was a kid) but I really HATE how it's being run the past 5 years or so. Transportation has been a nightmare and getting worse daily and this is as transportation tech is improving I've never understood why there could not be a CM with a radio or a CCTV at the bus stops and the dispatcher allocating buses to resorts that have lines. Instead you see buses pulling away with few riders while other resorts have multiple buses worth of people in the queue. (in this case I'm talking about deluxe and moderate resorts) the Values seem to have the best bus service as you see empty buses pulling up as soon as a full one leaves.

Heck I used to ride the Monorail for the sheer joy of riding the monorail I have my 'Monorail Pilot' cards from both coasts but I don't get on the monorails these days as they are too crowded and unreliable.

Yes, you've really nailed how I feel as well. I love WDW, but I really HATE how it's been managed for the last few years.

Figment2005

Various days over 3 weeks. A Wednesday morning at 8am for a character breakfast, no monorail had to use ferry. A couple of times at around 3pm arrival on a Saturday and I think a Tuesday, again ferry only option. Finally this Tuesday at 8:40am, directed to the ferry boat. The resort monorail was running that day but the cm insisted we use the ferry as we weren't getting off at a hotel.
On normal days the express doesn't open until 8:30. Tuesdays and Fridays it doesn't open until 9:30 due to overnight testing. The resort is not sold as an option to folks at the TTC unless absolutely necessary as to avoid overcrowding, and you will notice Magic Kingdom isn't even an option on the signage. The Saturday issue I have no clue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom