Monorail Expansion: Who is in favor, who isn't?

What do you think?

• In favor of an expansion.

Votes: 128 81.0%
  • Not in favor of an expansion.

Votes: 21 13.3%
  • In favor but only to Studios.

Votes: 9 5.7%

• Total voters

SteveUK

I think that if you know what we are all thinking - why ask? You know as well as I do that nothing productive will come of this thread.

S.E.A.

well...who wouldn't be in favor of monorail expansion? it's just a matter of it being financially feasible, but the truth is, everybody wants it to happen

Mick G.

Not in Favor

A major monorail expansion would be expensive, would complicate an already complex transportation system, and would be confusing to the average guest.

Maybe a better question would be, which would you rather see, a monorail expansion, or 5-10 new E-Ticket attractions.

wannab@dis

The poll needs more options.

As previously mentioned... a choice between new attractions and the monorail is a very valid point. Also, a choice could be a newly designed method that is similar to the monorail, but may be more futuristic and financially feasible.

All things considered... I would rather see expansion of the existing parks as I believe the ROI is much greater than a monorail expansion.

joshwill

A major monorail expansion would be expensive, would complicate an already complex transportation system, and would be confusing to the average guest.

Maybe a better question would be, which would you rather see, a monorail expansion, or 5-10 new E-Ticket attractions.

um....just wondering, what is complicated about the transportation system? i find to be rather easy, if time consuming at times.

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
um....just wondering, what is complicated about the transportation system? i find to be rather easy, if time consuming at times.

Since most guests have never been there and never ridden on an elaborate form of transportation, they may become confused with the different parks and where they actually are(by which I mean in which park).

As I have stated in many of my posts, I am trying to look at things from Disney's viewpoint. However I may have beant my rule in this pole since Disney starts with a broad range of options and then narrows it down.

I started with a narrow range.:eek:

wannab@dis

how would "monorail? or bus?" be confusing to the average guest?
Just hang out at the TTC and watch some people trying to figure out how to get from MK to Epcot or vice versa. Just that single transfer is confusing to some people... not all of course, but that confusion would be magnified greatly when faced with the necessary transfers of an expanded system.

There are threads on this forum all the time about how to get from one place to another. For the regulars, it's second nature, but for many, it is confusing. They just don't grasp the idea of transfers, whether by monorail or bus.

Thankfully you weren't there when they first discussed expanding Walt Disney World with EPCOT and the monorail expansion, otherwise we would simply have the Magic Kingdom with thirty new roller coasters. Sorry but zzzzzzz..........:snore: Thankfully we now have FOUR amazing theme parks and many more resorts rather than merely an expanded Magic Kingdom. I simply don't see why it has to be an either or question. Monorail (or some amazing mass transit system) expansion and new E-ticket attractions CAN BOTH be done, just as it has been done in the past.

I'm all for monorail expansion.

TimeTrip

Just hang out at the TTC and watch some people trying to figure out how to get from MK to Epcot or vice versa. Just that single transfer is confusing to some people... not all of course, but that confusion would be magnified greatly when faced with the necessary transfers of an expanded system.

There are threads on this forum all the time about how to get from one place to another. For the regulars, it's second nature, but for many, it is confusing. They just don't grasp the idea of transfers, whether by monorail or bus.

Agreed... transfers = bad. Designing a monorail systemwith direct runs from every spot to every spot = really bad from a cost perspective, and perhaps even from an aesthetic perspective.

plutoismyhero

i dont understand

why would u be against the expansioon of the monorail if nething the buses are confusing the monorail is very easy very efficient and if u expanded the monorail it would make transfering from park to park with out a car very very easier i understand that people want rides and big attraction, i do to, but i would love to see the monorail expanded :king:

MuRkErY

I cant help but think it would be pretty jarring to get off a Monorail at the entrance to DAK. The two just do not seem to fit thematically, and aesthetically it could be quite a ugly site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom