Status
Not open for further replies.

DonickCo

Attachments

• monobarn.jpg
    monobarn.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 213

wdwfan22

Fantasia Boi I have a question for you. Why are you never checked for your Resort Id before boarding any form of Disney Transport? Especially on the Resort monorail line. They really make it easy for the non-guest to sneak around. All you have to do is park at one of the monorail resorts hop on the monorail and your in. You even get out of the parking fee. In all of my trips I have never been asked for my resort Id. It's the same thing with the E-Ride Tickets. Just curious

DisneyWorldGuru

The barn was never expanded. They park a few of the other monorails through out the line (eg-CC, TTC). The shop can not hold all of the monorails at one time.

Also at about 6:00am you can go over to the path between the CC and the MK and watch them bringing the monoails out in the morning. Just tell the guard you want to see them doing it and want to take pictures and they will let you.

You can not just park at a resort anymore. You have to give them a reason and then give you a parking pass for two hours only, even if you are a guest of another resort at WDW you still only get the two hour pass.

It would be too hard to check everyones ID, I guess if they suspected something they might ask.

Invero

Originally posted by DonickCo
was the monorail barn expanded when they added the epcot line.

-DonickCo

The original Shop was 5 train beams, and 1 tractor shed. This was quickly expanded to 5+5 train beams, and 1 tractor shed...

Typically though, Shop will use beam 6 as an additional work tractor area... and beam 10 is used for painting of the monorails. Personally, I've never seen more than 8 trains in shop at a time.

(By the way... sorry for being gone so long... my hard drive crashed... Not a fun experience!!!! :( )

Invero

Originally posted by wdwfan22
Fantasia Boi I have a question for you. Why are you never checked for your Resort Id before boarding any form of Disney Transport? Especially on the Resort monorail line. They really make it easy for the non-guest to sneak around. All you have to do is park at one of the monorail resorts hop on the monorail and your in. You even get out of the parking fee. In all of my trips I have never been asked for my resort Id. It's the same thing with the E-Ride Tickets. Just curious

Disney Transport stopped asking for ID about 8 or 9 years ago. The reason? *shrug* The hassled outweighed the reasoning, I guess. Although, I will say, some bus drivers WILL ask for Resort ID from Pleasure Island after a certain time at night, usually Midnight.

Also, on some busy days when the parks reach capacity, they will check resort ID's on monorails.

Invero

Also at about 6:00am you can go over to the path between the CC and the MK and watch them bringing the monoails out in the morning. Just tell the guard you want to see them doing it and want to take pictures and they will let you.
[/B]

7:30-8:00am is when the Express trains are brought out. The Epcot and Resort trains are usually kept out, although some mornings they might come from shop... but ya never know.

DisneyWorldGuru

When did they expand the barn. I thought it was always the size it is now. When was it expanded? I know it must have been before EPCOT was built.

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

7:30-8:00am is when the Express trains are brought out. The Epcot and Resort trains are usually kept out, although some mornings they might come from shop... but ya never know.

Last time I was there it was about 6:00am. It was in Aug. of last year.

scotty_l

Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru

Last time I was there it was about 6:00am. It was in Aug. of last year.

Actually you are both correct. Usually two resort trains come out of shop at 6am and are brought over to the Resort beam. Usually they will bring the first train to the MK have it switch ends. The second train that comes out of shop will be brought onto the express beam and then will go in reverse through the switches to the resort beam. Then the train aat the mk will go through the switches. The 3rd or 4th trains usually go to Epcot and the last trains around 7:30 are the espress trains.

DonickCo

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

The original Shop was 5 train beams, and 1 tractor shed. This was quickly expanded to 5+5 train beams, and 1 tractor shed...

Typically though, Shop will use beam 6 as an additional work tractor area... and beam 10 is used for painting of the monorails. Personally, I've never seen more than 8 trains in shop at a time.

(By the way... sorry for being gone so long... my hard drive crashed... Not a fun experience!!!! :( )

I thought so judging by the satellite Photo.
Thanks
-Donickco

ps: a photo

Attachments

• 54061.jpg
    54061.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 222

Pioneer Hall

BTW does anyone have an address for the Polynesian or any monorail resort.

Addresses:

Contemporary- 4600 N World Dr

Polynesian- 1600 Seven Seas Drive

Grand Floridian- 4401 Grand Floridian Way

SykedOwt

Umm I was Just looking over this post and I have a question seeing that this one Thread is over 12 pages long... What exactly was the original question?:hammer:

monorail256

The barn was never expanded. They park a few of the other monorails through out the line (eg-CC, TTC). The shop can not hold all of the monorails at one time.

You can not just park at a resort anymore. You have to give them a reason and then give you a parking pass for two hours only, even if you are a guest of another resort at WDW you still only get the two hour pass.

It would be too hard to check everyones ID, I guess if they suspected something they might ask.

when we go to disney (resort guests) we always go to a different resort during the week to see how we like it.. and we never had a time limit.. most of them time.. they didnt care... they just waved to us...:p

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by monorail256

when we go to disney (resort guests) we always go to a different resort during the week to see how we like it.. and we never had a time limit.. most of them time.. they didnt care... they just waved to us...:p

I only have had to get the two hour pass at the monorail resorts.

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by SykedOwt
Umm I was Just looking over this post and I have a question seeing that this one Thread is over 12 pages long... What exactly was the original question?:hammer:

This is the original question:

Hi guys I am trying to onfirm if its true, an unsaid source has said that a monorail in the early 80's crashed on its way EPCOT center.

I just want to know if its true?

Invero

When did they expand the barn. I thought it was always the size it is now. When was it expanded? I know it must have been before EPCOT was built.

Not quite sure when... but it was like '72-75 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom