Monorail Crash in 1980?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by scotty_l

Actually it was possted by Brannon Boran aka Monorail Green. John Kappeler (aka as Tennis Ball Head) wrote it and gave it to Brannon who then posted that part as a part of a larger posting that included several items...

John and Brannon were firends and roomates..... I worked with and knew them well.....

Oh, ok thanks for the correct information.

DisneyWorldGuru

Fantasia Boi, I wanted to know where the pylons that extend from EPCOT to MGM are (eg-what side of Epcot do they run on. A friend of mine who works at WDW told me a few a burrried under World Showcase.

Invero

Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru
Fantasia Boi, I wanted to know where the pylons that extend from EPCOT to MGM are (eg-what side of Epcot do they run on. A friend of mine who works at WDW told me a few a burrried under World Showcase.

*shrug* Your guess is as good as mine.

scotty_l

I was told the same thing but, that maybe a rumor. For years there was a map with a proposed monorail that seem to have been extended from the EPCOT teardrop first towards the what the called "Future Development area" now known as the studios. The only items that I know Disney has kept for any kind of Monorail expansion is the Monorail Beam forms that still reside near the warehouses past Fort Wilderness and Port Orleans Resort. When I last saw them (4 years ago) they were in ill-repair.

Baron87

I remeber a few years ago being on Monorail Brown and having it get stuck on the incline between the Grand Floridian and the Magic Kingdom. I think we were towed or something back to the GF station. Apparently the train was overloaded...

vader

So are you saying that signal 25 will be used more often than SIGNAL 96-S? That's a bit disturbing. heh

10-99: Deadheaded, no guests on board. . . I think
SIGNAL 25: Fire, flames, Chernobyl
SIGNAL 96-S: There's a huge snake on my train!

As a Monorail Pilot, you will use each and every one of
these codes during your career, although the last one might
not come up as often. I put it there just in case you do
get a huge snake in your front cab, you'll know the exact
radio code to relay this information to Monorail Central.
(Chances are, however, they won't know what the hell you're
talking about.)

cm1988

Close Encounters

Originally posted by Big Thunder
...this topic is dying! ...
Just for the record, there never was a monorail crash. However, a flying saucer crashed in the woods south of Celebration, back in '75. Was reported in the Orlando Sentinal as a sinkhole. Hush-hush!
:lookaroun

cm1988

Re: Close Encounters

Originally posted by cm1988
...flying saucer crashed in the woods south of Celebration...
:lookaroun
A little slow with the April Fool's stuff this year. My apologies.:D

DisneyWorldGuru

I was told the same thing but, that maybe a rumor. For years there was a map with a proposed monorail that seem to have been extended from the EPCOT teardrop first towards the what the called "Future Development area" now known as the studios. The only items that I know Disney has kept for any kind of Monorail expansion is the Monorail Beam forms that still reside near the warehouses past Fort Wilderness and Port Orleans Resort. When I last saw them (4 years ago) they were in ill-repair.

I also have seen these pylons. Some are still standing others are just footings for more pylons also there is no track. I think the problem is that the layout of the property as it is today is so scattered that connectiong all of the parks would mean the entire system would have to be re-done coasting millions that Disney does not want to put out.

DisneyWorldGuru

There are warehouses almost between World Showcase and MGM. It has been a while since I have seen them (about 2 years) there should be footings and mabye a pylon or two still standing.

DonickCo

i looked and i cant find any warehouses almost between World Showcase and MGM. Can you find it in this pic. or the area.

-DonickCo

Attachments

• any ideas.gif
    any ideas.gif
    95.6 KB · Views: 284

DisneyWorldGuru

It is hard to tell from an arial photo. As I said it has also been 2 years since I have seen them. If anyone has seen them or works for WDW could you help us find the warehouses. I will try to find out from my friend he might know but he does not work in that area but he might know. :confused: Also I'm not sure what side of Epcot it is on.

scotty_l

There are warehouses almost between World Showcase and MGM. It has been a while since I have seen them (about 2 years) there should be footings and mabye a pylon or two still standing.

Actually I was talking about the forms that were used create new monorail beams and pylons. The last time they were used was 1979-1980. If Disney were to ever think about expansion they will need to resurrect these building forms. At the site www.monorails.org The monorail society has pictures of Monorail beams being poured in Las Vegas. The forms at WDW can be found if you travel from the MK past Fort Wilderness, golf cources and the back side of Dixie Landings. There are a series of warehouses and construction areas. In addtion you can find the Vista United telephone and Security. In one corner of the construction area you can find these monorail forms just waiting to used again... In 1998 myself and another Monorail Central visited here often to look over the forms....

DisneyWorldGuru

Actually I was talking about the forms that were used create new monorail beams and pylons. The last time they were used was 1979-1980. If Disney were to ever think about expansion they will need to resurrect these building forms. At the site www.monorails.org The monorail society has pictures of Monorail beams being poured in Las Vegas. The forms at WDW can be found if you travel from the MK past Fort Wilderness, golf cources and the back side of Dixie Landings. There are a series of warehouses and construction areas. In addtion you can find the Vista United telephone and Security. In one corner of the construction area you can find these monorail forms just waiting to used again... In 1998 myself and another Monorail Central visited here often to look over the forms....

What I am talking about is the footings and pylons that were never used that were planned to connect to MGM. They can be found between Epcot and MGM. They are near CM buildings and warehouses. I havent seen them in a while so I don't know if they are still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom