Monorail Clearing?

bgraham34

Google maps is great. Google Earth is also sweet. Almost daily i check out Disney from that. I wish it were live though.

PKD

peter11435 said:
It is sort of. The new toll road will connect the turnpike to I-4 and travel just to the west of WDW. Disney is constructing a new road that will connect the new toll road to Buena Vista Drive just south of Coronado Springs.

I'm confused... The turnpike currently connects to I4 half a mile north of Universal Studios. It then travels South-East to the 528 & then on to the 417, the green way(Turnpike currently has no on or off ramps that I am aware of) The 417 then goes West to Celebration.

The north end of the Turnpike near Ocoee has the new toll 429 which currently heads north to Sanford & I4 just north of Orlando.

Where is this new toll road being built, or are they just making ramps to allow on and off traffic from the turnpike/417 intersection?

peter11435

convrsboy said:
I'm confused... The turnpike currently connects to I4 half a mile north of Universal Studios. It then travels South-East to the 528 & then on to the 417, the green way(Turnpike currently has no on or off ramps that I am aware of) The 417 then goes West to Celebration.

The north end of the Turnpike near Ocoee has the new toll 429 which currently heads north to Sanford & I4 just north of Orlando.

Where is this new toll road being built, or are they just making ramps to allow on and off traffic from the turnpike/417 intersection?
The new toll road is 429. It will also extend south from the Turnpike and head towards WDW. It will then travel along the western border of WDW then across 192 and then eventualy meet up with I4. Disney is construction a new road currently called "western way" that will connect 429 to Buena Vista Drive just south of Coronado Springs. This map shows the route of the new toll road.

The black square that says "Reedy Creek Improvement District Road" next to it is where Disney's new road will connect to 429.

429map.jpg

peter11435

Villain_70 said:
If there is a walkway between EPCOT and Disney Studios, why can't they build a connector Monorail from EPCOT to DS?
Because the walkway was not that expensive and is already there. A connector monorail just between Epcot and the Studios would cost darn close to 150 million if not more. I don't know about you but I can think of a million things they could better spend that money on.

PKD

peter11435 said:
The new toll road is 429. It will also extend south from the Turnpike and head towards WDW. It will then travel along the western border of WDW then across 192 and then eventualy meet up with I4. Disney is construction a new road currently called "western way" that will connect 429 to Buena Vista Drive just south of Coronado Springs. This map shows the route of the new toll road.

The black square that says "Reedy Creek Improvement District Road" next to it is where Disney's new road will connect to 429.
GOOD TIMES!! Thanks =)
Now if we could only get a Monorail for Orlando we would be set! :lookaroun

Nion4

Original Poster
peter11435 said:
Yeah that was done in preparation for the removal of the 20,000 leagues lagoon.

I don't understand how you'd come to that conclusion. What does building a mini lake and installing a fireworks station have to do with 20 000 leagues which is at a different edge of the property.

Why would they need to build a lake for 20 000 leagues excavation after it was drained?

peter11435

Nion4 said:
I don't understand how you'd come to that conclusion. What does building a mini lake and installing a fireworks station have to do with 20 000 leagues which is at a different edge of the property.

Why would they need to build a lake for 20 000 leagues excavation after it was drained?
I was referring to the lake you said was constructed behind the ToonTown Train station. That lake WAS constructed to take the place of the 20,000 leagues water system.

disneylands

Account Suspended
peter11435 said:
While not every year, you are correct that there are far more recent satelite photos of the area. However even the images of WDW in the most recent google earth are over 2 years old.

OH CRAP!!! Ive been thinking it's every year. Thanks for telling me though!:wave:

P.S. do you know if they take them every two years or longer?

KumbaRider

So when will this road be completed? So southbound Turpike travellers will now have an alternative to the congested I-4 route? Northbound travellers can still take Osceola Parkway.

TimeTrip

KumbaRider said:
So when will this road be completed? So southbound Turpike travellers will now have an alternative to the congested I-4 route? Northbound travellers can still take Osceola Parkway.

http://www.expresswayauthority.com/futureplans/index.html

Some relevant text:

SR 429 – Part C – The Expressway Authority and FDOT continue to plan for an additional 22-mile segment of the Western Expressway. Part C will extend from Florida’s Turnpike south to I-4 near Walt Disney World. Final design is currently underway on the Expressway Authority’s 11-mile section, from Florida’s Turnpike to Seidel Road, with construction of this segment anticipated to be complete by 2005. This project is currently included in the Expressway Authority’s Five-Year Work Plan.

Here is the turnpike link:
http://www2.dot.state.fl.us/program...unty=75&Sort=B&Phas=F&WptsysCD=&WKMix=&SISCD=

Look for the western beltway "c" links. Maybe by the end of 2006?

Some more text:

Western Beltway (Part C) - From I-4 to SR 50 (FM No. 4034972/3, 034982/3, 4034986). A Turnpike Enterprise and Orlando-Orange County Expressway Authority project. All sections are under construction.

Villain_70

peter11435 said:
Because the walkway was not that expensive and is already there. A connector monorail just between Epcot and the Studios would cost darn close to 150 million if not more. I don't know about you but I can think of a million things they could better spend that money on.

They would move more people faster and more efficiently then the buses.

Perfect scenioro, build a monorail connector from EPCOT to the BC and YC Resorts, from there pick up a monorail to MGM. It is all about progress. This would also help the highways with congestion.

peter11435

Villain_70 said:
They would move more people faster and more efficiently then the buses.

Perfect scenioro, build a monorail connector from EPCOT to the BC and YC Resorts, from there pick up a monorail to MGM. It is all about progress. This would also help the highways with congestion.
That is actually a common misconception. The monorails do not move people faster and and more efficiently then the buses. But lets not get into that here. There are many monorail threads where it is explained in detail. Look for posts by Invero. He is a former WDW bus driver and monorail pilot.

Nion4

Original Poster
luvorlando said:
Could the clearing be a simple fire break?
Thats what I'm thinking -- for the fireworks some added safety in that area as well? No brushes/trees to catch fire so they cleared it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom