Monarail Extension to all WDW Parks????

Invero

edwardtc said:
Aparently, since the monorails are computer-based, their MAPO system can do this "signalling" from within the cab, rather than have big traffic signals along the beam. I'm trying to figure out the whole "blocked frequency" system, but perhaps that was just a layman's way of describing it to Tyler. I predict there is a computer that is checking occupancy of each block of track, somehow, and reporting to each respective monorail - but I could be wrong.

Indeed, the system has been around for very very long time. As for the blocked frequency explanation, that's the laymans explanation that I was given during training. The train can look forward up to three blocks. If there is no power, no beam, or a train in that block, it doesn't see past that block, and reports back on the upper display in the green, amber, or red.

Invero

Disneyland1970 said:
The new busses are designed for standing not sitting, and with my luck it is standing,always.
Low-floor buses will always have less seats than a standard floor bus, thanks to the wheel wells. But, the benefits of a low-floor bus far outweigh the loss of 6 seats. That's all that was lost... 6 seats. The RTS has 41 seats, the Novas and the Gilligs have 35 seats. It is possible to squeeze in an extra 4 seats, by placing the wheelchair seats in the front, one behind each wheel well. The downside to this is that the majority of the guests we have using scooters would not be able to manuever around the front wheel wells. By having the ramp in the back, with the perimiter seating, we can make things easier for those guests, plus, have a gigantic wide aisle for those many guests who have large strollers. So really, we lost 6 seats, but we gained an easy entry low floor, a wide aisle to accomodate strollers, and the ability to move on average 10 more people per bus. Those 3 things mean that lines move faster. No one is forcing anyone to stand... if you don't wish to stand, you can wait for the next bus.

Disneyland1970 said:
Why is the cost of the beam so expensive??
I'm sure US labor costs contribute into the figures... as for the beam itself it's not entirely concrete... there's a lot of rebar in there, as well as other stuff that I'm not completely sure of. But I do know that the concrete itself is some of the hardest concrete out there. We had to resurface some areas a few years ago, and it would litterally take an hour to mill a foot long section (they only milled 22" of the 26" wide beam)

Disneyland1970 said:
With the amount of visitors to the park, I feel that monorail expansion would be cost effective over a few years
Considering it's a non-revenue generating thing, I don't think it would be cost effective.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom