Moms panel is open!

mickeysaver

I just stumbled across another potential issue-causing post. A guest asked about the existance of the Character Information Hotline. The Dad responded that yes there was, and provided a phone number. The character line is only for Cast use, and is not meant to handle guest requests--the number isn't even supposed to be published. In actuality, the phone number given in the response is just the WDW operator, but they aren't equipped to handle inquiries about characters.

The majority of posts on there are good information. But, the few like these, from what presents itself as a semi-official Walt Disney World information source, trouble me a little.

You can thank me for that one. I was wondering if anyone would be foolish enough to publish the number. :drevil: Maggie

huntzilla

I sent in two questions but I haven't seen a reply yet. Will it be in my email or on the site? If it is on the site then where?

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I recieved an e-mail asking me to join a new Club that they are making called the Mom's Club that has something to do with the Mom's panel. They are sending me a "Welcome kit".

Pam

DisneyMusician2

At least on the guidebook question, they didn't plug the official Birnbaum guide.

I thought many more of the answers would be Disney-censored, but as other posters have said, many appear to be true opinions, false info and of ther problems aside.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
At least on the guidebook question, they didn't plug the official Birnbaum guide.

I thought many more of the answers would be Disney-censored, but as other posters have said, many appear to be true opinions, false info and of ther problems aside.
I was impressed that one of the panelists recommended allearsnet.com for restaurant menus.

drew81

I just stumbled across another potential issue-causing post. A guest asked about the existance of the Character Information Hotline. The Dad responded that yes there was, and provided a phone number. The character line is only for Cast use, and is not meant to handle guest requests--the number isn't even supposed to be published. In actuality, the phone number given in the response is just the WDW operator, but they aren't equipped to handle inquiries about characters.

The majority of posts on there are good information. But, the few like these, from what presents itself as a semi-official Walt Disney World information source, trouble me a little.

You're right. The C.H.I.P. Hotline is only for cast members to use. You can call the WDW-INFO line and they will check to see if a character is out for you. I would think if you called the WDW Operator about a character question they would transfer you to Guest Relations.

Pooh'sBuddy

For the most I thought the answers were pretty decent. There were some that threw me for a :veryconfu. One person asked how far in advance you can book dinner and entertainment reservations. The answer was 190 days and during busy seasons you would want to book sooner than that. The moderator did say 180 was for the dinner reservations though. Overall a very confusing answer b/c there was never a direct answer to the posters question.

Now to ask you guys (I trust you so much more), what can you book 190 days in advance? Or is there anything you can book that far in advance?

I saw the same thing and had the same question. :veryconfu I thought it was no matter what ADR the rule is 180 prior to your arrival date but those staying on property could make all their reservations for the next ten days instead of having to call each day.

jer

Sam02

I saw the same thing and had the same question. :veryconfu I thought it was no matter what ADR the rule is 180 prior to your arrival date but those staying on property could make all their reservations for the next ten days instead of having to call each day.

jer

I don't know if that is what the mom's panelist meant by what she posted though, like I said overall a confusing answer. The way the mom worded it there are things you can book 190 days or more in advance. I remember reading something somewhere where you used to be able to book the Hoop De Doo 2 years in advance, but that policy has since been changed.

I do get the 190 days in advance if you are booking something for the tail end of your trip, but you are still only booking 180 days from the day you arrive. I just thought the answer was very confusing and wanted to find out what you could book 190 days out if anything.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

You can thank me for that one. I was wondering if anyone would be foolish enough to publish the number. :drevil: Maggie

Are you saying you posted this question for them in the hopes of causing them to make a mistake? :veryconfu

Why?

Momketeer

I got the "Mom's Club" invitation too. Kinda excited about joining a new Disney club, little sad about not getting the Mom's Panel. :shrug:

Personally I like 'Disney's Momketeers' as a name for the group. :animwink:

I plan to give Mom's Panel a look...but WDWMagic is still my first stop for all info Disney.

mickeysaver

Are you saying you posted this question for them in the hopes of causing them to make a mistake? :veryconfu

Why?

Why not? This is a new venture and those people are going to make mistakes. I just wanted to see how well they had been trained more than anything. Maggie

Enderikari

Why?

Me said:
Well, once the parade of jerks is over, it should be a good resource for folks to help plan their vacation...

But they have to get past the jerks... which may be a long process

Answer your question?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom