Trip Report Mom & Maddie's visit to Wonderland - February 2016

Hello Everyone,

I am finally able to post my trip report. Here is my pre-trip report if you would like to read it.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-third-time-is-a-charm-for-mom-and-maddie.903762/#post-7073169

We are Mom & Maddie and this is our third trip to Walt Disney World.
Mom and Maddie.JPG

Details:
Dates: Monday, February 22 - Monday, February 29, 2016 (8 days, 7 nights)
Resort: Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Little Mermaid
Tickets: 6 day tickets with park hopper

Thanks for following along and I hope you enjoy my trip report.

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
Enjoying your TR! I feel so bad for you - it stinks to be sick at Disney!! It happened to me a couple of years ago but not until the very end. I'm glad you were still able to have a good time.
Thank you! Being sick at Disney really is the worst but I made the best of it and listened to my body. When I needed to stop, I stopped. At home I would have been in bed but no way was I going to do that at Disney!

LisaBelle

I am so glad that you posted your TR :). I knew you were arriving the day we were departing and I kept watching for your TR and was worried you weren't going to do one this time.
First off, Maddie is beautiful! She is looking so grown up! I know how teenage girls can be (mine is 16) so I understand why you didn't take many photos of her this trip. We love Memory Maker. I am always the one taking photos, so the photo pass pictures are generally the only ones that include me. My sister and I really loved having it when it was just the two of us. I would recommend doing it next trip (as long as Maddie is over her aversion to being photographed). Most of the photos turn out pretty well and I love the Magic Shots. It is a bit pricey, but in my opinion it has been worth it to get the ride photos and have photos of the entire group.
Soooo sorry you were sick during your trip. I'm glad that you didn't push yourself too much and were still able to have a good time.
The Behind the Seeds tour sounds great! It's cool that you are able to sample the food and purchase cuttings of the plants. What an awesome souvenir. My mouth is watering looking at the Sunshine Seasons strawberry shortcake you enjoyed for breakfast :hungry:. I love it and I forgot to eat it during our trip.
I didn't realize you'd never seen Wishes! I'm so glad you were finally able to see it. It is my favorite and I cry. Every. Single. Time. I have a CD of the soundtrack and I play it in my car all the time.
Your safari photos were wonderful! I think the animal you couldn't remember is an okapi. They were a favorite of my son when he was little!
Enjoying your report so far and am looking forward to more.

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
I am so glad that you posted your TR :). I knew you were arriving the day we were departing and I kept watching for your TR and was worried you weren't going to do one this time.
First off, Maddie is beautiful! She is looking so grown up! I know how teenage girls can be (mine is 16) so I understand why you didn't take many photos of her this trip. We love Memory Maker. I am always the one taking photos, so the photo pass pictures are generally the only ones that include me. My sister and I really loved having it when it was just the two of us. I would recommend doing it next trip (as long as Maddie is over her aversion to being photographed). Most of the photos turn out pretty well and I love the Magic Shots. It is a bit pricey, but in my opinion it has been worth it to get the ride photos and have photos of the entire group.
Soooo sorry you were sick during your trip. I'm glad that you didn't push yourself too much and were still able to have a good time.
The Behind the Seeds tour sounds great! It's cool that you are able to sample the food and purchase cuttings of the plants. What an awesome souvenir. My mouth is watering looking at the Sunshine Seasons strawberry shortcake you enjoyed for breakfast :hungry:. I love it and I forgot to eat it during our trip.
I didn't realize you'd never seen Wishes! I'm so glad you were finally able to see it. It is my favorite and I cry. Every. Single. Time. I have a CD of the soundtrack and I play it in my car all the time.
Your safari photos were wonderful! I think the animal you couldn't remember is an okapi. They were a favorite of my son when he was little!
Enjoying your report so far and am looking forward to more.
Thank you so much for reading. I am so VERY late posting my TR. My parents finally sold their house, downsized and moved closer to me. I had to help them with so much when I returned from Disney that I didn't have time to get the pictures ready, etc. It was such a long process for them. Now they are settled in thank goodness! Thank you for all your wonderful and helpful comments. You should try The Behind the Seeds tour on your next visit. We had so much fun and it is affordable! Getting sick was the worst but I did the best I could to make the most of the trip anyway. Wishes was wonderful, Disney magic at its best!

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
Day 6 - Saturday, 2/27/16, end

Maddie wanted to go to Epcot but I really wasn't sure I should go because I was feeling so poorly. I took some more medicine and decided to go. Her first stop was The Art of Disney store.
IMG1308.JPG

Jack
IMG1309.JPG
IMG1310.JPG

Keys
IMG1311.JPG

Love this!
IMG1312.JPG

IMG1314.JPG

Mulan Precious Moment
IMG1315.JPG

After walking around the shop for what seemed like forever, we rode Spaceship Earth. This ride never gets old. I find it so relaxing! Maddie wanted to go on Living with the Land so we did. I was feeling really dizzy and like I was going to faint. Not sure if it was the cold medicine or if my equilibrium was off due the being so stuffed up but I needed to go to bed. Maddie was so understanding and she felt bad for me. When we got back to the resort she went to the food court to fill our mugs but by the time she got back I was already fast asleep.
Next up, our last day.

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
Day 7 - Sunday, 2/28/16, last day

We had planned to concur the 4 parks in one day challenge today but I was too sick for that to happen. Maddie and I were both bummed because we had been talking about doing this for almost a year. I told Maddie to plan the day. I would do whatever she wanted to do. It was her day! Surprise, she really wanted to go back to Epcot. It is her favorite place at Disney World and we didn't know when we would be back. Maddie also took charge of the camera as she wanted to take photos of all the Flower and Garden stuff they had been putting up. We loved the Flower and Garden Festival last year and we were a bit sad to be missing it. We got on the bus to Epcot and went straight to Starbucks since this was the first thing on Maddie's agenda.

IMG1317.JPG

We watched the fountain while eating our breakfast and sipping on our beverages.

IMG1316.JPG

IMG1318.JPG

IMG1320.JPG

Next we walked over to the outdoor Pin shop to browse. We did some pin trading this trip but not as much as we did the previous year. I bought Maddie a special edition villain duo pin in a tin featuring Alice and The Red Queen.
IMG1321.JPG

Then we went to Mousegear where Maddie bought herself a stuffed Shellie May. She has the pillow pet of Shellie May that she got for Christmas but she wanted to bear to go with the Duffy that we own.
IMG1333.JPG

We heard music coming from the area near Test Track so we walked over there to check it out.
IMG1322.JPG

The Jammitors! We love watching these guys. They are really good!
IMG1323.JPG
IMG1324.JPG

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
Day 7 - Sunday, 2/28/16, cont.

Maddie found the Buzz Lightyear topiary!

IMG1325.JPG
IMG1326.JPG

Mission Space, we have never ridden this but maybe someday we will.
IMG1327.JPG

We loved Test Track and will ride it again for sure!
IMG1328.JPG

Lighting McQueen topiary with his wheel covered

IMG1329.JPG

I see Mater too!
IMG1330.JPG

Maddie asked to ride Spaceship Earth so we did that.
IMG1331.JPG
IMG1332.JPG

Then we went to Club Cool so Maddie could get one of her favorites, the flavor from Japan
IMG1319.JPG

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster

After club cool we just walked around while Maddie took photos. I was enjoying this more restful park touring day in between blowing my nose at least 1000 times! Ugh!

Monorail
IMG3074.JPG
IMG3075.JPG

It is just so beautiful!
IMG1334.JPG
IMG1335.JPG
IMG1336.JPG

Fantasia Topiary
IMG1339.JPG
IMG1340.JPG
Mickey!
IMG1341.JPG
IMG1342.JPG
IMG1343.JPG

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster

Maddie was in the mood for a Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar so we stopped to get one near The Seas with Nemo & Friends. I bought myself a Mickey pretzel and we sat down to enjoy our snack. We decided to ride Nemo and then walk around the world.

IMG1346.JPG
IMG1347.JPG
IMG1344.JPG
IMG1345.JPG
IMG1348.JPG
IMG1349.JPG
IMG1350.JPG

We started off in Canada. We explored the area and Maddie took photos. Then we stopped to watch O Canada! We had never taken the time to see this and we both enjoyed it. I have visited Canada several times and Maddie has been to Montreal. It was nice to learn more about our close neighbors.
IMG1351.JPG
IMG1356.JPG
IMG1357.JPG

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster

Next up is France. I love the bakery here and Maddie got a ham and cheese croissant but I wanted to try Katsura Grill in Japan so I decided to wait to have lunch.

IMG1383.JPG
IMG1384.JPG

Look, you can see the hot air balloon from Disney Springs
IMG1385.JPG
IMG1387.JPG
IMG1389.JPG
IMG1390.JPG
IMG1391.JPG

Beauty and the Beast, these are so detailed!
IMG1393.JPG
IMG1394.JPG
IMG1395.JPG

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster

We continued our walk around WS. I am glad that we were able to take this slow stroll around. We both picked up on little details that we never noticed before. Magic Kingdom is still my favorite park at Walt Disney World but Epcot comes very, very close. I love it! I believe plans are in the works to make changes here but I hope they do not change too much. Walking around the countries is just so wonderful! I won't be able to visit many of these in my lifetime so it is great that I get to experience just a little bit while at Epcot.

Morocco
IMG1396.JPG
IMG1399.JPG

Spaceship Earth across the lake
IMG1397.JPG

IMG1398.JPG

IMG1386.JPG
And we are in Japan, Maddie's favorite place! She picked up a Learn Japanese book here last year and purchased another on this trip. She also got a children's picture dictionary. She has been using them this summer and is realizing just how difficult it is to learn a new language as complex as Japanese. She took Spanish for three years and decided not to continue this year but found Spanish a lot easier to learn then Japanese.
IMG1401.JPG
IMG1403.JPG
IMG1404.JPG
IMG1405.JPG
IMG1407.JPG

Beckett

Props to Maddie for wanting to learn different languages :) hola Maddie, que bueno que estás aprendiendo español, es un hermoso idioma. Espero que te hayas divertido en Epcot con tu mamá :cat: es nuestro parque favorito también!

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
Props to Maddie for wanting to learn different languages :) hola Maddie, que bueno que estás aprendiendo español, es un hermoso idioma. Espero que te hayas divertido en Epcot con tu mamá :cat: es nuestro parque favorito también!
Thank you! I think she may go into International Studies/World Culture when she is older with a language or two in there as well. She is very interested in other cultures and would like to live somewhere other then the US some day. She loved that you wrote to her in Spanish.

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster

Wow, it has been a long time since I updated my trip report. Work has been crazy busy and so has life. Here I go trying to finish!

We continued our tour of World showcase in Epcot stopping in America.
Look how handsome Woody is!
IMG1409.JPG

IMG1410.JPG

IMG1411.JPG

We passed through Italy without taking very many photos but we did get a bit distracted in the shops as I recall.
IMG1412.JPG

IMG1413.JPG

Next up is Germany. We stopped to say hello to Snow White!
IMG1414.JPG

I took this photo of one of the clocks in the shop. My grandmother has one similar to this. I loved when that little bird would pop out of the door. Such fond memories!
IMG1421.JPG

Next up, lots of train photos!

Last edited:

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster

My dad has collected toy trains since he was a boy. He is very excited to have a basement again because he plans to set them up. I took these photos for him but Maddie and I love this display.

IMG1415.JPG

IMG1416.JPG

IMG1417.JPG

IMG1418.JPG

IMG1419.JPG

IMG1420.JPG

We met some friends from the Lion King along the way!
IMG1422.JPG

IMG1423.JPG

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster

Maddie wanted to explore China and took all of the photos you will see posted here. It is so beautiful that we spent some time really enjoying this area. We stopped to watch Reflections of China. It was wonderful!

IMG1424.JPG
IMG1425.JPG
IMG1426.JPG
IMG1427.JPG
IMG1428.JPG
IMG1429.JPG
IMG1430.JPG
IMG1431.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom