Moleskin? Blister protection! Where to buy?

Soarin' Over Pgh

Hi!

15 days to go, woohoo!

I've looked locally for Moleskin (is that its actual name??) and can't find it. Am I looking for the wrong thing? Is there a comparable item I can easily find at Target, or (gawd, if I must) Walmart?

My shoes are well broken in, but just in case, I'd like to have something handy! Bringing an extra pair as well...and sandals!

Nemo14

Hi!

15 days to go, woohoo!

I've looked locally for Moleskin (is that its actual name??) and can't find it. Am I looking for the wrong thing? Is there a comparable item I can easily find at Target, or (gawd, if I must) Walmart?

My shoes are well broken in, but just in case, I'd like to have something handy! Bringing an extra pair as well...and sandals!

I've found it at our local drug stores and also at Walmart. It's usually with all the "foot" products.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

Ahh, ok! I thought it was an actual brand I was looking for, LOL

Awesome. It's the ****LAST**** thing I need to pick up for my trip!

I'm packed and ready to go! Now, to get over my airplane anxiety.... haha
The only place I have seen the Blister product is Walmart. I just bought some. I keep it and the moleskin in my luggage, so it doesn't get forgotten. My husband swears by the Blister product. He gets blisters under and between his toes without it. I take moleskin also, but he prefers the Blister. They are side by side at Walmart.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
The only place I have seen the Blister product is Walmart. I just bought some. I keep it and the moleskin in my luggage, so it doesn't get forgotten. My husband swears by the Blister product. He gets blisters under and between his toes without it. I take moleskin also, but he prefers the Blister. They are side by side at Walmart.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is a great idea bring both just in case! Just having the both of them will greatly reduce your chance of getting a blister!

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Any place that sells Dr. Scholl's products will probably carry it. Looks like this:
dr.-scholls-moleskin-plus-4-5-8-inch-x-3-3-8-inch-padding-3-count-packages-pack-of-8.jpg

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

You can really use anything you have. The moleskin you find in the stores now has 3 things going for it. 1) It's cushiony 2) It's easy to cut 3) It's adhesive so it stays
All you are trying to do is to create a doughnut shaped area that goes around the blister, to help protect it from popping, and from continuing to get irritated. Duct tape usually works well, which almost everyone has.

Upvote 0

luv

I am not a fan of moleskin, really. But I do see it in all the foot care sections.

I much prefer band-aid blister block. It's more expensive, but works better, doesn't have to be cut up and doesn't grab hold of your sock at its edge the way moleskin does. Moleskin actually created a problem for me because my sock bunched up around it.

For whatever that's worth, there you have it. :)

Upvote 0

melmood2000

I can't wear moleskin either it just doesn't agree with my feet especially in the Florida heat. I LOVE the bandaid blister block, I just need to put it on once in the morning and it works all day for me. It looks like a stick of deodorant goes on smooth and doesn't buch up your sock or rub on your shoes.

Upvote 0

luv

I can't wear moleskin either it just doesn't agree with my feet especially in the Florida heat. I LOVE the bandaid blister block, I just need to put it on once in the morning and it works all day for me. It looks like a stick of deodorant goes on smooth and doesn't buch up your sock or rub on your shoes.
Ok, the band-aid blister block I use is different.

The stuff I use is little padded things. You put them on and they stay on for days...through swimming, walking, showering, etc. they're very cushy and protect your feet.

I've also found that if your feet even begin to twinge, you should immediately leave and get those feet into the pool. Nothing will better prevent a blister from rearing its ugly head faster than a pool. But you have to keep them in there for quite a while.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

melmood2000

Ok, the band-aid blister block I use is different.

The stuff I use is little padded things. You put them on and they stay on for days...through swimming, walking, showering, etc. they're very cushy and protect your feet.

I've also found that if your feet even begin to twinge, you should immediately leave and get those feet into the pool. Nothing will better prevent a blister from rearing its ugly head faster than a pool. But you have to keep them in there for quite a while.

Good luck!
Oh sorry I got the name wrong, it is the band-aid friction block.

Upvote 0

NeedMoreMickey

I use moleskin all the time. Make sure you round off the ends when you cut it to keep it from rolling in your sock. It also works other places like strap that is rubbing. My step daughter used it in her girls halloween costume when it was lace and itchy. Little strip of moleskin on the material and no more itch.

Upvote 0

Hot Lava

They sell those blister "band-aids" everywhere also. I never shop at Walmart and I have them and I have pretty much seen them everywhere. Although maybe it makes a difference if you live in or around a large city. I dislike the moleskin. Used it a lot when I played sports in high school. I too prefer the blister blocks.

In addition, you might want to try to nip the problem before it happens. First, invest in some socks that are double layer. That doesn't mean thick. I have some awesome Wrightsocks that are double layer and very thin. I know you can get them at REI (now that I know what I like, I get them online). Plus they wick moisture. Wicking is very important regarding blisters as well.

I would also get a body glide stick. They are used by runners to prevent chafing and will also work really well if you put it on blister prone area before walking. Try it out before your trip. I know you can order it all over the internet, but any running store should have it. I know Road Runner Sports carries it.

I know that there are people who sweat excessively who use anti-antiperspirant deodorant on their feet as well.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom