Moderator Approval

Frescodecacao

I've been running into this issue a lot lately, so I'm not if someone could have reported me at some point or something (even though I can't think of anything controversial I said). The latest one is a post I answered on the trip planning - no links, no photos, no references to any product, no bad language. This was from a few hours ago, so I'm really not sure what was wrong in it but it seems like there's a flag on my posts lately
i'm pretty new and it asks for moderator approval for all of my posts with gifs on it, apparently gifs arent allowed?

The Mom

Premium Member
i'm pretty new and it asks for moderator approval for all of my posts with gifs on it, apparently gifs arent allowed?

There are certain things that trigger the censor (even I don't know all of them, lol) and apparently if someone who just joined (measured by both time and #of posts) posts certain things (even certain words) it is triggered because so many spammers use them.

Sorry for the inconvenience it may cause, but if you've ever tried to read here if a bot somehow slips through you'd understand why it has to be done.

The Mom

Premium Member
Just a FYI - if you are a new poster/don't have many posts links are a problem. So, if you must post one, be prepared to wait for approval. Or don't post any until you have been around longer. ;)

LittleBuford

I've noticed that if I edit an exiting post of mine, the post sometimes disappears from public view while awaiting moderator approval. Is there no way of leaving the earlier unedited version of the post up until the moderator has a chance to review and approve the updated version?

The Mom

Premium Member
I've noticed that if I edit an exiting post of mine, the post sometimes disappears from public view while awaiting moderator approval. Is there no way of leaving the earlier unedited version of the post up until the moderator has a chance to review and approve the updated version?

Again, it's all automatic.

LittleBuford

Again, it's all automatic.

Sorry, I should have expressed myself more clearly. What I was trying to ask is whether the moderators could change the automatic settings to prevent the situation I described. This would delay any new edits from being shown but not remove the existing version of the post. Perhaps there's no way of configuring your system to do this, but I wanted to check.

NotZacHoward

Sorry to bump and old thread but I just had a question about this as well. I was doing a trip report "Summerpalooza" and it was awaiting approval but now it seems to have been deleted. If I broke any rules or anything that I am not aware of please let me know so I do not do it again! I have read the terms and conditions and I dont think I see anything I did wrong. Please just let me know. Thanks!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Sorry to bump and old thread but I just had a question about this as well. I was doing a trip report "Summerpalooza" and it was awaiting approval but now it seems to have been deleted. If I broke any rules or anything that I am not aware of please let me know so I do not do it again! I have read the terms and conditions and I dont think I see anything I did wrong. Please just let me know. Thanks!
The thread should be visible again. Sometimes adding external content (like YT videos) can flag the thing is spam. I can see in this case it isn't.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Sorry, I should have expressed myself more clearly. What I was trying to ask is whether the moderators could change the automatic settings to prevent the situation I described. This would delay any new edits from being shown but not remove the existing version of the post. Perhaps there's no way of configuring your system to do this, but I wanted to check.
Sorry no there isn't a way to achieve that. Only a very small number of posts get placed into a queue, so it shouldn't cause you much of an issue going forward.

orlandogal22

I just joined a day or so ago. I was engaging in conversation with others who shared my opinion. I tried to respond for hours with relevant responses and kept getting "awaiting moderator approval" for every single comment. After waiting a bit for the response to show up, I simply deleted it. I waited this morning to try and write a response again, relevant to the conversation, but it told me again that I was waiting approval.

Why are all of my comments awaiting approval now? I didn't say anything bad, only am contributing to the conversation. Did someone report me for my opinion? Please help! Thanks!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I just joined a day or so ago. I was engaging in conversation with others who shared my opinion. I tried to respond for hours with relevant responses and kept getting "awaiting moderator approval" for every single comment. After waiting a bit for the response to show up, I simply deleted it. I waited this morning to try and write a response again, relevant to the conversation, but it told me again that I was waiting approval.

Why are all of my comments awaiting approval now? I didn't say anything bad, only am contributing to the conversation. Did someone report me for my opinion? Please help! Thanks!
We have some automated systems which attempt to help us reduce/eliminate spam. Occasionally the system incorrectly flags real posts for moderation. Apologies your posts got delayed.

The Mom

Premium Member
Hi, two of my comments in the past 24 hours have received the "awaiting moderator approval" message. The first one disappeared altogether, and I don't believe I broke any rules, so that's why I'm asking about this. As Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman, I wouldn't want to make the company look bad!
6. Do not bump threads unless you have something else to add to the discussion. Additionally, replying to discussions which have been inactive for several months or longer should be avoided unless you have something of value to add.

This is why one post was flagged, and deleted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom