Moderator Approval

PeakSeason

Original Poster
When I post a picture I get a message saying no one can see my post until it's approved by a moderator. Is this something that will always be in place, or at some point will I earn the privilege to post photos spontaneously?

PeakSeason

Original Poster
I wanted to do a live trip report during my trip next week, but I'm not understanding how that would work? I mean, if every photo is held up for approval, which sometimes takes many hours, how do people keep continuity in their live reports here? Obviously people manage but it defeats the purpose of doing it live.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I wanted to do a live trip report during my trip next week, but I'm not understanding how that would work? I mean, if every photo is held up for approval, which sometimes takes many hours, how do people keep continuity in their live reports here? Obviously people manage but it defeats the purpose of doing it live.
I won’t go into how posts get moderated for security purposes, but I would not expect you to see any delays.

drod1985

I’m getting the same notice when I post links. I understand it’s a good practice to keep the community clean and contributions meaningful, but I would like to know at what point my posts won’t be filtered anymore.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I’m getting the same notice when I post links. I understand it’s a good practice to keep the community clean and contributions meaningful, but I would like to know at what point my posts won’t be filtered anymore.
For obvious reasons I cant say how it works :), but the few that you had moderated today were particularly spam-like in their make-up. Obviously it wasn't spam, but the posts contained words commonly used in spam, along with links. So it hit several flags in our spam detection system.

PrincessJasmyn

For obvious reasons I cant say how it works :), but the few that you had moderated today were particularly spam-like in their make-up. Obviously it wasn't spam, but the posts contained words commonly used in spam, along with links. So it hit several flags in our spam detection system.

I just posted part of my trip report and received the same notification as above. Just want to know what the average time frame for approval is?

many thanks!!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I, too, seek moderator approval. In the case of @wdwmagic large sums of money work. Expensive but simple. @The Mom insists that I spend a couple of months out of each calendar year tending to her ostrich herd. Also expensive because I'm unemployed during this time and she doesn't pay me, but truth be told, I like being outside in the weather and I'm really getting attached to those crazy, crazy critters. @Eeyore insists that I eat a plate of "really hot buffalo wings". Doesn't sound like a big deal, but man, those things are hard to eat. Anyway, I'm still not sure if I've found approval, but seek it have I.

The Mom

Premium Member
I, too, seek moderator approval. In the case of @wdwmagic large sums of money work. Expensive but simple. @The Mom insists that I spend a couple of months out of each calendar year tending to her ostrich herd. Also expensive because I'm unemployed during this time and she doesn't pay me, but truth be told, I like being outside in the weather and I'm really getting attached to those crazy, crazy critters. @Eeyore insists that I eat a plate of "really hot buffalo wings". Doesn't sound like a big deal, but man, those things are hard to eat. Anyway, I'm still not sure if I've found approval, but seek it have I.

It's a rhea herd, not ostrich.

LouP

Hello,
I recently tried posting a new thread, and then several days later, a new message in the Imagineer forum, and both were flagged as awaiting moderation. They have both since disappeared, and I haven't heard anything about their status.

The thread and post were about me promoting my new book, and I included links to the publisher's website and to Amazon.

I had posted about my first book 2 years ago, and while another forum member said something about it being against the rules, I never heard anything from the Moderators about it so I assumed it would be fine to do the same thing this time.

Are there rules about advertising/promotions on the site? I looked could not find anything about this.

Can one of the Moderators please let me know what happened to my posts?

If I've violated the rules, I apologize.

Thanks!

Lou Prosperi

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Hello,
I recently tried posting a new thread, and then several days later, a new message in the Imagineer forum, and both were flagged as awaiting moderation. They have both since disappeared, and I haven't heard anything about their status.

The thread and post were about me promoting my new book, and I included links to the publisher's website and to Amazon.

I had posted about my first book 2 years ago, and while another forum member said something about it being against the rules, I never heard anything from the Moderators about it so I assumed it would be fine to do the same thing this time.

Are there rules about advertising/promotions on the site? I looked could not find anything about this.

Can one of the Moderators please let me know what happened to my posts?

If I've violated the rules, I apologize.

Thanks!

Lou Prosperi
Promoting your own book on someone else’s site?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It's a book about Disney Imagineering, so it's not as if it's entirely unrelated.

Thanks!

Lou Prosperi
You’re trying to promote your book on someone else’s site. The content in irrelevant. This site isn’t here to be an advertising billboard for your tome (or anyone else).

LouP

You’re trying to promote your book on someone else’s site. The content in irrelevant. This site isn’t here to be an advertising billboard for your tome (or anyone else).

Okay... I get that.

But here's my dilemma. In this case I have a product that I think a fair number of the people who frequent this forum and site would be interested in and could get value from. How do you propose I let those people know about it? Would it be okay if I were posting about a book I'd found written by someone else? In that case, couldn't I find someone to join the forum just to plug my book for me?

On a related note. has there been any consideration for a board specifically for promotion?

Thanks!

Lou Prosperi

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Okay... I get that.

But here's my dilemma. In this case I have a product that I think a fair number of the people who frequent this forum and site would be interested in and could get value from. How do you propose I let those people know about it? Would it be okay if I were posting about a book I'd found written by someone else? In that case, couldn't I find someone to join the forum just to plug my book for me?

On a related note. has there been any consideration for a board specifically for promotion?

Thanks!

Lou Prosperi
Hi.

Have a read of Terms and rules - this should fill you in on the details. If afterwards you need any clarification, drop me a private message.

Thanks!

LouP

Hi.

Have a read of Terms and rules - this should fill you in on the details. If afterwards you need any clarification, drop me a private message.

Thanks!

Thanks for pointing me there. I looked through the forums for something about rules, but never thought to check the site help.

Sorry for any trouble I may have caused.

Thanks!

Lou

Spash007

I've been running into this issue a lot lately, so I'm not if someone could have reported me at some point or something (even though I can't think of anything controversial I said). The latest one is a post I answered on the trip planning - no links, no photos, no references to any product, no bad language. This was from a few hours ago, so I'm really not sure what was wrong in it but it seems like there's a flag on my posts lately

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom