Moderates vs Value

thewdwguru

In general, what are the differences in Values vs Mod's? Longer bus ride to parks? smaller rooms? etc? I will be going in Dec with my 2 year old. Would it better to stay at the mods or values for his naps? etc? I prefer to stay at the contemp but I cant afford $300+ a night!

Thanks

freakman

What I learned in Septmeber...

If you stay at all star stay you may want to consider staying at the all star sports....in the event of bus sharing you will be the first dropped off and the first picked up so you get the seats. In the event of a busy time the All star movies people stand since they are the last picked up

Also as of Sept 25 the all star resorts do not share buses during the busy time of park closing....at least that was the way it was the week when I was there.. A CM told me it was the first time they did it that way

Upvote 0

mhead

Go with a moderate! There is very little difference in price and it is just much better! There is mopre than one bus stop versus the one common stop for each all star or pop. The room size may not sound like musch but it really makes a difference (we did not notice it until we began travelling with a baby) and the two sinks are great!

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Let's let the numbers speak:

Value Season:
Value: $79
Mod: $139

Regular Season:
Value: $99
Mod: $155

No matter what season, 2 rooms at a value are less than 1 deluxe room:

Animal Kingdom/Wilderness Lodge (the cheapest deluxes)
Value: $205
Regular $249

Upvote 0

Erika

mhead said:
Go with a moderate! There is very little difference in price and it is just much better!

Some people truthfully prefer the theming of the value resorts. My former boss could easily afford the nicer hotels (or DVC, for that matter) but they love the kitschy look of All Stars and Pop. They go once or twice a year and do Value every time.

Upvote 0

mills

I don't have kids and I can understand the penny pinching, but when you compare resorts, I think the values don't stack up to the views and service of the moderates. I stayed at the Coronado last year and the Caribbean this year and the views, resturaunts(sp?) and service didn't compare to the Pop or All stars. We stayed in the 80's section of Pop and had to walk through the parking lot to get to bus stop/food court.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom