Moderate Resorts

Chropistopy

My family and I are trying to plan a trip to WDW in July. We are debating about staying in one of the moderate resorts. We want to stay at the Polynesian but we don't think our money situation will allow us to. Can someone offer opinions on the moderates? Location? Theming? Size? Thanks!

Huggups

The only moderate resort I've stayed at is the Carribean Beach Resorts. I've stayed there a few times over the years and we always had a good experience. There are several colorful units named after the many Carribean Islands, Barbados, Jamaica, Aruba, etc. The rooms are really nice and clean. This resort is situated near MGM. The pool areas are beautiful and there is a food court and restaurant. Of course, since I've stayed there alot of other moderate resorts are opened but this one would be a good choice.

You should check out some vacation packages though. There are some really good packages on Orbitz.com. Maybe you can find an affordable package for the Polynesian:)

Upvote 0

FatBoy976

There really isn't much of a difference in size between moderate and value. Value just costs more, you still get two beds. If money is a problem, I recommend staying at one of the All-Stars.

Upvote 0

Huggups

Check out WDWIG.com website :cool: There is a resort picture gallery and a guest comment section on Carribean Beach and other Disney resorts. May be a help in deciding.

Upvote 0

fngoofy

IMHO Port Orleans Riverside is one of the better moderates. Also, I think there is a heck of a difference between the All Stars and Moderates. You will like the themeing and amenities of the moderates better, and at a difference of only like $20 a night, it is well worth it.

Upvote 0

lildivaaa

You might want to give the Port Orleans Resorts a try. Either the French Quarter or Riverside (my personal favorite). Very calm, relaxing atmosphere. The Sasagola River running through the middle of it all, with direct boat transportation to Downtown Disney. The resorts are basically in the middle of MGM and Epcot.

Give it a thought,

Craig - Atlanta, Ga.
2 days and counting until WDW!!!!!

Upvote 0

radgriff

I just got back from WDW Sunday - We stayed at All Stars- Movies. I usually stay at Port Orleans-French Quarter. I really enjoy Port Orleans much better. Nothing against All Stars but Port Orleans is soooo much calmer and just a nicer resort. I would say try Port Orleans.

Upvote 0

jcmayid

I say go for any of the moderates, I've stayed at them all except the Coronado Springs and they all have been nicer then the value resorts. Anyway, try calling several times before you actually make your reservations, request a special rate, ask if there's any available. It worked for me, We ended up getting once a cabin for 6 people in Ft Wilderness resort and campoground for a mere $152 per night. That was the absolute coolest place we have styaed at period.

Upvote 0

AJAX

POFQ

You'll love it! Nice and tidy, great pool for the kids, first stop on the POFQ/POR bus loop going & coming, just all kinds of neat things to reccomend it.

Upvote 0

Nala59

We've stayed at Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach & Dixie Landings before it was part of Port Orleans. Our personal favorite is Caribbean Beach.

We stayed at All Star's Music Resort... once was enough. I'll never stay at an All Star Resort again. Our kids are older now though, so that makes a difference. If you go with small kids the All Star Resorts are probably fine. The rooms at the All Star Resorts are a bit smaller too though.

Polynesian was beautiful though... but I stayed there on my honeymoon... before any of the kids! :animwink:

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

PORiverside is a super resort and is my personal favourite of all the resorts including the Deluxes I know it isn't on the monorail but the atmosphere is so tranquiland the boatride to DTD something else.

Upvote 0
My vote is for POFQ too! It's clean, small enough to easily get around, awesome boat and bus service, a great pool (I LOVE THAT POOL!) and the hot tub is separate from the pool so it tends to be more adult and less splashing little kids.

However, I do love Coronado too. I think they have the best food court area of any of the moderates and they too have a great pool. We just haven't always had the best service there.

As a matter of fact, I'll tell you about the bad service. My father had an unexpected heart angioplasty about 4 weeks before our WDW wedding and my parents were staying at Coronado. We needed a room near the main building and preferred a room on the bottom floor. We also requested a wheel chair. Well, the room they got was all the way in the back of the resort, on the third floor, far from an elevator and they had NO WORKING WHEELCHAIRS! My sisters made sure my mom had help getting my dad back and forth to the bus stop and restaurants. I went to our hotel's front desk -- the Wilderness Lodge -- and they were amazing, giving us a wheelchair for my parent's whole stay even though they weren't staying there and offering to try to mediate to get a better room for my parents. The only thing Coronado did right was that my sister's were near my parents, though not in the next room.

So I only recommend Coronado if you don't have any special requests!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

well as a Moderate afficianado I highly recommend them. I have stayed at Coronado, Carribean and POFrench Quarter. All were beautiful although I think for the pool section the Coronado is still my favorite!! My Mom preferred French Quarter as it was a bit easier to walk around as it isnt so big or spread out. I have had good experiences at the Carribean and the friends preferred the food court there to the others. I am going May 18th to the PO Riverside so I let you know after that although I hear that is the best of the bunch. I think it is overall an affordable choice with some nice amenities and great theming. Right now Disney is running a special for the summer for these rooms for $94.00 a night check it out on th Official website!! Good luck!! :animwink:

Upvote 0

Lance

POFQ is very nice and compact, the best theming of all moderates. Not a lot of walking.

PO Riverside is the best in my opinion, best food court, best arcade! Great theming.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom