Moderate Resorts???

Birdflu

My wife and I just got back from our honeymoon 2 weeks ago at Port Orleans Riverside.. We visited once before, 2 years ago, and stayed at All Star Movies (which was great).. She had stayed at Contempo and French Quarter when she was younger but I had never been to a moderate.. we both can say it was absolutely awesome.. There really is quite a difference compared to an All Star.. it was much more relaxing and felt much more like we were at a resort, not just a hotel. They also were very kind and bumped us to a river view, king-size bed room for free in one of the mansion houses since it was our honeymoon. I highly suggest checking it out.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

I've stayed at 3/4 of them and really liked them all but of the 3 I like Coronado the best. I love the rooms, pool, Pepper Market, am iance, grounds and bus service.

Upvote 0

DisneyNut7578

I didn't think that CSR held 5 either. :shrug:

I looked it up - CSR will hold up to 6 in their Jr. Suite, but it looks like it's about twice the price of POR.

True, if you don't want to dole out the extra money, I guess you are limited to POR - Which still is awesome!!!

Does anyone know why POR is 5 per room and everywhere else isn't? I mean, the have the trundle bed, yes, but why couldn't you just rent a ______. Or what if you have a kid that's like 3 or 4 that could sleep with you.

Maybe it's fire code, but the rooms are the same sq feet, aren't they?

Upvote 0

Mr Toad

I loved both Coronado Springs and PO Riverside. Pick a resort that seems more inline to your personal taste. You really can't go wrong :).

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

True, if you don't want to dole out the extra money, I guess you are limited to POR - Which still is awesome!!!

Does anyone know why POR is 5 per room and everywhere else isn't? I mean, the have the trundle bed, yes, but why couldn't you just rent a ______. Or what if you have a kid that's like 3 or 4 that could sleep with you.

Maybe it's fire code, but the rooms are the same sq feet, aren't they?

That's what I was thinking...I wish trundle beds could be added to CBR! :wave:

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

Port Orleans....

We have only stayed at the Port Orleans but we've been in both FQ and R. When we stayed on the PO:R we stayed on the Magnolia Bend side and loved it. Peaceful and relaxing. PO:FQ has a more "fun" quality to it. Either way you can't lose with the PO. :)

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

My vote is for the Coronado Springs! It offers Delux options, has great dining, a club for adults, a lake with a marina, wonderful pools, a Gym Spa and Salon, and some of the best bus tranportation of any resort. BTW its beautiful!

Upvote 0
Ditto the above! We stayed there for the first time last March after many years in deluxe resorts, and were VERY pleasantly surprised. It felt deluxe all the way! I would stay there again in a heartbeat. It far surpasses the other moderates, IMHO!

Upvote 0

stargrl33

Port Orleans French Quarter:
Nice, small size makes it easy to get from point A to point B. The theming was amazing and I got a lot of great shots for my scrapbook of the architectural details. The room decor went well with the theme as well. I would def. stay here again!

Carribean Beach Resort:
I loved the theme but didn't think it was as well done as POFQ. I loved the music in the food court (Jimmy Buffett! Steel drums!) but the resort was just too large! It didn't really feel like home when I was there. I enjoyed it but would prefer to try something else or go back to POFQ.

Both of these resorts had good bus service. It felt like POFQ was closer to the parks, but it was three years ago so my memory might be off.

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

have to try CSR now after the reviews. CBR is great. big rooms, food court, pools, atmosphere, and transportation. POFQ, beds way too small! like kids beds. not much atmosphere. best thing is the boat to DTD. PORS looks great as i have visited bu never stayed. CBR for theming and overall value and cast service.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom