Moderate Resorts???

harveyt0206

Coronado Springs. Love it. Stayed there in March and really enjoyed the resort. Never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus and thought the bus stops were very conveniently located. I also enjoyed simply walking around the resort. Thought is was very pretty - especially at night.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

Coronado Springs! I love the fact that it offers queen beds and some deluxe amenities. It also has a great pool and awesome transportation.

Upvote 0

rob_and_kate

I love Coronado Springs, I love everything about it...apart from the size of it, which is why we decided to stay at POFQ for our trip this december. I have R.A which makes the walking round Coronado a little difficult after a long day in the park so we decided that the smaller size of POFQ might be a good thing - but a little worried that we won't love it as much as Coronado.

If the size of resort isn't an issue we would go with Coronado.

Upvote 0

neilzoid3

Another vote for Coronado Springs! I have stayed there about 8 times and loved it every time.

A really well-themed resort along with the main pool.
The lobby and main building are cool to check out and eat at.

A big overlooked "thing" about Coronado are the buses.
I find I have never really had issues with bussing in all of my times I've stayed there.

It is a decent size resort, with a walk around the entire lake being about 20 minutes with a decent pace, but not as big as Caribbean Beach.

Definitely my top Moderate resort! :wave:

Upvote 0

staceycrouton

We love Port Orleans French Quarter! It's the smallest moderate resort and is so peaceful after a day at the parks. The kids love the pool with it's dragon slide and the entire theme of the hotel. We also love to take the boat to Downtown Disney! For our family of four, this is the perfect moderate resort!

Upvote 0

Evil Genius

I've got to cast my vote for Port Orleans Riverside.

The grounds are just so lush and serene that you can really lose yourself in them just walking through the resort. After a long day in the parks or just morning is starting, nothing is better than just strolling through Aligator Bayou just taking in the landscaping and water ways. We just really feel like it's an escape from the chaos of the parks unlike many other resorts on property.

Plus...YeeHa Bob!

Upvote 0

travelgip

I have stayed at Carribbean Beach and HATED IT. Too big, felt like the busses didn't come regularly or that often and food court & pool were not great.
On the other hand, I have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and LOVED it. Great restaurant/lounge, bus stops are close to rooms and conveniently seem to come regularly and often.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

I have stayed at Carribbean Beach and HATED IT. Too big, felt like the busses didn't come regularly or that often and food court & pool were not great.
On the other hand, I have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and LOVED it. Great restaurant/lounge, bus stops are close to rooms and conveniently seem to come regularly and often.

I, on the other hand, stayed at CBR last October and loved everything about it. Loved the theming, the steel drum music, the pools, the beach, the food court. Everything. We had a rental car so I can't comment on the bos service, but that seems to be hit or miss everwhere. I'd highly recommend CBR. And overall, I recommend that you pick a moderate resort based on your preferred theming. :wave:

Upvote 0

BoardwalkGlenn

My rankings:

#1) POR - LOVE the plantation-style mansions, Sassagoula River, the landscape, food court, water wheel....very relaxing resort

#2) Coronado Springs - a BIG resort but still beautifully themed. great water slide/pool area, fun theming, and love the food at Pepper Market (get it to go and avoid teh 10% fee)

#3) Caribbean Beach - another large resort but was lucky enough to have a Preferred room. definitely more nightly activity here than other Mod resorts which was kinda fun, but it also made the hot tubs too crowded at night after a long day in the parks

have yet to stay at POFQ...maybe next time.

I would go back to POR and CSR in a heartbeat!!

Upvote 0

BoardwalkGlenn

I, on the other hand, stayed at CBR last October and loved everything about it. Loved the theming, the steel drum music, the pools, the beach, the food court. Everything. We had a rental car so I can't comment on the bos service, but that seems to be hit or miss everwhere. I'd highly recommend CBR. And overall, I recommend that you pick a moderate resort based on your preferred theming. :wave:

I agree. Pick a resort based on your preferred theming. I loved the southern feel of POR and the southwest/Mexico theme of CSR, so that's probably why I prefer those two. CBR is not bad, it's just I liked the other two more.

Upvote 0

Xethis

Coronado Springs is my favorite by far.

Great refurbishment recently. Good theming but not obnoxious. Great food in both the Pepper Market & the Maya Grill. Wake up early & go for a run around the lake which is just about 1 mi. Wind down at the amazing pool & hot tub complex.

Can't go wrong.

Upvote 0

DisneyNut7578

Which Moderate Resort would you choose? Just wondering??? :)

We go on multiple weekends and 2 week-long trip every year. During the week trips we always stay at moderates. For us, it's usually either CBR or POR. We have been to each at least 5 times each. We absolutely love the themeing of these two resorts, and they are relatively affordable - more so than a deluxe for an entire week. It just depends what you want - either the Caribbean feel or the old south. One thing I would recommend is watch where you stay if they put you at Alligator Bayou. Some of those building are very, very, very far from the main building. Same thing at CBR.

One thing I did notice about POR last time we were there is that Magnolia Bend is getting kind of beat up. They need to remodel some of the rooms because they are getting kind of shabby. The carpet is worn, there's marks on the walls, and the tub was kind of looking not so good. I just think Disney needs to put some work into these rooms, which they'll probably do since it's been a few yers since any updates have taken place.

The problem we have with CS is that it is also a convention center. We often saw people walking around in suits carrying briefcases and blackberries. I'm not sure, but it kind of took away from that "vacation" feeling to see people working. But then again, I work in an office, so maybe it reminded me of being at work. :) The upside to CS is that since it's a convention center, they offer great food! The quick service there is really good with items that are not typically on any other menu. I still remember the southwestern breakfast burrito I had there. MMMM!

So basically, I'd recommend POR, either riverside or French quarter, or CBR. Have fun with whatever you pick!

Upvote 0

SuzieN

I LOVE Port Orleans Riverside!!!!!!! It is such a gorgeous resort with lush, beautiful grounds, beautiful buildings, and the wonderful added perk of the boat ride to Downtown Disney!!! It also has a fantastic food court and great pools! French Quarter is nice too but I really prefer the theming of Riverside. I would suggest that you look at lots of pictures and choose the theme that appeals to you most. Happy planning!!!!

Upvote 0

WVParkfan

Coronado Springs is our favorite, but this year we were going to try Port Orleans. That is, until we discovered that we could stay at a Deluxe for the price of a mod. Always wanted to stay in the Epcot area, so we're giving the Swan a try this year. Can't wait!

Upvote 0

L2DAVI

We love Port Orleans French Quarter! It's the smallest moderate resort and is so peaceful after a day at the parks. The kids love the pool with it's dragon slide and the entire theme of the hotel. We also love to take the boat to Downtown Disney! For our family of four, this is the perfect moderate resort!

POFQ:
I 100% agree with you! My DS love the slide and the boat was great especially when you have dinner reservations at another hotel. Just boat down to DTD and walk out to bus stop take bus to resort. No going from your hotel to a park then to a resort. I found the boat was quicker than waiting for the buses.

Upvote 0

10Magic

Coronado Springs. Love it. Stayed there in March and really enjoyed the resort. Never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus and thought the bus stops were very conveniently located. I also enjoyed simply walking around the resort. Thought is was very pretty - especially at night.
I agree strongly! Coronado Springs is especially great if you like a little more peace and quiet at the "quiet pools". Since there are so many convention-type guests, there are far fewer kids than any other resort I've stayed at. The quiet pools are REALLY quiet. The main pool is excellent, and yes, the bus service is teriffic. If you can find a Casitas building near Bus Stop 2, it's a bonus since that's the first of the four stops. You'll always have a bus seat in the morning, and be the first one off when you're exhausted at the end of the day or night.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom