Moderate Resort or Hotel Royal Plaza?

lilone

I need help, PLEASEEEEEE!!! I have a reservation at the Hotel Royal Plaza for $69 a night/tower room. I have never stayed there before. I have always stayed on disney property, last year at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (LOVED IT) Should I hold out for a code and go to the Port Orleans-French Quarter or would I be just as happy with the Hotel Royal Plaza! Problem is, if I can't get a AP code (current Visa code won't help me) I really can't afford $144 a night. I know, I sound crazy, but I've always stayed on site, ie, will a DISNEY die hard enjoy it the same being in a NON-DISNEY hotel?? Any suggestions? I'm going June 19 for 7 nights!:hammer:

tigsmom

If it were me I'd hold out for on property. There are some new codes coming out...Kindom Konsultant is on top of things. I would rather stay in a Value Resort on property than stay off site, but hey, thats just me. :wave:

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by lilone
I need help, PLEASEEEEEE!!! I have a reservation at the Hotel Royal Plaza for $69 a night/tower room. I have never stayed there before. I have always stayed on disney property, last year at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (LOVED IT) Should I hold out for a code and go to the Port Orleans-French Quarter or would I be just as happy with the Hotel Royal Plaza! Problem is, if I can't get a AP code (current Visa code won't help me) I really can't afford $144 a night. I know, I sound crazy, but I've always stayed on site, ie, will a DISNEY die hard enjoy it the same being in a NON-DISNEY hotel?? Any suggestions? I'm going June 19 for 7 nights!:hammer:

I agree with tigsmom - I'd stay in a Disney Cardboard Box, on property than I would off-property. Such a "world" of difference!

I just booked for June with the CVT code (Disney Visa) and got PO Riverside for $89/nite! I don't understand why you can't use it, unless you just don't have the VISA card. They will come out with codes soon for non-card holders, I guarantee.

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

I would hold out. I'm sure there will be a discounts soon for Moderate Resorts. My guess would be for $89 a night. Hotel Royal Plaza is nice, but it doesn't have the charm of the Disney Resorts.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I'd rather stay at a Value on Disney Property than a higher priced Hotel elsewhere off.

It's just totally immersive and I love it. To never feel that you have "to leave" is great. But you already know that...

Upvote 0

Woody13

The Royal Plaza is on property. It is one of the Downtown Disney Hotels. The rooms are bigger and better than any of the WDW moderate resorts. The bus transportation to the parks is great (in many respects even better than the WDW bus system).

If I were you, I'd consider myself lucky to stay there.:D

Upvote 0

greg416

on property not worth it

I have stayed on property many times until last year I stayed at holiday in family suites and will be staying there again in early march . This hotel is the best , for 102 a night I get a three room suite, kids get there own themed bedroom with bunkbeds , there own 27inch tv, game system. There is a living room with couch that turns into a bed another 27inch tv, a mini fridge ,sink, and microwave, mom and dad have there own king size bedroom with another 27 in tv . There is a huge gameroom in the lobby , free breakfast buffet for all guests with everything you could imagine on it , there are so many family activities its unbelievable.I think this place puts the disney hotels too shame .

Upvote 0

Woody13

Re: on property not worth it

Originally posted by greg416
I have stayed on property many times until last year I stayed at holiday in family suites and will be staying there again in early march . This hotel is the best , for 102 a night I get a three room suite, kids get there own themed bedroom with bunkbeds , there own 27inch tv, game system. There is a living room with couch that turns into a bed another 27inch tv, a mini fridge ,sink, and microwave, mom and dad have there own king size bedroom with another 27 in tv . There is a huge gameroom in the lobby , free breakfast buffet for all guests with everything you could imagine on it , there are so many family activities its unbelievable.I think this place puts the disney hotels too shame .

Unfortunately, they have no bus transportation to the parks. Otherwise, it would be a good resort.

Upvote 0

Woody13

they have transportation to the park, check the website hifamilysuites.com

Sorry, but I can not recommend the HIFS transportation. Only four departures to MK per day is not a real transportation system at all IMO. It's a shame too, because if they provided buses on a frequent schedule (20 to 30 minutes) as do the WDW and Hotel Plaza Blvd. bus systems, then they would indeed have a real transportation system. You really need to have a car if you stay at HIFS because their transportation system is worthless (unless you enjoy camping out at bus stops:lol: ).

As I stated, it would be a good resort if they had frequent bus runs.:wave:

Upvote 0

greg416

well woody I drive from PA every year so I never use thier buses and with having my own vehicle hifs is definetly way better then disney.I can stay at port orleans in two bed ,one room hotel room ,pay 8 dollars for a cheeseburger and have a bus come every five minutes or i can stay in suite with free breakfast and many amenities for 102 a night.Hey now that nickolodeon bought the hotel I'm sure things will only get better.

Upvote 0

Woody13

well woody I drive from PA every year so I never use thier buses and with having my own vehicle hifs is definetly way better then disney.I can stay at port orleans in two bed ,one room hotel room ,pay 8 dollars for a cheeseburger and have a bus come every five minutes or i can stay in suite with free breakfast and many amenities for 102 a night.Hey now that nickolodeon bought the hotel I'm sure things will only get better.

I agree with you!:D It's a really great resort and it's just across the street (I-4) from the Pop Century. You are right. If you have a car, then the HIFS is a great place to stay. It is very child friendly and adults get their way too!:animwink: Lot's and lot's of room for sure!

I just put a high priority on the bus systems because many guests at WDW fly in and don't have cars. For your situation, the HIFS is a great deal!:wave:

Upvote 0

greg416

Ya but woody what i am saying if you shop around for a good rate like i did , its even worth it to stay at this place if you rent a car . I mean the breakfast buffet alone saves you a ton of money.
Not to mention they allow 6 people to a room unlike disney who allows four you have to pay for a deluxe resort for a family of five.What a deal that is you have a family of five and you have to pay 3500 bucks for a week at a disney resort I find that to be completly ridiculous!!!!

Upvote 0

lilone

Original Poster
Re: Re: Moderate Resort or Hotel Royal Plaza?

Originally posted by edwardtc
I agree with tigsmom - I'd stay in a Disney Cardboard Box, on property than I would off-property. Such a "world" of difference!

I just booked for June with the CVT code (Disney Visa) and got PO Riverside for $89/nite! I don't understand why you can't use it, unless you just don't have the VISA card. They will come out with codes soon for non-card holders, I guarantee.

Thanks for all the suggestions and comments! Unfortunately I don't have a Disney Visa and can't get one, sigh! So I do hope that they come out with a general public or AP code. There is nothing better than staying on property... and I hope I can get PO-French Quarter for $89/night, I'm dying to see the new renovations!!!!

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

Originally posted by Woody13
The Royal Plaza is on property. It is one of the Downtown Disney Hotels. The rooms are bigger and better than any of the WDW moderate resorts. The bus transportation to the parks is great (in many respects even better than the WDW bus system).

If I were you, I'd consider myself lucky to stay there.:D

I was down in October of last year and had occasion to stop in at the RP. The lobby is ornate and the hotel seems fully equipped. The location is a bit of a hike, but within walking distance to Downtown Disney. I don't think you can walk to any parks from any moderates. The buses run all day and night to the parks, just as they do from most moderates, so staying at Lake Buena Vista is not the same as, say, Main Gate on 192 or elsewhere down in Kissimmee.

lilone, the rate you are getting at RP is a GREAT price. If you book there, you will probably be happy with the room and the money you save. How much time are you going to spend in the room anyway? That is the question I always come back to when I am facing your decision.

Upvote 0

lilone

Original Poster
Originally posted by MKCP 1986
I was down in October of last year and had occasion to stop in at the RP. The lobby is ornate and the hotel seems fully equipped. The location is a bit of a hike, but within walking distance to Downtown Disney. I don't think you can walk to any parks from any moderates. The buses run all day and night to the parks, just as they do from most moderates, so staying at Lake Buena Vista is not the same as, say, Main Gate on 192 or elsewhere down in Kissimmee.

lilone, the rate you are getting at RP is a GREAT price. If you book there, you will probably be happy with the room and the money you save. How much time are you going to spend in the room anyway? That is the question I always come back to when I am facing your decision.

That's my dilemma! Fantastic rate $69 can't be beat and it's an upgrade to a tower room, through MOUSESAVERS, if anyone is wondering. Thanks for the different perspective and help!:brick:

Upvote 0

Danijo

HRP or Moderate?

My husband and I stayed at the HRP in 1996 before we had kids. The hotel was clean, convenient to Downtown Disney and because it was associate with Disney you got the free bus service to the parks. At that time, they also offered bus service to Universal, don't know if they still do...

But now that we have young kids and have stayed on-property I would never go back. The on-property hotels have so much more to offer like the Bedtime stories on TV and package delivery. You definitely pay for it, though!

I guess it depends on your plans for the trip, the ages of your kids, and the size of your wallet.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom