Votes: 6 10.2%
  • POR

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • POFQ

Votes: 32 54.2%

• Total voters

DisneyKid239

Original Poster
For an upcoming trip this either November or December I wanted to stay at a new moderate hotel that I haven’t been to since I’ve only been to Coronado Springs. So I was wondering if you guys can tell me which is your favorite and why from Caribbean Beach, POR, and POFQ

LeighM

I love Riverside!! We often walked to French Quarter as well. I prefer the size and food court at Riverside so we always stayed there. We stayed at Coronado in March and enjoyed it as well but the atmosphere at POR is so much nicer and more relaxed. And we like taking the boat to Disney Springs. Although, our bus experiences at Coronado were a lot better than that at Riverside. We're staying at Caribbean Beach next year and I'm excited to try something new again.

bee

POFQ gets my vote for the small size of the resort and the proximity to Riverside and DS, although we did have a little difficulty with transportation on our last stay there.

I think once the construction is complete at CBR I will be more willing to stay there again. I loved the room and the flowers and trees on the grounds, but the lack of restaurants (I don’t count a tent as a restaurant!) and the effects of the construction on the bus routes made me not want to wait to stay again.

I will almost always pick Coronado over the other three, though. 🙂

Last edited:

Rlandrigan

French Quarter - Great place, good rooms, ONE BUS STOP.

CBR's busses drove me crazy for a two day trip, i can't imagine doing that for longer. POFQ lacks a table service restaurant, but it's not like there's a lack of food at disney. The compact size and the calm pace make it our favorite. Riverside is a close second with a better pool and larger food court, but both far ahead of CBR right now.

MissMaryEli

We did one night at CB. It’s so big. Lots of walking. POR and POFQ are much smaller and easier to navigate. I just like the theming better at POR.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
My vote is for Port Orleans because it is a more spread out resort than French Quarter. The walks really are not that bad around the resort and the ferry to Downtown Disney Like MGM i can't let that go) are fantastic.

Darkseid

FQ is my absolute favorite, but Riverside is a close second. They both have the boat to DS. I like the smaller size of FQ, especially at night. I enjoy late night walks, and uh I kind of got lost at Riverside one night. I prefer the single bus stop at FQ, although it really didn't make a huge difference.

Ali Mouse

POFQ!
CBR would be my choice...but of course after renovations!We are booked for September 2019! We have a family of 5 so we have only stayed at POR and CBR. Transportation is so much better at CBR and my children loved the pool more. The renovations could be done at that time, but probably not. So I guess in your case you should stay at POR if you have 5 people, but if you have 4 people stay at POFQ...I have heard wonderful things about POFQ.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom