• Caribbean Beach

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • POR

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • POFQ

Votes: 32 54.2%

• Total voters

winstongator

We’ve stayed multiple times at Port Orleans Riverside and love it. I like the theming and the big central pool. Lots for my daughters to do. We use the quick service for breakfast for some days, but have not eaten at Boatwrights. If we are doing dinner in that area, we take the boat to Disney Springs.

We always have our car, so I’m not the best judge on the buses, but we still use them quite a bit. Once in a while we play bus bingo - whatever bus comes next is the park we go to.

It was where we stayed for our first long family trip, and first on-property stay so it has great memories. Now we choose it because it's our 'home' resort.

riverside

In all fairness I have never stayed at CBR or FQ. Frankly, I just can't stay away from POR!! Yes, it is a big resort & a lot of bus stops to go along along with it but I believe it's the same situation with CBR. POR(especially the mansion section) is a beautiful resort. It's so relaxing & nice to come back to after leaving the busy parks. The boat to DS is a plus--it's a nice change from the buses. Muddy Rivers is a nice, fun pool bar to have a drink at. The Riverside Mill has a lot of great selections. They have both a "make your own" salad & pasta section which are both very good. The food at Boatwright's is great. I had the jambalaya last month & I can't wait to have it again. We have done the carriage ride a few times & that is always fun. The jogging trail goes from Riverside to FQ-it's a great way to start the day. And last but definitely not least is YeHaa Bob. His show is so much fun & people of all ages can enjoy it. He plays Wednesday-Saturday at The River Roost Lounge. Just be sure to get there early for a seat b/c it fills up quickly!

Skibum1970

In all fairness I have never stayed at CBR or FQ. Frankly, I just can't stay away from POR!! Yes, it is a big resort & a lot of bus stops to go along along with it but I believe it's the same situation with CBR. POR(especially the mansion section) is a beautiful resort. It's so relaxing & nice to come back to after leaving the busy parks. The boat to DS is a plus--it's a nice change from the buses. Muddy Rivers is a nice, fun pool bar to have a drink at. The Riverside Mill has a lot of great selections. They have both a "make your own" salad & pasta section which are both very good. The food at Boatwright's is great. I had the jambalaya last month & I can't wait to have it again. We have done the carriage ride a few times & that is always fun. The jogging trail goes from Riverside to FQ-it's a great way to start the day. And last but definitely not least is YeHaa Bob. His show is so much fun & people of all ages can enjoy it. He plays Wednesday-Saturday at The River Roost Lounge. Just be sure to get there early for a seat b/c it fills up quickly!

Agreed. I like visiting the PortOrleans.net site when not at Disney. It is such a beautiful resort.

daisyduckie

Didn't care for CBR during my stay. I really like the feel and the size of POFQ. No matter where your room ends up, you are not that far away from anything. I swear at CBR it took half a day to get to the food court. Not really, but it sure felt like it at times!

Dog Ate Mouse

Caribbean beach is okay and have stayed there. Just not our style and spot to relax, PORS/Old Dixie Landings is our favorite Mod resort. We stay at Partiere place most of the time. The food court is great and the gift shop is wonderful, Easy access to DTD and you can rent bikes, go cane pole fishing or set up a Bass fishing trip, or rent a boat and the pool is nice and we love the quiet pools. Then add in Piano Bob at the bar next to the gift shop. POFQ is nice but we are not into the New Orleans Mardi gras theme. Small quaint and clean. Smaller food court that serves it's purpose. It really comes down to the theme you like. All are good but you really need to pick the theme that you like or would like to experience. Sorry that I could not straight outright tell you this resort for sure because I do not know you and your style that make you happy.

Sincerely
Dog Ate Mouse

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom