Mobile Magic TV Commercial FAIL!

brent2124

Original Poster
Has anyone seen the new Verizon Mobile Magic commercial? If you havent it features a family of 4 walking up Main Street and pulling out a phone to check and see what ride they should go to next. The phone shows Dumbo with a 15 minute wait and the father bolts out of the screen and the kids ask "wheres dad?". It then shows the family riding Dumbo.

Only problem is the Dad turns to the right and begins running toward The Crystal Palace and Adventureland. Does this sort of inaccuracy bother anyone else? It just seems like it would have been very easy to have the father run the opposite direction and been true to the park. The fact is that the people shooting the commercial probably had no clue at all that it was inaccurate.:hammer:

Krack

The dad is smart. He knows being stuck with three women at Disney World is a real drag, so he did the only reasonable thing ... he ducked into Adventureland and used the clutter caused by the Magic Carpet spinner and the distraction created by the completely out of place "middle eastern bazaar" themeing to escape from his family and free him up for an enjoyable and relaxing day by himself (riding attractions like Dumbo that he likes but his kids will complain are "uncool" and "not thrilling").

/can you tell I'm single with no kids?

hrcollectibles

Has anyone seen the new Verizon Mobile Magic commercial? If you havent it features a family of 4 walking up Main Street and pulling out a phone to check and see what ride they should go to next. The phone shows Dumbo with a 15 minute wait and the father bolts out of the screen and the kids ask "wheres dad?". It then shows the family riding Dumbo.

Only problem is the Dad turns to the right and begins running toward The Crystal Palace and Adventureland. Does this sort of inaccuracy bother anyone else? It just seems like it would have been very easy to have the father run the opposite direction and been true to the park. The fact is that the people shooting the commercial probably had no clue at all that it was inaccurate.:hammer:

Doesn't bother me... I have lot more serious things to worry about other than a commercial that is inaccurate....

Wilt Dasney

If he had run the opposite way, he'd be running toward Tomorrowland, no? Based on the angle you're describing (with Adventureland on the right), it sounds like he should have run straight at the camera! :lol:

RonAnnArbor

First -- I would ditch the family first too --

Second -- what do you expect from a Verizon commercial? They've been misleading the country with their ads for years, this one shows how "off target" they actually are...

Third -- The entire commercial doesn't make sense. They took a great opportunity to "sell" the Disney App, and couldn't pull it off. They are selling something that iPhone Apps have had for several years now, including the amazingly accurate touringplans.com app for iPhone...

marcriss

Just in general it's a bad commercial. There's nothing about it that makes it seem like the app is so special or even hype that it's exclusive to verizon. I can't even remember if they say it's exclusive to verizon. Plus, as much as I love Disney, how many people are they going to suck in based on that ad. It'd be a boring ad to air in FL, but up in NY it seems very out of place.

They'd have done much better if they'd tagged it (much shorter) to an actual Disney World commercial (like car ads attach a local tag to a national ad).

Ok my rant is done. Sorry.

Krack

He is probably headed to the nearest bathroom because he knows he's going to have to wait an hour once he gets in line for Dumbo.

Testtrack321

I love how they're right infront of the area the wait times board would be and instead they looked at their phone. Look up or spend $10 on a bad app.

Whomp whomp whoooomp

RAXIP

If it is, it's lying. In 30 years, I've never seen a 15 minute wait for Dumbo.

I had a five minute wait the other night.

The character finder version of the Mobile Magic ad isn't any more accurate. In the search for Mickey a girl and family run across the bridge to Liberty Square and discover Mickey all by himself (and no line) by Cinderella's Wishing Well.

jakeman

Meh...

He very well could have been heading for the connector bridge from the front of Adventureland to Liberty Square and then up the left side of the castle. Good plan if there was a stage show going on at the moment.

It is a commercial, so this is probably the most I have even thought about it.

Ziffell

:lol:

Good point. Based on the habits of most tourists, it might be very accurate.

Of course I guess if they REALLY wanted to make it accurate, they should have had the guest's looking up the wait time for Revenge of the Mummy (while in MK) and then asking a CM which direction it was in. :lol:

raven

Maybe they are just making it realisting. At certain times of the day you can't pass through the castle due to the show going on and the bridge to Liberty Square is closed for the parade. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom