Moana, Mirabel and Figment meet and greet details confirmed for Walt Disney World

Cmdr_Crimson

UP FROM THE DEPTHS
THIRTY STORIES HIGH
BREATHES FIRE
HIS HEAD IN THE SKY
FIGZILLA!
FIGZILLA!
AND FIGZOOKYYY
FIGZILLAAAAAA!
i-understood-that-reference-chris-evans.gif

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I liked the theory about Figzilla given by Disney Dan where Figment used his imagination to be larger to interact with the community better by himself.
And they can visually show that by making a projected, interactive Figment grow to his Meet n Greet size.

Figments Friend

Well this is a bit disappointing….
My hope was they were going to move forward with the proposed ‘living character’ version of the purple dragon we all know and love.
Would have been a nice fit.
But no, instead it seems they are falling back on the costumed version….scaled down in height to try to avoid the ‘scare factor’ Figzilla created among the wee ones.

🤨

Can I just add that Figment’s ‘Dad’ , Mr. Baxter, is not a fan of the towering costumed version ?
Even a Mickey - sized version will be too large and contrast against what this character was supposed to symbolize.

-

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Well this is a bit disappointing….
It's not confirmed. But it does bring up the question... How else can Disney do a Figment meet and greet?

Without Dreamfinder (and puppet) what other options exist for the character? The "Living Character" initiative seems logical but how would that work with guests that go in for the emotional hug? Or family photo-op? It's gotta be a costumed character, at least in part...

Dunston

They can’t do the puppet version because they don’t have anyone to be holding him. Dreamfinder can’t be holding him because they need to be coherent with the current attraction (unfortunately), and they can’t have an imagination institute worker holding him because they likely don’t want to push that theme any further for when they do decide to overhaul the pavilion.
Well, you're right by half. They "don't have anyone to be holding him" because it's cheaper to get a regular pay cast member to get in the figment fur character than it would be to train and pay people to operate the puppet, let alone design and build it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom