Mnsshp?

Is MNSSHP worth attending? I've gone to MVMCP a few times and loved it! We're going in Oct this year and thought about buying tickets for this event~

Thanks!

Maria

If you have kids, they will love it -and I´m sure you will too-. I went to it once, and we got a free picture delivered home later, and A LOT of Nestle chocolates by doing a lot of trick or treating! :D
There were two halloween parades -same thing twice- and I thought it was very cool. There were also booths for "hand readings" and stuff like that. It was fun. :animwink:

Upvote 0

bhg469

i had a good time, i was visiting my girlfriend when she worked down there she got tickets. its fun to see everyone dressed up, eeyore as a mummy was great. the haunted mansion CMs are at the top of their game, full makeup makes them really creepy. tha parade was really neat, and i dont like parades, the headless horseman looked phenominal. one of the coolest things was the fog at the entrance to the park, its pretty creepy because as you come in and just see the outline of characters and belive me sully has one CREEPY outline!

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The themeing, parades and bits n bobs were very well done. However the greedy little gits desperate for free chocolate were a pain in the bum.

I would do it again, the fireworks were spectacular.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
The party is a lot of fun. My family did this with Mitzer (my best buddy) and her husband a few years back and we loved it. Especially the Headless Horseman!!!! I thought that I read somewhere that you were going in Nov.? You will enjoy it and the kids will too. Make sure that you pack their costumes for trick or treating.

Pam

Upvote 0

Erika

If you like Halloween, you'll probably like the party. I had a great time when we went this past October. If you watch WDWFreak53's avatar long enough, you'll see me pop up in my Sleeping Beauty costume :lol:

One of my favorite things was seeing all the little boys and girls in their costumes, meeting the characters. We saw one little girl, dressed as Cinderella, getting "princess" lessons from Cindy herself. Priceless.

Upvote 0

justgoofin

Banned
Original Poster
Originally posted by Erika
If you like Halloween, you'll probably like the party. I had a great time when we went this past October. If you watch WDWFreak53's avatar long enough, you'll see me pop up in my Sleeping Beauty costume :lol:

One of my favorite things was seeing all the little boys and girls in their costumes, meeting the characters. We saw one little girl, dressed as Cinderella, getting "princess" lessons from Cindy herself. Priceless.

Ohhh, that is priceless! My daughter has been Alice in Wonderland for the last two years... this year her costume will not fit, bummer! I do have a Snow White costume... would it be corny for me to wear it? :lol: or should I just leave the dress up to the kids?

I'm going w/ other disney friends, who will not have kids w/ them... I'm trying to convince them, it's just not for kids... but of course never going myself, I can't come up w/ a good story! :D

I think we need to avoid Halloween night... too crowded??

Well, plans are just in the beginning stages~ but thanks for this info. I really look forward to trying it.

Upvote 0

Erika

Originally posted by justgoofin
I do have a Snow White costume... would it be corny for me to wear it? :lol: or should I just leave the dress up to the kids?
YOU'RE ASKING ME ???? ROFLMAO :lol: (best to ask someone more normal)

Upvote 0

justgoofin

Banned
Original Poster
YOU'RE ASKING ME ???? ROFLMAO :lol: (best to ask someone more normal)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well, I am fairly new to these boards~ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the warning! :animwink:
I'm just teasing OH wait, Justgoofin w/ ya! :lol:

Upvote 0

EthylCooper

Originally posted by justgoofin
Ohhh, that is priceless! My daughter has been Alice in Wonderland for the last two years... this year her costume will not fit, bummer! I do have a Snow White costume... would it be corny for me to wear it? :lol: or should I just leave the dress up to the kids?

I think we need to avoid Halloween night... too crowded??

I went as Alice this last October....and I was by no means the only grown-up in costume. *Lots* of adults were dressed up. At Disney, everyone's a kid! :) My mom and dad dressed as Maleficent and Grumpy....it made for a great picture!

Halloween night's MNSSHP was sold out last year, and I assume that's usually the case, so it'll probably be the most crowded of the parties. We went about 3 or 4 days before Halloween and the only bad waits were for the picture and for my palm-reading.

(And may I take this moment to point out that the Halloween parade is my *favorite* of any Disney parade, and the Halloween fireworks and the free chocolate are worth the Party price by themselves! btw...don't be afraid to trick or treat--even the grown-ups get to do the fun stuff!)

The Halloween Party is (of course) fun for all ages, but if you're still trying to convince friends that there are not-for-kid things to do, you may want to check out Universal's Halloween Horror Nights as well. Unless your daughter's a teen, you probably shouldn't take her to it, but your adult friends might like it. And if you go, *don't* miss the Bill and Ted show. It's been very good every time I've seen it.

(also...Pam's right....the Headless Horseman *rocks*!!!)

Upvote 0

justgoofin

Banned
Original Poster
Originally posted by EthylCooper
I went as Alice this last October....and I was by no means the only grown-up in costume. *Lots* of adults were dressed up. At Disney, everyone's a kid! :) My mom and dad dressed as Maleficent and Grumpy....it made for a great picture!

Halloween night's MNSSHP was sold out last year, and I assume that's usually the case, so it'll probably be the most crowded of the parties. We went about 3 or 4 days before Halloween and the only bad waits were for the picture and for my palm-reading.

(And may I take this moment to point out that the Halloween parade is my *favorite* of any Disney parade, and the Halloween fireworks and the free chocolate are worth the Party price by themselves! btw...don't be afraid to trick or treat--even the grown-ups get to do the fun stuff!)

The Halloween Party is (of course) fun for all ages, but if you're still trying to convince friends that there are not-for-kid things to do, you may want to check out Universal's Halloween Horror Nights as well. Unless your daughter's a teen, you probably shouldn't take her to it, but your adult friends might like it. And if you go, *don't* miss the Bill and Ted show. It's been very good every time I've seen it.

(also...Pam's right....the Headless Horseman *rocks*!!!)

Thank you for this info. The whole event sounds FUN! I talked to the other disney friends that are going w/ us and they said YES! So I hope my plans work out and we can go! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

justgoofin

Banned
Original Poster
JG,

Here are a few pics from when I went to the party this past fall http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16146

Wow! Disney needs to hire you to be Sleeping Beauty! You look so "Princessie" :lol: My hubby says you sure beat the Sleeping Beauty we saw at the castle a few years back! He's right! :D

Thanks for the info and pictures! Now I'm really excited and hope my plans will take me there!!!!!!
:sohappy:

Who knows, I may even dress up like Snow White {If I don't sell the costume on Ebay:lol: first}

Upvote 0

Bagheera

Anybody know when this year's dates will be announced? We'll be there 10/10-10/18, and I figure that there'll probably be some dates in that time frame....

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Originally posted by Bagheera
Anybody know when this year's dates will be announced? We'll be there 10/10-10/18, and I figure that there'll probably be some dates in that time frame....

They usually don't announce them until the summer.

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom