MNSSHP Questions

WildLodgeFan

Since this our first time to the party - I'm scouring around for different details and things pop into mind. So I have two questions:

1. On the day of the party we will be going to Blizzard Beach from 10 - 2; return to our rooms for a change to make it to the MK around 4:00. Since we will only have our MNSSHP tickets to get in (and I understand they will start letting you in at 4), a) to we have to go to a specific locations to scan our card b) will they go ahead and give us our wristbands then or do we need to go to the designated locations? c) where are these designated locations generally located?

2. This is probably going to seem like a dumb question, but does Fast Pass run during the parties?

Thanks to everybody who responds!

tink68

I have only been to one of the Halloween parties and I remember going thru the normal gates and once you are thru they are standing there to give you your band. Now we did not get there that early last time so it could be a certain area you have to go to and I am sure someone here will let you know. Fastpass does run during the party I believe but honestly the crowd dies down alot so I would not think you would need it that often if at all. It is alot of fun and we are going again on Oct 9th. We have dinner reservations at 5 in the MK so we will be getting there earlier this year also. Have fun! :wave:
Sheri

Upvote 0

popkid

I don't recall if Fastpass machines are running during the party, but honestly you wouldn't need them if they were. Attractions are pretty much walk on :)

Upvote 0

WildLodgeFan

Original Poster
Thanks -

I figure that most rides are pretty much walk-on, just was thinking more of less during the transition time. Do they clear out the FP queue at the end of the normal operating hours?

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

The past 2 times I recall was I went through any of the turnstyles and got my wristband on the right side of the main entrance since they re-routed guests to exit from the left.
The designated area at the time was everyone was to head towards Tommorowland and all of the rides were open in that area....And I rode the TTA 5 times until they opened the rest of the areas of the park.

Upvote 0

Mystic

I was there for a party last year and we entered, in costume, at 4pm. We got our wristbands right after going through the turnstiles. Also you use your party ticket to get through the turnstiles. We had dinner reservations at Liberty Tree so I can't really tell you if they herded party guests into one specific location but I know for the Christmas party the year before they did not, we were on Main Street after our dinner. If you enter MK prior to 4pm, you'll need to go to a wristband location to have your card scanned and get your wristband. These are clearly marked areas with signs. I know one is located in the Castle Rose Garden. Also if you are getting your wristbands this way, EVERY member of your party MUST be there with their OWN ticket. Once person cannot go and collect all the wristbands as the CMs will attach it to your wrist.

Upvote 0

WildLodgeFan

Original Poster
The past 2 times I recall was I went through any of the turnstyles and got my wristband on the right side of the main entrance since they re-routed guests to exit from the left.
The designated area at the time was everyone was to head towards Tommorowland and all of the rides were open in that area....And I rode the TTA 5 times until they opened the rest of the areas of the park.

Thanks! Did you go in around 4:00 or closer to party time?

Upvote 0

WildLodgeFan

Original Poster
I was there for a party last year and we entered, in costume, at 4pm. We got our wristbands right after going through the turnstiles. Also you use your party ticket to get through the turnstiles. We had dinner reservations at Liberty Tree so I can't really tell you if they herded party guests into one specific location but I know for the Christmas party the year before they did not, we were on Main Street after our dinner. If you enter MK prior to 4pm, you'll need to go to a wristband location to have your card scanned and get your wristband. These are clearly marked areas with signs. I know one is located in the Castle Rose Garden. Also if you are getting your wristbands this way, EVERY member of your party MUST be there with their OWN ticket. Once person cannot go and collect all the wristbands as the CMs will attach it to your wrist.

Thanks for the info. We don't plan to use anythign but our party tickets that day, so we won't be entering the park before 4:00 PM. However your comments bring up another question - will we be herded to a designated area? We were hoping to ride a few rides that will not be open during the party - like Jungle Cruise and Big Thunder Mountain, but that could obviously present a problem if we will be hearded to a specific area.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks for the info. We don't plan to use anythign but our party tickets that day, so we won't be entering the park before 4:00 PM. However your comments bring up another question - will we be herded to a designated area? We were hoping to ride a few rides that will not be open during the party - like Jungle Cruise and Big Thunder Mountain, but that could obviously present a problem if we will be hearded to a specific area.
No. You will be on your own just like any other time at the park. What you will notice is a number of CM' checking for wrist bands and herding people out of the parks at 7:00 pm.

Upvote 0

WildLodgeFan

Original Poster
No. You will be on your own just like any other time at the park. What you will notice is a number of CM' checking for wrist bands and herding people out of the parks at 7:00 pm.

Whew, thanks Yoda. I was afraid I was going to be targeted by the family if they didn't get the ride the JC and BTM! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

WildLodgeFan

Original Poster
Typically just JC and HoP and I think maybe the Tiki room

Based on a list I found one another site :lookaroun allears.net from last year party it looks like these attractions are not open during the party:

Jungle Cruise
Enchanted Tiki Room
Big Thunder Mountain
Hall of Presidents
Liberty Riverboat
Carousel of Progress

(not sure if that's a complete list, I'm trying to go from my crazy shorthand on a notebook from yesterday, and I was probably paying attention mostly to what my crew would be concerned about)

Which does remind me - are only certain shops open during this time as well? I know not all the restaurants are open, but I didn't stop think about shops.

Upvote 0

imamouse

When I went, prior to 7 pm certain turnstiles were designated as party entrances (well marked - banners, etc). Wristbands were available immediately on the other side of the turnstiles.

FP does not operate during after-hours parties, but you don't need it anyway. Ticket sales are limited so crowds are usually manageable. Halloween night and the night before are the exceptions as those nights always sell out.

Have fun! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom