MNSSHP question.....

Tomi-Rocket

Original Poster
I know this is very early but we've already started saving so......

My boys will be 14 & 10 next year when we go to WDW. We'll be there when they're hosting the MNSSHP and although each time we've gone to WDW they've had that party we've never gone. My question is, I've been considering buying tickets but wondering if my boys, given their ages, will enjoy it? Would I be wasting our money? Also, do I have to buy four tickets even if only three of us want to go? :veryconfu

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I know this is very early but we've already started saving so......

My boys will be 14 & 10 next year when we go to WDW. We'll be there when they're hosting the MNSSHP and although each time we've gone to WDW they've had that party we've never gone. My question is, I've been considering buying tickets but wondering if my boys, given their ages, will enjoy it? Would I be wasting our money? Also, do I have to buy four tickets even if only three of us want to go? :veryconfu

It's great for all ages, I think your boys would have a great time.

You need a ticket for each person, so if you have 3 people going, you need 3 tickets.

wdwfan22

It's a great time and you don't have to wait in long lines for the rides. It's even more fun if you dress up, but it's not a requirement.

Mukta

It depends how much your boys like Halloween and the MK.

I have attended for the past few years with adults and we have all had a blast.
There are short waits for a lot of the rides.
It is fun to get candy!
The parade is amazing. Especially seeing the headless horseman ride through and the Haunted Mansion portion of the parade.
I love getting photo ops with the villains.
The 'ghost' in front of the Haunted Mansion is an attraction herself. One night we talked to her for over 10 minutes. She is hilarious.
There is somethig fun about planning a costume to wear to MK. I love to see the creative things other people come up with.

EvilQueen-T

we went with a group aged 5, 17, 20, 39, and 42 last year. we all dressed up and had a blast. there are photo opportunities that you don't get at other times of year. the trick or treating was fast and simple, the parade was really cool, and the wait time on rides was nothing. some people didn't dress up, others wore halloween t-shirts, some families did group themes like the incredibles, various characters from different or a single disney story, but the best were the ones that looked like they were ghosts that just walked out of the haunted mansion. my only negative is that there were so many more character photo places but very few places set up to use photopass.

I agree with everyone else here. The parties are always great...and the lines a ALOT shorter.

One tip though...a few years back we spent the day in the parks...and then went to MVMCP. We were so exhausted that we couldn't enjoy it. After that, we've always skipped the parks that day and relaxed (maybe playing golf or hanging at the pool) so that we could enjoy the party that evening!

harveyt0206

The Boo To You parade, in my opinion, is one of Disney's best. That alone makes the party a must do for us if we are at the World during that time of the year.

We too are going in 2011 and we definitely plan on going to MNSSHP. While I obviously don't know your boys, I would say that you let them know that it is a bit expensive and let them be part of your decision making process.

I hope they vote for going because I think you will have a wonderful time attending as a family. Have a great trip.

WTBAD

I haven't found anything that WDW offers that is not worth the money.
WDWOctober2009231.jpg

My Wife & I.

WDWOctober2009233.jpg

My kids, The oldest is 30 & the youngest is 20.

They have hounded me since we got back form our trip last Oct to take them back. But the wife & I are thinking about going by ourselves this year.

EnchantedRose

Go for it!

We did MNSSHP Sept 09 and LOVED it! My son was a week shy of 2 at the time & he had a BLAST...he loved the Dance Party...he was shaking it with Pluto & stitch! We took my younger sister (17) and she LOVED it! There were no lines for rides & we got to ride everything, some even twice! Got our faced painted (for free) and got to meet two characters we wouldn't have normally! The Evil Queen & Cruella...who were amazing! Cruella tried very hard to stay in Character with my son...but at one point she said how adorably cute he was! I found that very funny! & of course there's the candy! :D I say go for it.....it'll be fun to dress up, get's lot's of candy, and enjoy the park with less crowds & Hallowishes!!!

cdunbar

I went last year with my best friend, we were 22 and 23, and we really enjoyed ourselves the HM is probably the most fun part of it because the CM's go all out! This year my boyfriend and I are going as part of his birthday present from his parents and I'm going to dress up this year. I've already been warned by another friend on the boards that my costume of chocie was very popular as she too wore it and got a lot of people telling her how awesome her costume was! :lol: I didn't dress up last year and have to say I feel like I missed a major element. But yeah it's TONS of fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom