MNSSHP- Jungle Cruise

dave0616

My family was at MK for MNSSHP on Friday 10/6. I convinced my 18 and 20 year old to ride with me 'cause I had never been on it at night. Time was around 8:30 - NO one on the ride, but it was very cool. Had the most entertaining "captain" - she was certainly enthusiastic and had the few of us on the boat laughing all through the ride. If it's open when you are there, make time to ride. Have fun!!

brich

Last week when there, my 7 year old got to drive the Jungle Cruise boat for the whole ride. He was extremely excited and it proved to be a highlite for the whole family. I missed the entire ride as I was to busy watching him navigate the river at night as if, he was really navigating... :D

Not sure if this is a common thing these days but I've never seen it happen. Unless it had something to do with the Dreams Come True stuff.... For 10 minutes, my son lived his dream of working at Mickey's House... :sohappy:

It's things like this that keep the magic alive...

To the CM that allowed him this opportunity, thank you very much. You made a little boy VERY happy... :D

MissM

It wasn't last year. They used the whole queue area as a "treat trail." You can always get in a ride before the party if you wanted. Get there at 4pm and hit a few rides like Jungle Cruise and Carousel of Progress that aren't open during the Party. (Both are candy stations.)
-m

Buried20KLeague

Last week when there, my 7 year old got to drive the Jungle Cruise boat for the whole ride. He was extremely excited and it proved to be a highlite for the whole family. I missed the entire ride as I was to busy watching him navigate the river at night as if, he was really navigating... :D

Not sure if this is a common thing these days but I've never seen it happen. Unless it had something to do with the Dreams Come True stuff.... For 10 minutes, my son lived his dream of working at Mickey's House... :sohappy:

It's things like this that keep the magic alive...

To the CM that allowed him this opportunity, thank you very much. You made a little boy VERY happy... :D

I second this... Our daughter was able to do the same thing, late one night before close. She, too, thought she was honestly driving the boat. :lol: IT was cute. Afterward she kept talking about how she had to turn really fast to avoid the waterfall, and that she's much better driving the JC boats than she is driving the Indy cars in Tomorrowland. :lol:

But it was a great treat that she'll remember forever, and down the road probably laugh at, thinking she had control of direction.

Now, back on topic... The Jungle Cruise is GREAT at night, and is almost always a tradition to do in the dark.

MagliteL13

Jungle Cruise is not open for hard ticket events (MNSSHP, MVMCP, Night of Joy, Grad Nites, etc...). There are a couple speculated reasons--neither of which I should talk about. Jungle Cruise is, however, usually open at night on any non-hard ticket evening. Personally, I prefer the days to the nights. Night is pretty creepy though.

Skipper Jungle Jeremy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom