MNSSHP Early entry still at 4 PM?

FLDISFAN

Just wondering if they are still letting MNSSHP ticket holders in a few hours early?

That was a real treat to be able to get 3 extra hours in the park and since we are only there for this one day this year we want to maximize our time.

If the date matters we are attending on 10/20/11

Thanks in advance for any answers.

BigRedDad

As others have said, I don't think we will know for sure until the 1st party. Personally, I wish they would eliminate it. I also wish they would close the park at 6PM to get non-party goers out by 7PM. I reluctantly purchased passes for the party this year. I am praying that there are only party guests there.

Upvote 0

BigTxEars

We have tickets for the 13th, next Tuesday which is the 1st NHSSP of the year. We will go around 5pm or so. If they let us in with the NSSHP tickets great, if not we have an extra day on our regular tickets to burn. I would think they will let folks in early.

The transition last year from regular to NSSHP was not bad, we spent the entire day at MK and then stayed for the NSSHP (we had tickets for it of course) and it went smooth. We turned out ticket sin by Buzz Lightyear and got the wristbands and treat bags around 5pm I think. We did not see many folks there past 8 or so without wristbands. I have no doubt there were some cheaters staying but not enough to really matter.

Upvote 0

gnuts0306

i thought it said on the paper that came with my tix, but i just checked and it only says 7-12, but everywhere else i have read said 4....and thats what the CM told me when i ordered the tix also....we have reservations at CP that night before the party!

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

I'll be there 9/20 for the party and the lady that took my rezzie told me I could get into the park at 4 p.m. - hope that helps! :wave:

Upvote 0

FLDISFAN

Original Poster
I'll be there 9/20 for the party and the lady that took my rezzie told me I could get into the park at 4 p.m. - hope that helps! :wave:

:sohappy:

Sounds like they are going to do the same thing this year. Thanks for the info and we'll be heading in early @4pm for a few more hours of ride fun.:D

Upvote 0
As others have said, I don't think we will know for sure until the 1st party. Personally, I wish they would eliminate it. I also wish they would close the park at 6PM to get non-party goers out by 7PM. I reluctantly purchased passes for the party this year. I am praying that there are only party guests there.

Has that really become a problem? We were thinking of going to MNSSHP on our next trip but if they are letting a bunch of people stay in the parks past 6 or 7 that do not have party tickets then I'd rather not spend the money. That's one of the nicer things about the party, lower crowds. We did not see anyone during the last MNSSHP we went to in 2005 that did not have a wristband.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

When they did this years ago, they still let the party goers in around 4 with our party ticket - but then at 6pm they closed the park and made us all go to Tomorrowland to wait. This is when a photo was still included, so we all waited in line during the 6-7pm hour to get our photos taken.

Tomorrowland was PACKED during that hour - perhaps that is why they stopped doing it that way?

Has that really become a problem? We were thinking of going to MNSSHP on our next trip but if they are letting a bunch of people stay in the parks past 6 or 7 that do not have party tickets then I'd rather not spend the money. That's one of the nicer things about the party, lower crowds. We did not see anyone during the last MNSSHP we went to in 2005 that did not have a wristband.

Now they allow everyone to stay in the park until 7pm, but make numerous announcements between 6pm and 7pm to clear people out - and to sell more party tickets. After 7pm, ropes go up, and they attempt to make it difficult for those without wristbands to move around. They also try to flush non-party people down and out Main St - but some people still manage to hang around and see the Halloween Parade...

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

I have been told my experience was unique. I am not sure if it was due to every "non-English" speaking person there, but the time I went we could do very little because of the non-Party ticket holders blocking everything: parade spots, character lines, trick or treat trail, dance parties.

I will have a better idea 1 week from tomorrow though. Hoping for a better experience.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

i thought it said on the paper that came with my tix, but i just checked and it only says 7-12, but everywhere else i have read said 4....and thats what the CM told me when i ordered the tix also....we have reservations at CP that night before the party!

The party itself is only from 7-12. So the tickets state as much. But for the last several years they have let people in at 4. This is basically an unofficial policy. But they could change it, so they don't print it on the tickets in case they do.

But could you imagine having 15k people waiting to be let in at 7 on the dot? Most stuff wouldn't have any crowds until 7:15-7:30. So it actually works to their favor to let them help to disperse the crowds throughout the park so no single party event is slammed.

Upvote 0

FLDISFAN

Original Poster
Last year they had cast members with signs out and a rope at the entrances ( I ran into it going from Fantasy Land to Liberty Square) and they were checking wrist bands.

If you didnt have one they turned people around and were funnelling them bck thru the castle and onto Main street.

So they are doing things to make sure folks dont stay, although as some said Im sure a few manage to stick around and watch the parade.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom