MNSSHP and Rain?

NikiMouse

If it pours rain for the party, do they just not have Hallowishes nor the Boo to You parade?

We were there for the MNSSHP in 2005 when Hurricane Wilma hit. They cancelled all of the special stuff like villans stage how, Hallowishes and the parade. They did still do the candy passing out and characters but it was raining so hard that it would have been miserable.

We asked guest services to give us tix to another MNSSHP for later than week and they agreed. May have just been due to the hurricane, but they were very accomodating.

Here's to wishing you GREAT weather!! :wave:

Niki

Upvote 0

harveyt0206

We were at MNSSHP on 9/23. There were several thunderstorms that evening along with a lot of lightning. They made a special announcement prior to the start time of the first parade that due to inclement weather the parade would be postponed. It was only postponed by a half an hour, which was more than reasonable considering the type of weather we were having. Hallowishes and parade #2 went off without a hitch. So, my understanding is that if the weather poses any threat to the Cast Members performing in the parade, they will cancel, or at the very least postpone, the parades. They have to do what is best for their employees in that situation and we really weren't upset by it and from chatting with the people standing near us waiting for the parade, no one else really had a problem with the delay.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

We were at MNSSHP on 9/23. There were several thunderstorms that evening along with a lot of lightning. They made a special announcement prior to the start time of the first parade that due to inclement weather the parade would be postponed. It was only postponed by a half an hour, which was more than reasonable considering the type of weather we were having. Hallowishes and parade #2 went off without a hitch. So, my understanding is that if the weather poses any threat to the Cast Members performing in the parade, they will cancel, or at the very least postpone, the parades. They have to do what is best for their employees in that situation and we really weren't upset by it and from chatting with the people standing near us waiting for the parade, no one else really had a problem with the delay.

I read somewhere (my pea-brain never remembers where I read specific stuff) that if it's raining or if the ground is wet the headless horseman can't ride. Was that the case on 9/23? We were in Epcot that night and I was thinking of the MNSSHP folks. We went to the 9/20 party and the weather was warm & humid but no rain. :wave:

Upvote 0

harveyt0206

I read somewhere (my pea-brain never remembers where I read specific stuff) that if it's raining or if the ground is wet the headless horseman can't ride. Was that the case on 9/23? We were in Epcot that night and I was thinking of the MNSSHP folks. We went to the 9/20 party and the weather was warm & humid but no rain. :wave:

The horseman did ride. It rained for a bit that evening but I think the lightning was the bigger concern that night. It was everywhere ( as you know, since you just around the corner at Epcot).

And I can't believe you were at the party on the 20th! We were there that night too. It was hubby's idea to go twice. Lol...I wish I had known you were there I would of loved saying hi to you and your family. :)

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

The horseman did ride. It rained for a bit that evening but I think the lightning was the bigger concern that night. It was everywhere ( as you know, since you just around the corner at Epcot).

And I can't believe you were at the party on the 20th! We were there that night too. It was hubby's idea to go twice. Lol...I wish I had known you were there I would of loved saying hi to you and your family. :)

Awwww....I wish I'd known, too! Dang! So close! Did you see the family dressed in different colors of tshirts as the 'Disney Villains Club'? That was us!

Yeah, the lightning was weird that night. We were about 30 minutes into the standby for TT and they shut the ride down because of the lightning. We had just come out of the briefing room...so close! I called my brother who was outside and asked him what was going on with the weather. He said the lightning looked high like heat lightning did. We waited for over 20 minutes with some nightmare screaming, rowdy kids in front of us before DH finally said he had to get out of there before he snatched one of 'em up. :lol: The weather was just so odd that night. All that flashing but no real rain. :shrug:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom