Mnsshp ??? And October ???

theflame

Original Poster
I hope I don't ask too many questions too soon after joining but..........:eek:

We are going to FW camping on October 5-13 or so and will attend the MNSSHP on the 11th. I was going to go on the 8th but I was afraid of Columbus Day and the crowds.:veryconfu

We normally go in January so I wondered who has been in Oct. and to the party?

Is it crowded the week of Columbus Day? The schools are not out around here(North GA) but I think many schools must use this time for fall break!
Ours is the next week.

What is the weather like? In January it can be cold some days and you will freeze if you get out of the pool and don't run!

Thanks for the help!:wave:

Jessie&Buzz

We went a few years ago that week and had an awesome time! It wasn't crowded at all. Yes, we did have to wait in line for a few rides, but that's expected.

We loved the party. It was awesome! My kids dressed up for it. Our daughter was Mulan and our son was Murray Wiggle (his obsession at 18 months lol). When my hubby and daughter went to ride Space Mountain, the CM was like "we didn't know you were coming Princess Mulan" (I know not really a princess) and let her skip line in front of non-dressed up guests. She was so excited.

The weather was great. It was hot enough for shorts and tank tops most days. I suggest taking jeans/long pants and a jacket for the evening. It did get rather chilly one evening and we were glad we had those in the car.

Hope you have a great time!

Unplugged

We typically go at the end of September, so the latest we've been is the 1st week of October. Then it was still very warm and made for nice trips to Typhoon Lagoon during the day.

For your reference, here is a URL to the monthly Avg Temps for Orlando. I use it often:
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/USFL0372?from=36hr_bottomnav_vacation

ThinkTink721

I hope I don't ask too many questions too soon after joining but..........:eek:

We are going to FW camping on October 5-13 or so and will attend the MNSSHP on the 11th. I was going to go on the 8th but I was afraid of Columbus Day and the crowds.:veryconfu

We normally go in January so I wondered who has been in Oct. and to the party?

Is it crowded the week of Columbus Day? The schools are not out around here(North GA) but I think many schools must use this time for fall break!
Ours is the next week.

What is the weather like? In January it can be cold some days and you will freeze if you get out of the pool and don't run!

Thanks for the help!:wave:
I think the crowd levels will be moderate.
It will probably be warm during the day & cool at night.
Since you are staying at FW, you may want to do the Haunted Wagon Ride (we have never done that, but it sounds fun)! :D
Also, Chip & Dale have a nightly Campfire Sing-Along at FW.
Have fun!
:wave:

rjmagic16

I will be there the same dates as you, we go every year in October
The crowds are moderate, it is usually not that hot and you will need a Jacket at night

But last year it was unusually HOT!!!

It is such a great time, the weekend of Columbus Day the Magic Kingdom will be crowded, we avoid that park until after

Rhuarac

We were there last year for the first week of October. It was warm but not too bad. Beware of the LoveBugs though, they will be everywhere. So let the little ones know if they are afraid of bugs. The crowds weren't too bad. There were still had carry overs from the free dining. Hope you have a great time. The parties are great.

I cant tell you what the crowds are like during the day, but I can tell you the party is awesome. I think they limit the tickets, but I'm not positive.

The weather last time I was there was hott...it kept me from wearing my costume!

Hope that helps...have fun!

theflame

Original Poster
Thanks so much for all the info!:wave:

When you guys say moderate crowds, what does that mean? What kind of wait times should we expect?:shrug:

In January the waits are almost zero, except for the new rides and the most popular which means we always get FP for those anyway.:)

After experimenting with different times of the year, we decided that we will probably always go in october from now on. The moderate crowds are just that really, not too bad. still room to move around without everyone else pushing and on top of you, but not quite thinned out like the crowds in january.
another benefit of going in october is you can experience the food and wine festival at epcot, which imo is awesome. mnsshp is also great. the atmosphere is great, and make sure you don't miss the parade. to be honest, normally we skip a lot of the day to day parades, but the halloween parade is really fantastic, with the headless horseman.
we will also be there at the same time as you and we are going on the 8th to the party. i didn't even think about it being after columbus day, but oh well. the kids will still have fun.
i think that you picked a great time of year to go and hope you have lots of fun! maybe we'll see you there!:wave:

casualrdt

I'v never been in October before and this year first time going at this time of year. I did Xmas 03' and it was the heavest crowds I had ever seen. My last trip was in 2nd week of May 05 and in many cases everything early in the morning and late at night was a walk on. I hope this trip is the same!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom