MNSSHP and MVMCP 2016 prices released

DisneyDaver

LOL. No. No change in attendance. Just profit margin.

If WDW can raise prices and still sellout, then WDW should raise prices. Wouldn't every well run public company operate that way? If attendance drops to the point where profit would be higher be lowering the price and selling more tix, then WDW will very likely do just that.

I don't like the price increase either, but there is nothing wrong with it. If I can't afford a WDW event because supply and demand translate into a price I can't afford, then so be it. I'll find other means of entertainment.

fvrs7189

So I will be down for the first evening of MVMCP. With the price increase there is more chatter that it is not worth it. My question is I was there in January and was able to see the decorations, but the children were not with the wife and I. If our last day is the 7th, will we be able to see the castle decorated and lit up? Or is the first time this is shown is during the MVMCP? I want my kids to be able to see the castle and other decorations. I feel certain the other decorations like the trees and stuff will be up. In past years was the castle done before the Christmas parties? Since we would of been there 7 days and would be leaving the next day should we spend our money in other ways?

MagicHappens1971

So I will be down for the first evening of MVMCP. With the price increase there is more chatter that it is not worth it. My question is I was there in January and was able to see the decorations, but the children were not with the wife and I. If our last day is the 7th, will we be able to see the castle decorated and lit up? Or is the first time this is shown is during the MVMCP? I want my kids to be able to see the castle and other decorations. I feel certain the other decorations like the trees and stuff will be up. In past years was the castle done before the Christmas parties? Since we would of been there 7 days and would be leaving the next day should we spend our money in other ways?
"'A Frozen Holiday Wish' begins on November 5, and runs through to December 31 2014. Show times are 6:15pm and 7:30pm on regular park days, and 6:15pm and 8pm on Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party nights." I believe the show was extended last year. I can never remember but I believe they keep the lights on until the next show starts and then they turn back on when they're relit. Then once it's the second show, they stay on for the rest of the evening.

asianway

As much as I love Disney World, being DVC and an AP holder. We go a 2-3 times a year. I just cannot justify another $200 for two people to go to MVMCP when there is no new extra benefit. We will just have a relax night instead. Plus if they have AK open later, I can go there for free.

We already pay DVC fees, AP's, DDP (for ease) and we like to buy things or do a different restaurant. We did Victoria and Alberts in May, which was just spectacular!

But for $200 for an old parade, same fireworks and some additional characters that have not changed for a hot minute, I just can't justify this year.
Dwarfs and Jack & Sally will be enough for the rubes through 2025

ToTBellHop

Dwarfs and Jack & Sally will be enough for the rubes through 2025
Perhaps you are oversimplifying people's reasons for going? My reasons: see my kids trick or treat in MK, enjoy the atmosphere and lighting, see the old parade that is still MK's best, see the old fireworks that are still MK's best and have perimeter fireworks, see Spelltacular which I think is WDW's best show, visit HM with special lighting, smoke, ghost woman and awesome CM makeup.

Maybe I'm just a rube :rolleyes:

EUmickey

Prices for Mickey's Halloween at Disneyland have been released too today. price raises there aswell plus PARKING is removed so another addition for people there. Smartly played by Disney..

21stamps

Perhaps you are oversimplifying people's reasons for going? My reasons: see my kids trick or treat in MK, enjoy the atmosphere and lighting, see the old parade that is still MK's best, see the old fireworks that are still MK's best and have perimeter fireworks, see Spelltacular which I think is WDW's best show, visit HM with special lighting, smoke, ghost woman and awesome CM makeup.

Maybe I'm just a rube :rolleyes:
I sometimes wonder if people are actually planning trips for their kid's enjoyment, or just their own.

21stamps

Both? It's a family vacation.
Maybe I'm weird then, which could totally be true ;)
When I plan a Disney vacay it's first and foremost about my kid. So things like "no new additions" don't matter as much. I don't think a kid really cares if there is something new at Disney this year compared to last year.

It could also be the fact that I'm totally basing this on my own childhood experiences. I was just excited to go, period.

tribbleorlfl

Gor anyone going to the Halloween party, be sure to get your exclusive Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card.
ndf313.jpg

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ampaign=Feed:+DisneyParks+(Disney+Parks+Blog)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom