MNSSHP 9/25/09 Tidbits

The "Pro"

Original Poster
From the event on Friday 9/25:

1. Trick or Treat bags were more of an advertisement of Snow White and UP as they were on the front and back of the bag. MNSSHP was only noted on the sides of the bags after they are opened.

2. The Headless Horseman and the parade was excellent as usual.

3. Though wait times were fairly short all evening, after the 2nd parade at 10:30, you pretty much had the park to yourself.

4. Plenty of candy, though not as many chocolate as I remember.

5. With the release of all pins that are associated with the party all at once (instead of date specific as a year or so ago) has lead to less of a demand for them. I remember in past years waiting in a line for the pin being released for that nights party, and then going to Uptown Jewelers to purchase any previously released pins, if they were still available.

6. Character Dance Parties - one at Stich's stage in Tomorrowland (in place of in Cosmic Rays). The other was still located in Fantasyland.

EPCOTPluto

3. Though wait times were fairly short all evening, after the 2nd parade at 10:30, you pretty much had the park to yourself.

5. With the release of all pins that are associated with the party all at once (instead of date specific as a year or so ago) has lead to less of a demand for them. I remember in past years waiting in a line for the pin being released for that nights party, and then going to Uptown Jewelers to purchase any previously released pins, if they were still available.
Interesting. Back on the 18th, it was still packed by 11pm! :eek:

Was there always mostly generic, infamous candy? Got a load of raisins and Laffy Tafffy...

And merch was in small demand. I came back a day later for a pin and I was able to buy 2 within minutes, providing you have your night passes. :)

RAXIP

1. Trick or Treat bags were more of an advertisement of Snow White and UP as they were on the front and back of the bag. MNSSHP was only noted on the sides of the bags after they are opened.

Same as last year. Then it was wall-e and Tinkerbell.

Shere_Khan

Interesting. Back on the 18th, it was still packed by 11pm! :eek:

Was there always mostly generic, infamous candy? Got a load of raisins and Laffy Tafffy...

And merch was in small demand. I came back a day later for a pin and I was able to buy 2 within minutes, providing you have your night passes. :)

The party on the 15th seemed crowded in the later hours as well.

I was so upset, I didn't even know about the pins and only realized about them the next day at the pin store at DTD.
I asked 3 CM's if I could still get one even though I didn't get one at the party the night before. 1 said I couldn't, and the other two could not understand what I was asking so I stopped trying.

I ended up buying a Minnie Mouse one off of ebay. It just says the party and the year.
Still upset I didn't know about it.

Next Big Thing

I was there on the 25th as well. While I can't really vouche for the wait times really (only went on about 4-5 rides all night and the only one after 2nd parade was HM which was packed) I didn't notice to drastic of a decrease in crowds after the 2nd parade, but yes they did go down some. Not by much from what I could tell though. I was a little mad though b/c they shut the doors on the shops on main street and locked them at EXACTLY 12:00 and we wanted to SPEND MONEY!!!! We weren't about to wait around for someone to come out either. Disney lost out on a sale there.

emporiumgirl06

Sorry to hear about Main Street shutting down... I am not sure the policy on Parties, but I would assume its the same rules like Extra Magic Hours, they close when the park closes (unlike normal hours where we were open a hour past park close). At least that tended to be the case when I was at the Emporium. I am surprised to hear that, normally they would wait a little while past close till shutting doors and semi-herding people out, in hopes of making budget! :)

dreamfinder

Interesting. Does this mean that the demand for the pins is dying down? At the party last year I had 4 or 5 pins to pick from, and this was a week before Halloween. It's good for people who go early and want a certain pin, but people who go late may be completely out of luck of getting any LE pin. (Other than the event one "limited" to just the event sales) Have to wonder how many sharks will load up on the pins early and then unload em on eBay?

RSoxNo1

I'll be at the party on 10/2/09. I think we're planning on staying until midnight. During party hours 7-12 how many attractions should I anticipate being able to experience? The party events we will definitely be attending are the parade and the fireworks.

wdwfan22

I was there on the 25th as well. While I can't really vouche for the wait times really (only went on about 4-5 rides all night and the only one after 2nd parade was HM which was packed) I didn't notice to drastic of a decrease in crowds after the 2nd parade, but yes they did go down some. Not by much from what I could tell though. I was a little mad though b/c they shut the doors on the shops on main street and locked them at EXACTLY 12:00 and we wanted to SPEND MONEY!!!! We weren't about to wait around for someone to come out either. Disney lost out on a sale there.

During special events and Extra Magic Hours the shops on Main Street close at the end of the event.

WishIwasThere

2. The Headless Horseman and the parade was excellent as usual.

We were there as well...Had a great night. But where was the chocolate...got a ton of raisins and lollypops. I remeber when we went back in 2003 we got a ton of chocolate.

Also enjoyed seeing the new lighting on the TTA. One side of tomorrowland was green, the other red and white mixed inbetween. But there seems to be alot of the narration missing.

The fireworks were great as usual.

WishIwasThere

I'll be at the party on 10/2/09. I think we're planning on staying until midnight. During party hours 7-12 how many attractions should I anticipate being able to experience? The party events we will definitely be attending are the parade and the fireworks.

You can get there at 4PM and be let in, just get your wristband. We got there around 6:30 and we did:
splash, twice
BTMRR, twice
haunted mansion, twice
HoP, wife wanted to do it
IASW
Peter Pan
Philharmagic
Snow White
TTA, twice
Rocket Jets, twice
BLSRS, twice
Stitch, kids wanted to do it
missed the laugh floor, last show was at 11PM
watched the second parade and the fireworks and hit only four or five candy spots. We also let the DD dance a while at 'club 626' in tomorrowland. So we were able to do a ton but we prettymuch missed adventureland from 6:30 to midnight. Hope this helps.

Next Big Thing

Sorry to hear about Main Street shutting down... I am not sure the policy on Parties, but I would assume its the same rules like Extra Magic Hours, they close when the park closes (unlike normal hours where we were open a hour past park close). At least that tended to be the case when I was at the Emporium. I am surprised to hear that, normally they would wait a little while past close till shutting doors and semi-herding people out, in hopes of making budget! :)
Yeah, I actually wasn't surprised when I saw some of the lights on main street starting to shut off. It was just that my mom wanted to buy something. I know they need to get everyone out a little faster with having the parties and all so they can take the halloween stuff down from the parties once the park is empty. Just wish we had gotten in the store sooner!

Next Big Thing

You can get there at 4PM and be let in, just get your wristband. We got there around 6:30 and we did:
splash, twice
BTMRR, twice
haunted mansion, twice
HoP, wife wanted to do it
IASW
Peter Pan
Philharmagic
Snow White
TTA, twice
Rocket Jets, twice
BLSRS, twice
Stitch, kids wanted to do it
missed the laugh floor, last show was at 11PM
watched the second parade and the fireworks and hit only four or five candy spots. We also let the DD dance a while at 'club 626' in tomorrowland. So we were able to do a ton but we prettymuch missed adventureland from 6:30 to midnight. Hope this helps.

yeah we definatley didn't do as many rides as you guys. Only about 4 or 5 as we had a 2 year old and also we were there more about experiencing the parades, fireworks and doing all the stuff you normally can't do on a normal park day.

WishIwasThere

yeah we definatley didn't do as many rides as you guys. Only about 4 or 5 as we had a 2 year old and also we were there more about experiencing the parades, fireworks and doing all the stuff you normally can't do on a normal park day.

We were only down at WDW for a long weekend and the MNSSHP was going to be our only time in the MK so we were more about the rides this time.

TTATraveler

I was there on the 25th as well. I did get a few pieces of chocolate, but not as much as last year. In fact the chocolate I did get was near the beginning of the party. Tons of lollipops and smarties seemed to be the norm. It was so hot and humid that night, maybe that was the reason for less chocolate??

Main Street USA

Yeah, I went last year and got a huge mix of brand name chocolate, smarties, older branded stuff, taffy, etc. I was actually pretty excited and surprised about the type of candy we got last year. Hopefully, the couple reports above are just a fluke!

Next Big Thing

I was there on the 25th as well. I did get a few pieces of chocolate, but not as much as last year. In fact the chocolate I did get was near the beginning of the party. Tons of lollipops and smarties seemed to be the norm. It was so hot and humid that night, maybe that was the reason for less chocolate??
yeah thats what I was thinking. IT was very humid so they might keep chocolate away, but I have a feeling they just don't give out much chocolate b/c of humidity concerns anyway. And I got about the same candy as you. Tons of smarties, lollipops, some tootsie rolls, sweet tarts, taffy-ish stuff, etc.

I went the first night it opened. I have never been there before and thought it was great. NO crowds at the second parade at all. I sat by the hub and I was the only person on the enitre side of the street. My 4 year old got HOOKED up with candy. I was impressed on the mixture of candy. All name brand, snickers, twix, M & M, Baby ruth, clark. Still had smarties and taffy but overall VERY impressed. They did give out little no-name chocolate ball candies that melted everywhere in the bags. my son dumped the bags on the bed in pirate room and cover the bed in melted chocolate. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom