MMRR Queue Carpet in Horrible Shape

DisneyCane

Original Poster
I rode MMRR once during the COVID reopening period and hadn't ridden since. Last Thursday I decided to give it another try to see if it would be better with the pre-show. Alas, we get to the pre-show room and the screen is just open like it was for the COVID reopening period.

Getting back to the subject of the thread. The carpet in the queue is in embarrassingly bad condition. I didn't get pictures because we were moving pretty fast through the area but there are many spots which are completely threadbare. It was one of the worst examples of "bad show" that I've seen. It was something you'd expect to see in the lobby of a seedy 1 1/2 star roadside motel, not the queue of an attraction at an expensive theme park.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Before anyone thinks they need to comment about this being nit-picking: I noticed the carpet wear as well and I wasn't even looking. Mostly in and around corners, but the carpet wear is very evident. I genuinely wonder if it's on the schedule somewhere to be replaced before some parts are completely worn through.

ETA: I may have snapped a pic or two, if anyone wants to see an example.

DisneyCane

Original Poster
Before anyone thinks they need to comment about this being nit-picking: I noticed the carpet wear as well and I wasn't even looking. Mostly in and around corners, but the carpet wear is very evident. I genuinely wonder if it's on the schedule somewhere to be replaced before some parts are completely worn through.

ETA: I may have snapped a pic or two, if anyone wants to see an example.
I wasn't really looking at the floor when I got inside. It was so bad it just jumped out at me.

happymom25

It was in bad condition when we went two years ago. They haven’t replaced the terrible threadbare carpet? That is something that can be done during the night with a proper team of workers.

muddyrivers

When you see these deficiencies, report it to Guest Services. The more complaints Disney sees, the better a chance they'll take some action. Some bean counters may start thinking differently.

Disstevefan1

I presume they changed the carpet when the re themed to MMRR.

50 something years in, they know what materials will stand up. This MUST be the use of cheap materials to save costs! The ironic thing is, they need to replace the cheap cr@p they put in so where is the savings?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom