MLS coming to WDW

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

@MisterPenguin there is a source for you. Its one game so far but it will probably end up being more

Ok. A second team was found to have a handful of cases. And two games were delayed.

Meanwhile the other two dozen teams are 'clean' and their games are set to go as scheduled.

We'll see where this goes...

Ben_since_1971

Ok. A second team was found to have a handful of cases. And two games were delayed.

Meanwhile the other two dozen teams are 'clean' and their games are set to go as scheduled.

We'll see where this goes...
Watxhing pre-game tonight they mentioned if you take Nashville and Dallas out only 1 other positive MLS test. Dallas and Nashville appear to be outliers.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
GOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooalll!!

Tight security:

If I understand this correctly, one of the two teams on the field won. Here is a breakdown of people running around. I believe he's speaking in tongues...

PREMiERdrum

It's going to be a late night, but I'm excited to see a sport in which I have a rooting interest. (I wonder how many people get the "Hell is Real" reference!)

Second time I've mentioned the rivalry by name on this board... completely expected to be censored.

_caleb

Sorry to hear Nashville SC is out. I'm enjoying watching the MLS games at WWoS. Glad to have soccer back.

I'm not trying to be negative, but the production seems a bit... off. They keep talking about how they've got so many cameras and microphones, but most of the in-person audio sounds like it's coming from the bench (some poor soul is having to really watch the profanity mute button, and they sometimes miss a word or two). Anyone else notice the strange camera angle blind spot at center field on the near side?

I guess I was expecting that with all the time they had to set this up and with all the access they have, they'd have done more to make up for the lack of fans in the stands. The Zoom fans cheering on jumbotrons are a cool idea, but not shown on screen. They rarely seem to use the overhead cable camera (suspended by rented construction cranes). The nighttime lighting looks like a high school football game, and the remote commentators don't seem to have any more insight than I do as a fan watching from home.

Other than the giant Adidas logo at center field, are they putting any enhancements into the production? I think I expected them to do something more highly-produced, like they did with The Basketball Tournament this year (closed environment, lots of screens, cameras everywhere).

Maybe I'm missing something?

Ben_since_1971

Sorry to hear Nashville SC is out. I'm enjoying watching the MLS games at WWoS. Glad to have soccer back.

I'm not trying to be negative, but the production seems a bit... off. They keep talking about how they've got so many cameras and microphones, but most of the in-person audio sounds like it's coming from the bench (some poor soul is having to really watch the profanity mute button, and they sometimes miss a word or two). Anyone else notice the strange camera angle blind spot at center field on the near side?

I guess I was expecting that with all the time they had to set this up and with all the access they have, they'd have done more to make up for the lack of fans in the stands. The Zoom fans cheering on jumbotrons are a cool idea, but not shown on screen. They rarely seem to use the overhead cable camera (suspended by rented construction cranes). The nighttime lighting looks like a high school football game, and the remote commentators don't seem to have any more insight than I do as a fan watching from home.

Other than the giant Adidas logo at center field, are they putting any enhancements into the production? I think I expected them to do something more highly-produced, like they did with The Basketball Tournament this year (closed environment, lots of screens, cameras everywhere).

I will admit the broadcast was not ‘polished’. But I give them a lot of slack for this first game. Although that blind spot at near mid field is something you see all the time on English lower level broadcasts and they should have handled that better. The broadcast lighting had to be trucked in - the nornal lighting for that field probably is for HS level - this was probably first time that field had a national broadcast. Also, ESPN3 had a view of the match exclusively from the overhead camera. I am sure there will be adjustments. Lets hope we arent making the same comments in 2 weeks time.

gerarar

Premium Member

The strange camera in the center you speak of is Camera 1 I believe. It has the blind spot because there’s another field right behind it, so there’s really no space to further put back the stand the camera is on.
They’re getting better at switching between this Camera 1 and the ground camera below it to cover the blind spot. I’m sure it’s just a few kinks to work out.
They can’t place the camera 1 at the other side of the field at center midfield because I believe there are permanent stands in the way, as opposed to the current side that has the benches for the teams.

_caleb

I will admit the broadcast was not ‘polished’. But I give them a lot of slack for this first game. Although that blind spot at near mid field is something you see all the time on English lower level broadcasts and they should have handled that better. The broadcast lighting had to be trucked in - the nornal lighting for that field probably is for HS level - this was probably first time that field had a national broadcast. Also, ESPN3 had a view of the match exclusively from the overhead camera. I am sure there will be adjustments. Lets hope we arent making the same comments in 2 weeks time.
I agree! I promise I wasn't trying to be negative- I'm very happy soccer is back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom